• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason: Chiefs @ Seahawks

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Boykin and Davis are neck and neck for the #2 spot. Boykin might be looking at a 1 to 4 game suspension when ever his case goes to court and that might Be the Ace in Davis's hand. Both will play a TON next game and i am all ready to see these two QB's battle it out. Both have been pretty good this preseason other than Boykin tonight who played like he was drunk or high or both.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game. They have dominated 3 teams in a row this ps. We will soon see it that matters at all.
Picking the final RB's will be a challenge.
Overall the OL has performed well. Solid pass pro for the majority of the game. RW getting the ball out quickly is a great plan.
The run game was huge. Keep running the ball and we will win most of our games.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game. They have dominated 3 teams in a row this ps. We will soon see it that matters at all.
Overall the OL has performed well. Solid pass pro for the majority of the game. RW getting the ball out quickly is a great plan.

Depth. Depth is very good on the Seahawks Side.

Rawls, CJP, Lacy, CARSON, I say McKissic makes it because he is the return guy. Do they keep a FB? Lockett Healthy or Not? Return man or Not? Lockett is a KEY to determine the RB squad.

RW really is the KEY to how we view the OL.

Carson is a huge find.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson looked really good except on the dropped interception which was a really bad decision by Russ.

Carson looked great.

Frank Clark looked AWESOME until he left the game. We get that kind of pressure in real games and this defense will be back to dominant.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he underthrew that ball, but he was incredibly accurate all night. He was throwing guys 'kinda' open, since the coverage by KC was tight. He was putting balls into incredibly tight windows, even 40 yards downfield.

That's the Russ that is in everybody's top 5 QB's, instead of the guy who most lists I've seen this off-season barely putting him in the top 10.

If the line continues to improve (BIG IF), he could flirt with 5000.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the dropped INT was a bad decision at all -- just needed to put more air under it and/or throw it more outside and away from the defender. Richardson is a guy who can go out and get it, and of course we've seen him make those acrobatic catches along the sideline many times in the few instances he's been healthy.

After all the handwringing about Fant's injury and how the OL would be without him, I thought they held up just fine. Odhiambo gave up 1 sack and not until the 3rd qtr. RW had time, and his stat line shows that. At this point, I have no more concerns about this unit without Fant than I did with him.

Surprised to come in here this morning and see complaints/concern over Walsh. Are we watching the same thing? This guy has nailed nearly everything, with 1 miss from 50+ when it hit the crossbar. I bet we don't miss 6 XPs this year either.

Rawls and Prosise better mend their booboos soon or Chris Carson is going to make them expendable or at least cut into their playing time. Good problem to have. Sure seems like we need to find a way for McKissic to make this team as well.

I say overall the team looked "good" last night, but the best thing about it is that it appears they came out with no new injuries. If Fant is more or less the lone long term casualty of the pre-season, then I would call that a success as there are several teams that came out worse.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you're ahead, you are usually able to run the ball late in games, which is the preferred situation. "Run first" is a misnomer in my opinion. What you want is balance and to be able to have the choice in the 4th qtr as to what you want to do. Being able to run late in games is a product of being ahead late in games.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about Walsh. Not yet anyway. I would like more consistency on his KO's though. The KC ST TD was a result of a poor KO, IMO.
McKissic should make the team. Can run, can catch, can return.
Agree about the earlier mention of Rawls/Procise. If you can't be available, you gotta go.
32 rushes for 134 yards at a 4.2 clip is sweet music to my ears. Continue that and we win gobs.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson has been our gem this preseason along with Williams and has out played Lacy. Guess when i said Lacy better watch himself and commit or Carson will take his spot after the draft wasn't so crazy now was it. Tobin was our Best LT in the last game ... yikes but i had a feeling that would be the case. Tobin may be bad but the rest are shit so it makes him look much better. He was sealing off good and wasn't pushed around to much. Rees was like a rotating door or a bull fighter AVOIDING the bull, was sad.

The Lack of hitting in practices now will retard a lot of growth and in my eyes cause more injuries as peoples bodies never get accustomed to the hitting that it needs to. It also REALLY hurts the Olines development as blocking air doesn't make you better or teach you new things. When blocking Air everyone is a Future HoFer.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson has been our gem this preseason along with Williams and has out played Lacy. Guess when i said Lacy better watch himself and commit or Carson will take his spot after the draft wasn't so crazy now was it. Tobin was our Best LT in the last game ... yikes but i had a feeling that would be the case. Tobin may be bad but the rest are shit so it makes him look much better. He was sealing off good and wasn't pushed around to much. Rees was like a rotating door or a bull fighter AVOIDING the bull, was sad.

