• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict your teams most significant breakout players for the upcoming season

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and 2 members of your incoming recruiting class that play a major role as well.

I’m sure everyone would say Murray but I’m going:

Offense: Grant Calcaterra TE (Mark Andrews 2.0 without the diabetes)

Defense: Kenneth Mann, DL

Incoming Class:
Offense: Really not sure anyone will play a key role, but I’d guess Crawford on special teams returns possibly.

Defense: Brendan Ridley Hiles, DB

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got two of mine in Calc and Bookie. Kid is gonna be a game changer. Calc might be better overall player than Andrews. Not as big, but still a freak with better hands and route running.

An obscure one I’m gonna go with is Creed Humphrey at center. He’s a beast and I predict he’ll win that starting spot.

On defense I think either Barnes or Broiles at safety. Could also easily see Perkins blowing some shit up at DE.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got two of mine in Calc and Bookie. Kid is gonna be a game changer. Calc might be better overall player than Andrews. Not as big, but still a freak with better hands and route running.

An obscure one I’m gonna go with is Creed Humphrey at center. He’s a beast and I predict he’ll win that starting spot.

On defense I think either Barnes or Broiles at safety. Could also easily see Perkins blowing some shit up at DE.
Love the Creed pick. Would be the first time we’ve had a straight mauler at that position in a decade or so. Kid was one of the strongest kids on the team as a true freshman.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It GD better be a friggin' QB AND a RB

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense: Tamorrion Terry
Defense: Joshua Kaindoh

incoming class:

Offense: Jordan Young
Defense: Jaiden Woodbey

Terry is a special talent. 4.4 speed at that size and physical. Not sure about his route running but will be a big time threat. Young is similar. Really excited about those 2. Kaindoh is complete DE at 6'6 260 who will benefit from the attacking scheme on defense that we are now running. Woodbey will start for us and be the only freshman starter. He isn't the fastest DB/LB but crazy good in anticipation and has great ball skills.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the freshman class the guys I expect to make impacts are..

RB: Lorenzo Lingard
WR: Mark Pope
DL: Nesta Silvera
DB: Gurvan Hall
TE: Brevin Jordan

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

incoming class:

Terry is a special talent. 4.4 speed at that size and physical. Not sure about his route running but will be a big time threat. Young is similar. Really excited about those 2. Kaindoh is complete DE at 6'6 260 who will benefit from the attacking scheme on defense that we are now running. Woodbey will start for us and be the only freshman starter. He isn't the fastest DB/LB but crazy good in anticipation and has great ball skills.

Woodbey is gonna be a stud.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Notre Dame:

Breakout players:
OT Liam Eichenberg
OG Tommy Kraemer

Those are the guys who have to replace Nelson and McGlinchey on the O-line. They were highly rated out of high school in the 2016 class.

As for the incoming class, it's really hard to predict. Notre Dame returns 9 starters on defense, and our highest rated recruit CB Houston Griffith doesn't project to be on the 2 deep. I'd love to see Jurkovec get a look if Wimbush struggles because I think he's going to be really good, but I doubt he'll step on the field this season as a RS year would be wise given his slight frame.

I'll say Braden Lenzy as an ATH to make a splash, more likely on special teams, and Shayne Simon at LB, I can see him seeing the field this season.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wellll.... I'm hoping for one of the QBs to REALLY 'breakout' for USC. Otherwise, could be a long year. We have LOTS of other talent on the team, though. :nod:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say given that we believe Hunter Bryant is injured again and might miss the season. :tsk: :gaah:

Their redshirt frosh TE Cade Otton is likely to break out as a name from nowhere kind of player. He had as many catches at Bryant in spring ball and turned some coaches heads.

Their breakout stars are likely to happen in the receiving game as that's their biggest area where unknowns can make a big dent. Outside of Otton a kid like Jordan Chin at WR might make some waves.

As for incoming freshman, again it's a WR likely to see the field and make a name this season. Marquis Spiker. 6'3" and only a buck 80, but turns heads with his abilities on the field.

