• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the order of finish for the PAC-12

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been to Pullman but Lubbock ain't really a destination place either.
But this stuff is good.
llano-wine-rack.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today that the PAC 12 South hasn't won the conference since they went to a CCG!
During a down cycle for USC though. For sure that trend isn't going to last a whole lot longer. Only a matter of time before they have a break out year.

The rest of the south? Not so much. More like a pillow fight from the rest of them.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During a down cycle for USC though. For sure that trend isn't going to last a whole lot longer. Only a matter of time before they have a break out year.

The rest of the south? Not so much. More like a pillow fight from the rest of them.

Well , not to say they were great teams but the PAC had five teams in the final rankings and the PAC south had the highest ranked and had three to the norths two.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he has also had the most embarssing losses in program history as well as being one of the luckiest coaches in history. In the past two years he has beaten essentially 2 division 1 Pac 12 QB's in Rosen and Webb. Solomon was coming back from an injury and has faced every other school's backups. Oregon State was on their 4th string QB and nearly beat him.

Uhhh, I dont think he was the Coach when you guys lost 69-0...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well , not to say they were great teams but the PAC had five teams in the final rankings and the PAC south had the highest ranked and had three to the norths two.
Never suggested the north was stocked with world killers.

No south team has seriously challenged for the conf title since going to the 12 team 2 division format. It was a two horse race for the entire time until last year when UW peaked up above the clouds. Those are facts.

USC looks the part of team ready to break that and bring the south their first title. If not next year, then sooner rather than later. I see nothing out of the other 5 down there that says they are trending in that direction. Just my opinion.

The north isn't in much better shape in terms of teams besides UW and possibly Stanford. Feels a lot like 3 teams with a real chance on paper.

Frankly I'm tired of thinking ASU or UCLA look like they might be ready to change their fortunes only to watch them blow up at some point again.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No south team has seriously challenged for the conf title since going to the 12 team 2 division format. It was a two horse race for the entire time until last year when UW peaked up above the clouds. Those are facts.

USC looks the part of team ready to break that and bring the south their first title. If not next year, then sooner rather than later. I see nothing out of the other 5 down there that says they are trending in that direction. Just my opinion.

The north isn't in much better shape in terms of teams besides UW and possibly Stanford. Feels a lot like 3 teams with a real chance on paper.

Frankly I'm tired of thinking ASU or UCLA look like they might be ready to change their fortunes only to watch them blow up at some point again.

LMAO!!! I am guessing you are a Youngin...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!!! I am guessing you are a Youngin...
If by young you mean old enough to have been at Husky stadium for the 'All I saw was purple" game with tod marinovich at QB, then yes. Or was there to watch Moon as their QB then sure. :noidea:

I think I've been predicting ASU to rise up at least a half dozen times this last decade and only once have they come close to what it looked like they should be able to reach. This year I'm going 4-8. There is zero chance they are going to under reach my expectations this time.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And UCLA has under performed under their last two HC's pretty much every year. Yeah yeah, injuries and whatnot or whatever the excuse of the year is, but it still happens every time.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by young you mean old enough to have been at Husky stadium for the 'All I saw was purple" game with tod marinovich at QB, then yes. Or was there to watch Moon as their QB then sure. :noidea:

I think I've been predicting ASU to rise up at least a half dozen times this last decade and only once have they come close to what it looked like they should be able to reach. This year I'm going 4-8. There is zero chance they are going to under reach my expectations this time.
No, I mean Young as in ASU and UCLA always do that......

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC North

1. Washington
2. Washington St.
3. Stanford
4. Oregon St.
5. Oregon
6. Cal

PAC South

1. USC
2. Utah
3. Arizona St.
4. UCLA
5. Arizona
6. Colorado

PAC championship game: Washington 24 - USC 17
I was going to say that in order the PAC 12 would finish right behind the MWC and ahead of the WAC, but methinks your marksmanship skills are better than mine. And because I am too old to fight and too high mileage to run I will just say that you are probably close in your picks. :pound::pound::pound:

On a side note, my daughter in-law's parents are Huskies and have invited me out for a game this fall. I hope I can make it!!!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say that in order the PAC 12 would finish right behind the MWC and ahead of the WAC, but methinks your marksmanship skills are better than mine. And because I am too old to fight and too high mileage to run I will just say that you are probably close in your picks. :pound::pound::pound:

On a side note, my daughter in-law's parents are Huskies and have invited me out for a game this fall. I hope I can make it!!!
You need to make that game. Husky Stadium rocks.

