• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #1 Washington Redskins

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillislee played his way off the team last night, especially with the missed handoff an the resulting fumble he lost. There have been rumors about him getting traded, BB will take a bag of ice for him today.

Webb made a statement . No way will BB let him go. He had 50+ yards rushing, and scored 16 points in the 4th quarter. Thing to remember is that Hoyer and Etling were on the field and the Patriots were running the ball. Everyone knew they were running and still couldn't stop Webb.

There is still a long way to go, I'm holding my breath for the kid. I watched him a lot at Vanderbilt he is one durable back, not sure he ever missed a game and you cannot be a dummy and attend Vanderbilt. He started as a WR so the hands could be soft, he has a quick burst, power may be an issue but we will see.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still a long way to go, I'm holding my breath for the kid. I watched him a lot at Vanderbilt he is one durable back, not sure he ever missed a game and you cannot be a dummy and attend Vanderbilt. He started as a WR so the hands could be soft, he has a quick burst, power may be an issue but we will see.

On the first two point conversion, Hoyer threw low and behind him. He turned, dipped and pulled it in as he crossed the goal line. Brady was cheering for him. He literally made the fourth quarter for the Pats. And quite possibly the game.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is new Patriots preseason star Ralph Webb?

He's getting noticed.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I disagree that Gillislee is pretty much garbage, but I put that botched handoff on Etling.
Regardless Gillislee is a vet and Etling is a rookie in his first start. Immediately after the botch Gillislee was pointing at the rookie. He's either a douche or he's really worried about making the team. I don't want a player like that on the team.

Thanks for a solid season last year. I hope you well.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The catch he made on the 2pt conversion sealed it for me. He's on the PS minimum or he's traded for something. Great performance tonight. Good luck to him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the first two point conversion, Hoyer threw low and behind him. He turned, dipped and pulled it in as he crossed the goal line. Brady was cheering for him. He literally made the fourth quarter for the Pats. And quite possibly the game.
I saw that, I am sure TB put that in the old memory bank for later use.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillislee looked like Gilligan
Hoyer sucked
Gilmore was consistently bad
Dorsett sucked

Poggi looked good as lead blocker
Webb was exciting little ice cube
Hill looked very good
Patterson looked good

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I disagree that Gillislee is pretty much garbage, but I put that botched handoff on Etling.

Etling put the handoff right in his pouch. Gilislee didn't close it 100% and pretty much left it in Etling's hand. Etling extended and put it back and Gilislee took it and still didn't close the pouch.

I coached for 40 years and will never give QB the benefit of the doubt when they are controlling a play. Gilislee got lazy, which is a problem that's had throughout his career. If you go back with him, this is exactly the type of play he's been in when he fumbles. Always a "bad handoff" and coughs it up at first contact.

The most telling action when a player screws up is to try to throw someone else under the proverbial bus. Gilislee tried it last night but everyone on that sideline knew he swallowed that bone. I'd have much more respect for a guy who can point at himself and take the blame, even if it's not his fault, than for a guy who blames someone else for his laziness.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Etling put the handoff right in his pouch. Gilislee didn't close it 100% and pretty much left it in Etling's hand. Etling extended and put it back and Gilislee took it and still didn't close the pouch.

I coached for 40 years and will never give QB the benefit of the doubt when they are controlling a play. Gilislee got lazy, which is a problem that's had throughout his career. If you go back with him, this is exactly the type of play he's been in when he fumbles. Always a "bad handoff" and coughs it up at first contact.

The most telling action when a player screws up is to try to throw someone else under the proverbial bus. Gilislee tried it last night but everyone on that sideline knew he swallowed that bone. I'd have much more respect for a guy who can point at himself and take the blame, even if it's not his fault, than for a guy who blames someone else for his laziness.

This.
You take the blame for the team, for your team mate. Let him know you have his back and you'll go down swinging for him.
Then call him out in the locker room if there was any fault.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like seeing Gillislee not follow the FB lead blocker through the hole Poggi created. For the record, Poggi was blocking for Webb and Webb followed through as the play was designed. They ran that play several times and Webb succeeded where Gillislee failed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like seeing Gillislee not follow the FB lead blocker through the hole Poggi created. For the record, Poggi was blocking for Webb and Webb followed through as the play was designed. They ran that play several times and Webb succeeded where Gillislee failed.
I think Gillisslee gets cut, Hill ran goo too so still not sure Ralph makes the team. You have to figure the locks at least 3 White, Burkhead, Michel. If they keep four backs I still think that leaves Webb out.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good numbers and durable and a Vandy grad vs good numbers with knee issues and a Georgia grad...
Hmmm...which one would I keep...???

Hint: I'd cut my losses quick and never gamble on questionable knees again.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good numbers and durable and a Vandy grad vs good numbers with knee issues and a Georgia grad...

Let's wait until you see Michel run.....(Dion Lewis had "knee issues")

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston media started reporting last night (Friday) that Tom Brady did not play at all on Thursday against the Redskins due to back soreness. Brady never seemed to be bored much during the game. He was moving around, laughing, high fiving etc. One commentor said, "Name me one 41 year old who doesn't wake up nearly every morning with a sore back."

Brady has not signed the contract incentives yet. Reports around Gillette are that there's some real concern. There are rumors that Brady really feels even more underappreciated now because the incentives are that he has to finish in the Top Five in Five different categories.

* Top 5 in QB rating
* Top 5 in completion %
* Top 5 in yds/att
* Top 5 in TD passes
* Top 5 pass yds

Or make the Super Bowl.

The media love this stuff and certainly love to give their opinions as it's fact. Brady has finished in couple categories every year in the past five years, but never came close to all five. It certainly can't be that much incentive, because Brady has always been about winning above all else. Hate to see him screw the team to just make incentives, to spite Robert Kraft............

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This implies Michel would get cut, not gonna happen,