• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Preds v Hawks, nobody seems to care v2.0

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have done this in Smashville for a few years now, for a few bucks, you get to smash a car adorned with the logo of the team they are currently facing the playoffs (I believe the proceeds go to charity).

Well my story is more fun than your pathetic facts so let's just go with that.

11h8rt.jpg

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was that a pratt thought? lol

I think their young players disappeared this series ... Im with Ferraro ... I think they will be better next playoffs and the oldies will finally have a long offseason to rest

I think their window is closing quickly.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question I have is how could a team with so many players in the Top 100 in NHL history get swept in the playoffs?

The top 100 list is seriously flawed :noidea:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Pens blogger on Hockey Buzz... We get it but it seems really over the top dickish

The Chicago Blackhawks were swept in round one. It is the second year in a row where they have failed to win a playoff series. However, not everything is a negative about the situation. Jonathan Toews led the team until the bitter end. In one of his most poignant leadership moves of the season he waited until near the end of the third period to score his first playoff goal in two years. I find Toews' leadership strategy impressive. The selfless Blackhawks Captain led by sitting back and giving all of his other teammates the opportunity for glory. By scoring late it was a message to his team that he can still get it done when he wants, but he would rather share the glory. His patience should be applauded and should be taken as a sign of not wanting to showboat or show up his teammates. However, at some point you have to score to teach others a lesson and now the rest of the team will have all summer to ponder how they too can turn on the Jonathan Toews switch. These are things that can't be captured by statistics and are why his 10.5M contract is one of the best values in the league.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Pens blogger on Hockey Buzz... We get it but it seems really over the top dickish

The Chicago Blackhawks were swept in round one. It is the second year in a row where they have failed to win a playoff series. However, not everything is a negative about the situation. Jonathan Toews led the team until the bitter end. In one of his most poignant leadership moves of the season he waited until near the end of the third period to score his first playoff goal in two years. I find Toews' leadership strategy impressive. The selfless Blackhawks Captain led by sitting back and giving all of his other teammates the opportunity for glory. By scoring late it was a message to his team that he can still get it done when he wants, but he would rather share the glory. His patience should be applauded and should be taken as a sign of not wanting to showboat or show up his teammates. However, at some point you have to score to teach others a lesson and now the rest of the team will have all summer to ponder how they too can turn on the Jonathan Toews switch. These are things that can't be captured by statistics and are why his 10.5M contract is one of the best values in the league.

Quite dickish.

If i saw him walking the concourse, I would punch him. :thumb:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite dickish.

If i saw him walking the concourse, I would punch him. :thumb:

Where did you punch him?
In the concourse.
This man needs to get to a hospital.
What is it?
It's a large building with patients, but that's not important right now.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure thing, fanboy. Looks like "YOU" got punted last night, eh?

Good to see the Blackhawks and their bandwagon fans out of the tournament.

Buh Bye Bruins.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buh Bye Bruins.

No kidding, I called Senators in 5. I was wrong.

At least Boston didn't go in as a top seed and get swept by the lowly Preds :L

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding, I called Senators in 5. I was wrong.

At least Boston didn't go in as a top seed and get swept by the lowly Preds :L

True dat... Honestly don't know whether to think that the Preds are much better than their seeding, or if the Blackhawks just were never that good.

Frankly this entire season the Blackhawks seemed to accumulate wins and points in a most uninspired fashion it seemed to me. There was never any palpable feeling that this team was going very far IMO... I know that seems like hindsight, but as a fan who went and watched us get curb stomped by the Capitals 6-0 earlier this year, it just seemed like something was missing.

That said, I imagined we'd beat the Preds and lose in the second round perhaps? Never figured us to get swept for sure. Oh well..

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True dat... Honestly don't know whether to think that the Preds are much better than their seeding, or if the Blackhawks just were never that good.

Frankly this entire season the Blackhawks seemed to accumulate wins and points in a most uninspired fashion it seemed to me. There was never any palpable feeling that this team was going very far IMO... I know that seems like hindsight, but as a fan who went and watched us get curb stomped by the Capitals 6-0 earlier this year, it just seemed like something was missing.

That said, I imagined we'd beat the Preds and lose in the second round perhaps? Never figured us to get swept for sure. Oh well..
I think due to the amount of times they play during the regular season, the Preds were able to put together a plan to slow y'all down and take away the strengths of your talented, finesse offense. Just seemed like the hawks got stalled mid ice all series long.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think due to the amount of times they play during the regular season, the Preds were able to put together a plan to slow y'all down and take away the strengths of your talented, finesse offense. Just seemed like the hawks got stalled mid ice all series long.

True, but its one of those things that makes me wonder how we had no answer for it (Yes, I'm another who sometimes refers to the teams I root for as We/Us... :) ). My understanding is that this tactic is one oftentimes used to level the playing field against a team like the Blackhawks. So why did we seem like we'd never dealt with this before and if its that effective, why teams havent been doing this to us for years?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but its one of those things that makes me wonder how we had no answer for it (Yes, I'm another who sometimes refers to the teams I root for as We/Us... :) ). My understanding is that this tactic is one oftentimes used to level the playing field against a team like the Blackhawks. So why did we seem like we'd never dealt with this before and if its that effective, why teams havent been doing this to us for years?

The Hawks were the slower team. Guys like Kane, Keith, Toews and still even Hossa can win foot races. A lot of their depth guys, not so much. The Hawks need to take a page out of the Pens book and surround them with depth players who have speed.

Nashville looked awfully fast in this series. The Hawks need to head in that direction.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks were the slower team. Guys like Kane, Keith, Toews and still even Hossa can win foot races. A lot of their depth guys, not so much. The Hawks need to take a page out of the Pens book and surround them with depth players who have speed.

Nashville looked awfully fast in this series. The Hawks need to head in that direction.

It's almost as if Kenny is saying that the Hawks couldn't find that gear that the Preds found.