4a9b6a5aa5299bdac3b12a4bac2b2bdf.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't argue with all that except last year Utah and Colorado were decent so along with USC so they did hold their own with the north.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with all that except last year Utah and Colorado were decent so along with USC so they did hold their own with the north.
I was never on Utah's bandwagon the entire season. Their defense is legit, but you aren't going to win a championship with that offense. Troy is not going to take you there. And Colorado was a feel good story, but they were exposed late in the season. They were another dangerous, but beatable team.

Most years there are one or two fairly dominating teams that look the part of a conference champion caliber team in the Pac. Doesn't mean one of the dangerous but beatable can't sneak in and win it, but that hasn't happened in this current format. Every winner has been one of those more dominating teams.

Last year USC emerged as a dominating team, but after a bit of a rough start. Couple of those early losses was all it took to keep them out of it. As the season wore on they were clearly a more dangerous team than everyone else in the south.

Next year some other team could emerge and make a run. They aren't always 100% predictable in the off season. But I'm not buying it from any other team until I see it.

Stanford has the talent to dominate on both lines. If they can bring it all together they are a serious threat. Not sure they will. Their only meat early is @USC which could really set the tone for their entire season. Even a close loss where they look like they can hang with you could give them enough confidence to build a run. Their only other semi tough road games might be @Utah and possibly @WSU. Their schedule sets up for a run quite nicely.

UW has another fluffy soft schedule. Their 4th game is @Colorado which may or may not be a challenge. Buffs might take a step back this year with all of the attrition they have. Outside of that @ASU and a late game @Stanford are their only real road challenges. Season injuries will likely play a factor in that late season match up so really way too early to tell what that game should be like.

USC has some potential places to trip up, but their road challenges are WSU, ND, ASU, and possibly (doubtful) Colorado. Not as easy as UW and Stanfords road, but manageable if they are as dominating as some predict.

Utah still needs a QB to emerge and has road games at BYU, Zona, USC, Oregon, and UW. That's rough.

UCLA's is flat out brutal though. Road games are: Stanford, Zona, UW, Utah, and USC. Are you kidding me? lol I doubt they can win 3 of those even if they are good.

I always tend to boil teams down to their road schedule and expected quality of QB play and overall defense. That's all I really look at in the off season. Doing that here just takes quite a few teams out of any serious run consideration. Some have an easy road game schedule that sets up nicely while others are facing a daunting task.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 7th place was from last year based on 2015/16 data. It was not current. I wanted to rank him for what he was paid comparatively last season for the results of last season. He makes under $3/m a year. I think it was like 2.7 or 2.8 last year? Might seem like a lot to you, but that's what it takes to not be the doormat of the division.

The guy loves it there. He walks to work everyday ffs. He sells life on the Palouse about as well as anyone else could. He runs something unique enough to attract a few star offensive players that might otherwise not be that interested in going there as well.

No one can argue he has made WSU football a lot more interesting as well as dangerous since coming there compared to the prior decade.

No one will ever question Leach has made Washington State a more interesting topic nationwide but wanting a colorful figure who shits his pants every time the pressure is on him isn't exactly promising. He has 4 big wins in his WAY history. He beat $C when his defense won the game, beat Oregon without their starting QB, beat Stanford without them having a Washington State HS level QB and best your Mutts in the AC when Tuel gave him the finger and played school yard football. None of his wins has anything more to do with the conference being down. Much like his success at Tech where he was only relevant because he was colorful when they had 2 seasons where they were relevant because the conference only realistically two good schools.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been to Pullman but Lubbock ain't really a destination place either.

I've never been to Lubbock but if a HS recruit doesn't visit Pullman and fall in love with the town he is too afraid to leave the nest.