The Lack of hitting in practices now will retard a lot of growth and in my eyes cause more injuries as peoples bodies never get accustomed to the hitting that it needs to. It also REALLY hurts the Olines development as blocking air doesn't make you better or teach you new things. When blocking Air everyone is a Future HoFer.
Wait. You're saying Odhiambo played poorly last night?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson has been our gem this preseason along with Williams and has out played Lacy. Guess when i said Lacy better watch himself and commit or Carson will take his spot after the draft wasn't so crazy now was it.
Two thoughts on that:

1) it's a bit premature to proclaim that Carson has taken Lacy's spot.

2) no such thing as a good bingo player.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt get to watch the whole game but the OL looked ok, LT didnt get abused and the run game looked strong.

Of course, its preseason and doesnt mean much

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, its preseason and doesnt mean much
But if they had gone out there and looked like crap, then we know what would be going on in here right now even though it "doesn't mean much."

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lacy has a $2.8M cap hit so I think his spot is safe. Collins nor Davis will make the cut IMO.
Tobin was up against the 2's, not the 1's. Maybe he takes the LT job but odds are against it.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts on that:

They seemed to give each player similar opportunities such as 3rd and 1 or 2. In those plays against the 1's of KC it was Carson that impressed. I've said it all along that he looks like a poor mans David Johnson. In those short to go I like my chance with Carson over Lacy at this point, dude just motors over defenders. I really like this guy.

On a side note, it was a bummer to see Ware get injured; anybody in preseason for that matter. If not for that horrible roughing the passer call that injury doesn't happen. I feel for the guy.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that stood out to me was Russell's willingness to scramble when there was nothing there. I know he wants to be known for his passing, but it's been maddening the last couple of years where it feels like he abandoned the run compared to his first couple of years; his injuries last year were part of the reason. Also noticed how much skinnier his legs were while running. The last couple of years he was starting to look like Maurice Jones Drew, but it's very noticeable that he's put the time in physically. He stays healthy and I see a massive year for Russ.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seemed to give each player similar opportunities such as 3rd and 1 or 2. In those plays against the 1's of KC it was Carson that impressed. I've said it all along that he looks like a poor mans David Johnson. In those short to go I like my chance with Carson over Lacy at this point, dude just motors over defenders. I really like this guy.

I don't necessarily disagree, but it's still a bit early for the "I told you he would take Lacy's spot" chest pounding. I also just don't get impressed by people who say all sorts of edgy stuff, most of which ends up being off target, and then come back with the self promotion when something sticks. It's like talking trash after a bingo win.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily disagree, but it's still a bit early for the "I told you he would take Lacy's spot" chest pounding. I also just don't get impressed by people who say all sorts of edgy stuff, most of which ends up being off target, and then come back with the self promotion when something sticks. It's like talking trash after a bingo win.
Lol!

I agree in that Lacy has a body of work that everyone need not forget. That being said, it was nice to see Carson do well against a first team defense last night. If it wasn't already in place before last night, I think he's established a role on this team. It's sad to say because I'm a huge Rawls fan, but once he gets put on IR this year it'll be nice to know we aren't signing a Spiller or someone like that to fill the void.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

I agree in that Lacy has a body of work that everyone need not forget. That being said, it was nice to see Carson do well against a first team defense last night. If it wasn't already in place before last night, I think he's established a role on this team. It's sad to say because I'm a huge Rawls fan, but once he gets put on IR this year it'll be nice to know we aren't signing a Spiller or someone like that to fill the void.
I'm excited to see more from Carson. I could definitely see him being the starting RB some time this season, either because other guys get hurt or he just plays himself into it. I think Lacy has to play his way out of the starting spot, but I can see it happening. Carson has showed a lot.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts on that:

Didn't say he would take Lacy's spot i said Lacy would have to be committed or he could lose it to Carson. He has done ok so far and seems committed( Lacy ) but there is no doubt that Carson has outplayed Lacy or any other RB on the team. He will be a solid RB for us and adds strong depth.