• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason: Chiefs @ Seahawks

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the nut hugging on Carson here is incredible. The guy has played an amazing preseason for sure, but it's PRESEASON. Coaches/teams are not going to scout your tendencies or situational awareness like regular season. Everyone knows Lacy's style and him as a player, makes a huge difference. Carson looks great, but he's not running behind a line (like 2016-17 Cowboys) with a top 10 talent skillset. Let's hold the horses a bit. I'm rooting for the guy 100% and if he somehow puts up 1,500 yards this season FANTASTIC, but whooaaaaa boys.

Almost the same thing with MLB. Batters come out the first 1/4 of the season and "OMG we have an All Star here!" and then pitchers adapt and.... that's the end of that.

Lacy will be starting, Rawls will be 2nd (if healthy) and Prosise will be 3rd down back. Carson may run here and there, but barring injury or Lacy eating too many cheeseburgers, will not be getting a bulk of carries.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the nut hugging on Carson here is incredible. The guy has played an amazing preseason for sure, but it's PRESEASON. Coaches/teams are not going to scout your tendencies or situational awareness like regular season. Everyone knows Lacy's style and him as a player, makes a huge difference. Carson looks great, but he's not running behind a line (like 2016-17 Cowboys) with a top 10 talent skillset. Let's hold the horses a bit. I'm rooting for the guy 100% and if he somehow puts up 1,500 yards this season FANTASTIC, but whooaaaaa boys.

Almost the same thing with MLB. Batters come out the first 1/4 of the season and "OMG we have an All Star here!" and then pitchers adapt and.... that's the end of that.

Lacy will be starting, Rawls will be 2nd (if healthy) and Prosise will be 3rd down back. Carson may run here and there, but barring injury or Lacy eating too many cheeseburgers, will not be getting a bulk of carries.

I'm pretty sure it'll be Rawls, Lacy, Prosise, and Carson in terms of depth. Once Rawls inevitably ends up on IR Carson will step in behind Lacy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure it'll be Rawls, Lacy, Prosise, and Carson in terms of depth. Once Rawls inevitably ends up on IR Carson will step in behind Lacy.

PFFFFFFFT

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's pre-season, where Russell Wilson won a starting job as a rookie over a guy who the team paid $15M to come in and be the QB. It's not the end all be all, but it's also somewhere north of meaningless.

I could see Carson emerging as a factor in the running game some time this season. He's really only 1 injury away from that as it is, with the assumption that he is in fact making the team. Rawls is already nursing something.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely see Carson getting a lot of touches. Especially if Lacy doesn't step up.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely see Carson getting a lot of touches. Especially if Lacy doesn't step up.
Yep, and I think there are multiple paths to Carson's role increasing. He even showed some receiving skills in this last game that I wasnt aware he had. I think if there's an injury to any 1 of Lacy, Rawls, or Prosise, then Carson is going to get lots more snaps. Two of those 3 have proven to be injury prone if they've proven anything.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and I think there are multiple paths to Carson's role increasing. He even showed some receiving skills in this last game that I wasnt aware he had. I think if there's an injury to any 1 of Lacy, Rawls, or Prosise, then Carson is going to get lots more snaps. Two of those 3 have proven to be injury prone if they've proven anything.

Apparently one of the reasons why he fell so far in the draft was injury concerns. Blew out his knee in high school. Then had a bunch of issues in JuCo before going to OKState.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently one of the reasons why he fell so far in the draft was injury concerns. Blew out his knee in high school. Then had a bunch of issues in JuCo before going to OKState.
Didnt know that. Sounds like a good fit here!!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Walsh is a major concern. His reputation in clutch situations is well understood as it is. Add a few weird kickoffs here and there and this could be a hell of an adventure in kicking this year.

Everyone was in such a hurry to send Hauschka packing, but as always the first question should be who are you replacing him with and is it an upgrade? In this case I really doubt it was.

I'm still pissed Haush isn't on this team. I don't trust Walsh.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt get to watch the whole game but the OL looked ok, LT didnt get abused and the run game looked strong.