Didn't mention even one single defensive player, but there are a few ready to make a dent in the 2 deeps and make waves. It's just the offense is where the new headline names will likely come from.

Oh, and I hope that their walk on kicker Peyton Henry turns around the kicking woes from last year. Did great in spring, but yeah that's not saying much.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say given that we believe Hunter Bryant is injured again and might miss the season. :tsk: :gaah:

Their redshirt frosh TE Cade Otton is likely to break out as a name from nowhere kind of player. He had as many catches at Bryant in spring ball and turned some coaches heads.

Their breakout stars are likely to happen in the receiving game as that's their biggest area where unknowns can make a big dent. Outside of Otton a kid like Jordan Chin at WR might make some waves.

As for incoming freshman, again it's a WR likely to see the field and make a name this season. Marquis Spiker. 6'3" and only a buck 80, but turns heads with his abilities on the field.

Didn't mention even one single defensive player, but there are a few ready to make a dent in the 2 deeps and make waves. It's just the offense is where the new headline names will likely come from.

Oh, and I hope that their walk on kicker Peyton Henry turns around the kicking woes from last year. Did great in spring, but yeah that's not saying much.
Sounds a lot like our injuries with Anderson his first 2 years. Couldn’t keep him on the field till year 3 finally.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man great question

I’ll go
Offense- Tyler Huntley QB
Defense- Chase Hansen LB

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds a lot like our injuries with Anderson his first 2 years. Couldn’t keep him on the field till year 3 finally.
He posted a pic on instagram about a month ago with his leg all wrapped up saying he can't play basketball again for like 9 months. It was up long enough to create a stir, but then taken down. No one has seen him since and no official school notice, but it was reported he had surgery earlier this month and it's speculated it's his ACL as he had a partial tear last year that wasn't supposed to need surgery.

There are those speculating he might have hurt it playing basketball. If that's true he's a fucking moron. Either way, he was projected to be one of the most important weapons of the offense this season.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

incoming class:

I'm good with everything you've listed but we will need a
RT to excel, before anybody else. Ball was kicked out of school
and I haven't heard anything about him returning. Meadows
or Neal have to emerge or we'll be vulnerable on the right
side.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense - I think DB Josh Norwood could be a major factor in our secondary. I worry that the bigger WR's in conference could give him some problems but as far as making plays in space (which is what the Big12 is all about) I like his chances.

Offense - ... Tough call,

RSF RB Alec Sinkfield is getting high praises as a gamebreaker type. Seen one magazine have him listed as the starting RB...I'll be shocked if that's the case with the guys we have coming back but if he takes that spot then.. very well could be him.

Bama transfer (WR) TJ Simmons is supposed to see a lot of PT/ start. If he starts I have to believe he jumps to the top of the list as a breakout player for us.

True frosh Leddie Brown has people excited as a guy that could help at a few different spots (RB/slot WR), gamebreaker type as well.

There is talk of Dana using the TE a lot more and we have a few different guys that look the part of being a nice weapon ( Miami transfer Jovani Haskins , JUCO transfer Trevon Wesco, and TF TJ Banks) but I've heard that song n dance before so I'll believe it when I see it.

Gun to my head, I'd say Simmons.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense- D'Andre Swift. I think he's more talented than Chubb or Michel.
Defense- Richard Lecounte III. 5 star safety in last year's class. He'll start this year.

Incoming class:

Offense- Jamaree Salyer. 5 star o-lineman, and a hoss. He probably won't start to begin the season, but he will by season's end.

Defense- Adam Anderson. 5 star OLB, and he's gonna get significant playing time. Big, strong and fast.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska

Offense

RB Greg Bell 2018 signee
WR Tyjon Lindsey because he is fast and shifty

Defense

LB Will Honas 2018 signee
DL The Davis Twins very athletic and the idiot DCs Diaco and Banker handcuffed them. Chinander talks like he is letting the defense play to terrorize the offenses instead of playing patty cake. I like terrorizing offenses better
DB Dicaprio Bootle because he is fast

Doesn't matter much. Nebraska will be everyone's Homecoming Game opponent.