• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre-Preseason Playoff Predictions

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a couple of players I need to see in the preseason that could really swing these power rankings. I thought about using a Johnny Cash song to describe every NFL team's 2018 season but thats too much work.

Making the Playoffs
Vikings
Patriots

Probably making the playoffs
Rams
Eagles
Saints
Chargers
Falcons
Steelers

No Business Making the playoffs...but Aaron Rodgers
Packers

Could go either way
Texans
Jaguars
Bucs
Chiefs
Cardinals

Stuck in the middle
Seahawks
Panthers
Giants
Lions
Cowboys
Niners
Titans
Raiders
Bengals

Probably Not there Yet
Ravens
Broncos
Bears
Bills
Browns
Jets

Nope
Redskins
Dolphins
Colts w/o Luck

As much as it pains me to type this, I think the Rams are going to be the team to beat in the SB. But that is just on paper. Son of a bitch are they loaded this year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any team in the AFC East challenging the Patriots as long as Tom Brady is the QB and Belichick is the coach.
Probably not...unless Brady really tries to play to 50 and/or Darnold ends up being the real deal in a couple years.

To me, the NFC South is the best division.

It certainly could be, but 3 teams with 11+ wins is awfully rare. Also, with your predicted records in the NFC, it looks like you are expecting them to be 20 games better than the AFC, which is also going to be very difficult. That is some serious interconference domination right there.

I can't see the Seahawks being contenders this year. Too many losses and not enough additions.

I agree that's going to be the prevailing opinion on Seattle. I still see plenty of talent on the roster (some of it is younger/unknowns who haven't had lots of opportunity yet), still a top quality QB who is pretty much just entering his prime, and I think they have gone to great lengths this off-season to address the running game that's been ineffective the past 2 seasons. Last season, RW was the only player with a red zone rushing TD; the entire roster of RBs combined for 1 rushing TD on the year. If that happens again in '18, I'll eat my hat. Their biggest hurdle to a playoff type year is going to be putting it together early enough in the season to avoid a slow start that they cannot overcome in time to win 9 or 10 games.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East Pats
AFC North Pitt
AFC South Tenn
AFC West Chargers
WC: KC, Jax

NFC East Dallas
NFC North GB
NFC South NO
NFC West Rams
WC: Minn, Atl

Biggest improvement in wins NYG +5 wins
Largest drop in wins Car, Phi, Pitt, Min <3> wins

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the NFC West, the Rams are the only team I would put in the Playoffs right now. There are too many issues with the other NFC West teams right now to put them in the playoffs.

Please give me a breakdown of what issues each team has in the NFC West. I'm dying to know.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East Pats
AFC North Pitt
AFC South Tenn
AFC West Chargers
WC: KC, Jax

NFC East Dallas
NFC North GB
NFC South NO
NFC West Rams
WC: Minn, Atl

Biggest improvement in wins NYG +5 wins
Largest drop in wins Car, Phi, Pitt, Min <3> wins

You done changed. Philly should be a better team this year and they fall apart but Dallas gets much better. Uh huh... the team ESPN says there weakness is ST’s and having a ton of talent return and won the SB can’t make the playoffs but the team with the nfc easts worst qb wins. Funny

Last edited:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please give me a breakdown of what issues each team has in the NFC West. I'm dying to know.

For the 49ers, We still have a number of holes on our roster and we are particularly thin at some spots on defense. There isn't a lot of room for error.

The Seahawks are going through a roster turnover with new players and a change in coaches on both sides of the ball

The Cardinals have a new head coach and the QB position is unsettled.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You done changed. Philly should be a better team this year and they fall apart but Dallas gets much better. Uh huh
So now you are actually trying to tell me what MY predictions should be? How self-righteous are you exactly dude?