Of course, its preseason and doesnt mean much

I thought the o-line looked good. Preseason or not, it was encouraging too see.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haush got a 3 yr/ 9 mil contract w/ Buffalo... We got Walsh for 800,000.. Why pay a kicker 3 mil? Do we tell Kam, sorry, not going to resign you because we're giving your money to a kicker?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the most missed XPs in the league last year I believe, and Haush's shank on the OT chip shot @ Arizona cost us the #1 seed. He also blew the XP at the end of the year at home vs Arizona that cost us the lead in the final minute of the game. How much trust did you really have in that guy going forward? He had some really good moments/seasons here, but last year was really bad and a contract year to boot. It was time.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haush got a 3 yr/ 9 mil contract w/ Buffalo... We got Walsh for 800,000.. Why pay a kicker 3 mil? Do we tell Kam, sorry, not going to resign you because we're giving your money to a kicker?

I'm sure the FO would have found a way to resign Kam, it's what they do best. Yes 800k is cheap but is Walsh's head screwed on right? He hasn't been the same since the missed chip shot 2 years ago but maybe some time off has helped.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the most missed XPs in the league last year I believe, and Haush's shank on the OT chip shot @ Arizona cost us the #1 seed. He also blew the XP at the end of the year at home vs Arizona that cost us the lead in the final minute of the game. How much trust did you really have in that guy going forward? He had some really good moments/seasons here, but last year was really bad and a contract year to boot. It was time.

4 of the 6 missed XP's were blocked so I'd chalk that up to our horrendous o-line again failing in critical spots. Yes he was shaky at times but how much of it was in his head that the o-line sucked so he had to rush the kicks? Honestly, Hawks never had a chance for the 1 seed. Way too many injuries, inconsistent play on both sides of the ball and it seemed like once ET broke his leg the entire team deflated in front of our eyes. I just hope Walsh got rid of them demons that plagued him last season and has a great year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 of the 6 missed XP's were blocked so I'd chalk that up to our horrendous o-line again failing in critical spots. Yes he was shaky at times but how much of it was in his head that the o-line sucked so he had to rush the kicks? Honestly, Hawks never had a chance for the 1 seed. Way too many injuries, inconsistent play on both sides of the ball and it seemed like once ET broke his leg the entire team deflated in front of our eyes. I just hope Walsh got rid of them demons that plagued him last season and has a great year.
Haush's kicks were really flat. You don't need really good blocking on an XP -- just lift that thing up in the air. It's 33 yards!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Hawks never had a chance for the 1 seed.
My mistake -- the 2 seed. Flip that tie @ AZ to a win, and the Hawks have the 2 seed. Dallas lost in the div round to GB, so it was a defacto 1. We would have played ATL at home instead of on the road in the div round, then NFCC at home.

Haush just sucked last year. Walsh wasn't great either, but he's been very good in pre-season. The only thing he's missed was that long one that bounced off the crossbar.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the FO would have found a way to resign Kam, it's what they do best. Yes 800k is cheap but is Walsh's head screwed on right? He hasn't been the same since the missed chip shot 2 years ago but maybe some time off has helped.

Walsh may just be a short term bridge. At one time Walsh was money, now he's a player trying to get back on track, he's cheap and I don't think he'll be awful.
The FO finds ways to pay players that are preforming by letting go those that no longer give them the bang of the buck. Sad but necessary.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake -- the 2 seed. Flip that tie @ AZ to a win, and the Hawks have the 2 seed. Dallas lost in the div round to GB, so it was a defacto 1. We would have played ATL at home instead of on the road in the div round, then NFCC at home.

Haush just sucked last year. Walsh wasn't great either, but he's been very good in pre-season. The only thing he's missed was that long one that bounced off the crossbar.

Good points and I do agree with the miss on the 2 seed.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walsh may just be a short term bridge. At one time Walsh was money, now he's a player trying to get back on track, he's cheap and I don't think he'll be awful.
The FO finds ways to pay players that are preforming by letting go those that no longer give them the bang of the buck. Sad but necessary.

That's true. I was thinking the entire team was up and down besides Haush but so be it. The FO and Pete know way more then I do at practices so maybe they saw something dramatically change in his mechanics that made them move on. Fingers crossed Walsh can fill the void.