• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the East

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Washington
  2. Cleveland
  3. Boston (Still need another big besides Horford)
  4. Charlotte (Gotta be bold somewhere)
  5. Toronto
  6. Milwaukee
  7. Miami
  8. Detroit
Just missed out: Philly

And a couple notes:
  • Cleveland still advances to the NBA Finals after Charlotte upsets Washington in the second round.
  • The Pacers aren't in my honorable mention yet and even though I think we could win 40 games, we're going to need a few breaks in order to do so. A lot hinges on how the new core can mesh with one another as well as the continued development of Myles Turner, and whether or not he could bang with the Drummonds, Whitesides, and Howards of the conference. He's certainly more versatile than all three...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the East is still really:
1)Cleveland
2-8)Anyone, it doesn't matter.

But I'll go ahead:
1)Cleveland
2)Washington
3)Boston
4)Milwaukee
5)Detroit
6)Toronto
7)Miami
8)Philly

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Boston
2) Cleveland
3) Washington
4) Toronto
5) Miami
6) Milwaukee
7) Philly
8) Charlotte

Pretty much this. I think anyone thinking its anyone but Boston and Cle as top two is not watching the NBA. I have Boston the better team by year end then Cavs, and I have Boston in the finals...............why?...................................because the Nets pick will be worth a fortune and certain teams will get itchy feat and trade a star for it

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cleveland
2. Washington
3. Boston
4. Toronto
5. Milwaukee
6. Philly
7. Charlotte
8. Detroit

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Not the Knicks
2) Not the Knicks
3) Not the Knicks
4) Not the Knicks
5) Not the Knicks
6) Not the Knicks
7) Not the Knicks
8) Not the Knicks
9) Not the Knicks
10) Not the Knicks
11) Not the Knicks
12) Not the Knicks
13) Not the Knicks

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Boston: they got better and the regular season means more to them
2. Cleveland
3. Washington
4. Milwaukee
5. TOronto
6. Miami
7. Charlotte
8. Philly

Cleveland's goes back to the Finals, but it won't be so easy this year. They will lose at least 5 games in the east playoffs.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Washington
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Milwaukee
5. Toronto
6. Miami
7. Philadelphia
8. Charlotte

Man the East just sucks. Atlanta, Indy and Chicago all got way worse this off season, so expecting them to make it, seems like a reach. I only picked Cleveland third because they won't give a shit about the regular season. They were almost 3rd last year.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much this. I think anyone thinking its anyone but Boston and Cle as top two is not watching the NBA. I have Boston the better team by year end then Cavs, and I have Boston in the finals...............why?...................................because the Nets pick will be worth a fortune and certain teams will get itchy feat and trade a star for it

The reason I disagree with this is because I see no way Washington starts 3-9 again like they did last year. They ended up winning 49 and I think 52 probably gets you the #1 seed in this conference in 2018. And I still have reservations about Boston's ability to rebound the basketball and Cleveland's ability to protect the rim.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I disagree with this is because I see no way Washington starts 3-9 again like they did last year. They ended up winning 49 and I think 52 probably gets you the #1 seed in this conference in 2018. And I still have reservations about Boston's ability to rebound the basketball and Cleveland's ability to protect the rim.

I do think it is possible that Washington finishes with a better record than the other two (Cavs more likely than Celtics), but even the biggest Wizard homer in the world will admit those other teams are better.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised so many folks have Washington ahead of Boston...

... I could see both ahead of Cleveland during the regular season, but in large part due to the fact that Cleveland coasts and plans to flip the switch during the playoffs...

... however,.. regarding Washington and Boston... Boston was better last season, and got significantly better this off-season. Washington still has the same issue: a terrible bench.

Mine's a homer opinion, though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

... I could see both ahead of Cleveland during the regular season, but in large part due to the fact that Cleveland coasts and plans to flip the switch during the playoffs...

... however,.. regarding Washington and Boston... Boston was better last season, and got significantly better this off-season. Washington still has the same issue: a terrible bench.

I agree completely, and I am a Wizard fan.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, and I dislike Boston.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Boston
2) Cleveland
3) Washington
4) Toronto
5) Miami
6) Milwaukee
7) Philly
8) Charlotte
This is pretty much the way I'd have it. Milwaukee could be a wild card to fluctuate up or down a spot or two.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Boston
2) Cleveland
3) Milwaukee
4) Washington
5) Toronto
6) Miami
7) Philly
8) Detroit

Couple thoughts:

-Milwaukee might be high for some of you, but with a healthy Jabari and Middleton, this team is going to be formidable. Brogdon was a revelation last year and if Thon Maker makes some strides, it's not outside the realm of possibility for them to be this high. Word is they're interested in Ian Clark who would help them immensely with some shooting.

-Washington will be good again, but they haven't really upgraded their roster. Not sure if another year changes anything, but there's too much talent there to deny them a top 4 seed.

-Miami was tricky for me. We saw last year what they did with that roster, and brought back many of the same pieces. I think coaching to me gets them into the playoffs. Spo's legit and proved it last year to anyone who doubted him previously.

-Philly - Philly could either be as high as a 5 seed or could be completely out of the playoffs. Will depend on health. Love Reddick's fit with this team and Fultz adds some additional outside scoring. Saric was a revelation last year. They're going to need to see if Simmons is the real deal and will need both him and Embiid to play 70 games this year.

-I could have gone any number of ways for the 8th seed, but I love Avery Bradley and think he'll do wonders for helping the culture over there. I think he puts them in the 8th seed.