I have both teams at 10-6. That's not much better for Dallas at all. As a matter of fact they win at least 10 games last year if not for suspensions and Smith and Lee injuries and I assume health for all teams until something specific comes up because predicting injuries is a ridiculous guess. So 10 wins for Dallas after 13 and then 9 with all of the issues from last year is pretty stable actually. Philly I think is a good team again for sure, but like many teams that have a good record out of nowhere comes back to Earth. Question for you: How many times in the last 6 seasons do you think the NFC East winner has repeated?

If you disagree post your own or ignore. I don't care which, but stop getting so upset if you don't feel others aren't giving Philly their just due. It's like a broken record now. I'll send you a dog mask so you can walk around Phoenix complaining how the Eagles are being disrespected or just post this over and over: :cheer2:

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 49ers, We still have a number of holes on our roster and we are particularly thin at some spots on defense. There isn't a lot of room for error.

The Seahawks are going through a roster turnover with new players and a change in coaches on both sides of the ball

The Cardinals have a new head coach and the QB position is unsettled.

Wait and see just how competitive the NFC West will be this season.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants

NFC East champs

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has always been wrong LOL. Just like weather forecasters.
Vegas isnt trying to correctly pick the winner of games/seasons though. They're predicting betting behavior. For example, if the Patriots are playing the Browns and NE is favored by 14.5, Vegas doesnt necessarily think the Pats will win by 14.5 (impossible anyway). Instead, they think a spread of NE -14.5 is what is likely to force even betting action.

Saying they're "always" wrong is weird....they wouldnt be making so much money for being wrong.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still talking about Vegas?

Yes, I followed their preseason win totals. For my team in the past I thought they were projecting a bit low but they pretty accurate every time. That doesn't mean they miss because things happen during the course of the season that can change the direction of a team. if Goff and Gurley went down to season ending injuries at the start of the season then their preseason predictions would probably not come to pass.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I followed their preseason win totals. For my team in the past I thought they were projecting a bit low but they pretty accurate every time. That doesn't mean they miss because things happen during the course of the season that can change the direction of a team. if Goff and Gurley went down to season ending injuries at the start of the season then their preseason predictions would probably not come to pass.

Vegas is definitely more accurate on their projections than somebody with a meteorology degree telling us what the weather will be like for the next week.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you are actually trying to tell me what MY predictions should be? How self-righteous are you exactly dude?

I have both teams at 10-6. That's not much better for Dallas at all. As a matter of fact they win at least 10 games last year if not for suspensions and Smith and Lee injuries and I assume health for all teams until something specific comes up because predicting injuries is a ridiculous guess. So 10 wins for Dallas after 13 and then 9 with all of the issues from last year is pretty stable actually. Philly I think is a good team again for sure, but like many teams that have a good record out of nowhere comes back to Earth. Question for you: How many times in the last 6 seasons do you think the NFC East winner has repeated?

If you disagree post your own or ignore. I don't care which, but stop getting so upset if you don't feel others aren't giving Philly their just due. It's like a broken record now. I'll send you a dog mask so you can walk around Phoenix complaining how the Eagles are being disrespected or just post this over and over: :cheer2:

Well the good news is yesterday you posted they are the best team in the NFC so you have your bases covered either way. It just seems like to me Philly is much better then Dallas.
I just don’t see Dallas better then the Sb champs with a ton of talent returning but you can have your opinion

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good news is yesterday you posted they are the best team in the NFC so you have your bases covered either way. It just seems like to me Philly is much better then Dallas.
I think on paper Philly is the best team in the NFC. That isn't the topic. Record is. There is an obvious correlation, but it's not always that simple (first place schedule, division schedule, etc) when a one or two game swing in a 16 game season can happen. I think the Rams take a step backwards too, but think their division is going to be worse than most seem to think so the record may be better than the team's talent. I happen to think Sydney Jones is going to be a big player for Philly too. But, the best team doesn't always win and I don't ever predict any team to win more than 12 games so 10 in a better NFC East isn't far off. Did you check what I asked you about the last 6 years in the NFC East?

Philly wasn't as good as their record last year, just like Dallas the year before and just like the Steelers and Vikings last year. In my opinion of course. YMMV