• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prediction Week! Kickoff in 6 days!!

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How we going to do this season guys?

Kirk the dip shit predicted us in the playoff. I'm optimistic. It's going to be a tough haul this season.

The first 6 games are realistically a scary situation we could have 2 or 3 even 4 losses!

Akron - Win
@ Tennessee
Tulsa - Win
West Virginia
Texas @ Dallas
@ Kansas State

I'm calling four of those games toss ups. If any, WVU is the most likely win but that's still not guaranteed. Those guys always play us tough.

The last 6 is no cake walk itself.

Texas Tech
@Kansas - Win
Iowa State - Win

@ Baylor
TCU
@ OSU

Again we could lose 3 of those.

This could be a 6-6 season if we are not careful but this team will be tested hard the first six and winning those tests is what its going to take to win the last 6 and I think if we play it smart and right this team is going 12-0 baby fuck it yeah !!!!! Prediction, Playoffs...........

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also was the only person who told people not to sleep on Oklahoma in the sugar bowl.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also was the only person who told people not to sleep on Oklahoma in the sugar bowl.

No doubt. Kirk has always favored the Sooners because he knows Stoops and I think likes him but he is still a dip shit. :suds:

But a dip shit that I agree with :lol:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hinges all on the Offense. If it's productive, can score points, and control the ball without turnovers, then we have a great chance. Replacing 4 O-linemen doesn't really bother me that much because every good team we faced last year they sucked, and did great against bad teams. This new offense will take some of the pressure off of the 0-line also. It comes down to Mayfield and the Receiving crew. If they click, we're good.

I think the defense will be improved with the players we have back and with the help of the offense, should look pretty dang good.

We have all the players we need. No injuries so far.

I don't really want to make a prediction at this point because of the unknown factor of the offense. But I'd be pleasantly surprised if we went 9-3 this season.

the 2000 and 1985 NC's really were unexpected and came out of nowhere. I hope the same this year. Not really expecting it, but I didn't the last 2 times either.

It's time to Jam up and Jelly tight.
Cross my fingers.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I wonder if Lincoln Riley is the type to hide the playbook in the beginning or if he's like Mike Leach and throws 300 plays out there to make future opposing teams go crazy trying to plan for it.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just talking about this yesterday with a friend. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he saves a lot for the Tennessee game.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the closer the season has gotton my level of optimisim has risen.....we're playing for the ship'!

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bur realistically I don't know. I actually like our schedule, if we can get past Tennesse. I think a key will be getting the players used to the system. The more time they spend together as a unit both on offense and defense learning technique and team, the more of a chance of sucess they have in the last 3 games.

If OU was playing Baylor, TCU, and OSU in week 3,4,5 or 6 I don't think we'd be ready. But I think with some early sucess, our players will have confidence in the new systems and more importantly themselves.

Offensively, I really think we are going to see some special things. The infamous JH's 3 and out's, while only taking 45 seconds offf the clock won't be an issue. It sounds that the Riely is actually developing the QB's and showing them that they don't have to rely on one reciever...and the recievers are actually being coached to run routes and catch.

Defensivly...we still got Mike Stoops still. But from what I have read/heard about the defense, we will see something special with our LB's. They odds are it will be our most talented unit on the field. Defensive line will be solid. But the most intriging thing will be the secondary. There was an article in the paper about Kerry Cooks and what he has brought. This is what we have been waiting for..OU football: Improvement in the defensive backfield will be key to Oklahoma's 2015 season

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Riley is a traditional Mumme pupil, he's going to have around 15 - 30 plays for each package he rolls out.

Remember what Baylor has done to us the last few years? Yeah, like that.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope that Tennessee is believing all the hype they have been given in the off season. If we get past them and can build confidence as the season goes on this could be a special year. But if we head to Knoxville and lose this team could spiral out of control and we could be looking for a coach by seasons end.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope that Tennessee is believing all the hype they have been given in the off season. If we get past them and can build confidence as the season goes on this could be a special year. But if we head to Knoxville and lose this team could spiral out of control and we could be looking for a coach by seasons end.

Yeah, if we lose to every good team we play this year like last year.
Bob's gone.

I'll have to wait and see if the Coaches come out of their "3 Stooges" act before I'm convinced.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am tired of all of our highlight clip being of Kansas or WVU. Let's expand that reel this season.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say this... PLEASE don't lose at UT. I think this is the year the myth of SEC infallibility can be nixed. I see three SEC losses this weak, though honestly mostly lower tier SEC teams.

Western Kentucky over Vanderbilt
Louisville over Auburn
Louisiana-Lafayette

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my tickets. :hammer:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville over Auburn would be big. I thought North Carolina had USC's number last night.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, in the weekly presser, Stoops said they will withhold plays. Which, if you are playing Akron and you have to open up the WHOLE playbook, then the season is in big trouble anyway.

I'll have to wait and see if the Coaches come out of their "3 Stooges" act before I'm convinced.

I agree. This has been, for me, one of the most frustrating things about this staff. The clown car act with wasted time outs, confusion on the field and, of course, the double kick against the Pokes last year...it shouldn't be like that!