• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre-Preseason Playoff Predictions

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can get behind everything here aside from Chargers. 3rd seed? Really? Please explain lol
The talent is there to go 12-4. They’re strong most everywhere on paper outside OL and Rivers gets it out so fast it won’t matter that much, imo. Their coaching is suspicious but even Norv Turner won games with stacked teams. Lowkey might be the most talented team in AFC; probably will be mismanaged which is good news for my Chiefs. I will bet on the Chargers having a comparable/better record to the AFCS winner.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Talent is there, they are loaded

Problem with SD, the talent is always there

Im a believer that 12-4 could happen

But if 6-10 happened, I cant be surprised, its what they do

You're 100% right. The talent is always there. LA should ALWAYS be a playoff contending team, especially with Rivers at QB, Gordon at RB, the defensive talent they have and with Denver and Kansas City being questionable at the QB position. But they never perform they way they should and I don't think this season is any better. I see them sucking to get the Rivers' replacement in the 2019 draft.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chargers get their run d going, I don’t know how any non-loaded Offense scores on them. That team is just stacked if Rivers doesn’t go full Manning on us. Their coaching doesn’t inspire confidence but the AFCW is out there for them with the Chiefs in transition and the Broncos/Raiders looking weak.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent is there to go 12-4. They’re strong most everywhere on paper outside OL and Rivers gets it out so fast it won’t matter that much, imo. Their coaching is suspicious but even Norv Turner won games with stacked teams. Lowkey might be the most talented team in AFC; probably will be mismanaged which is good news for my Chiefs. I will bet on the Chargers having a comparable/better record to the AFCS winner.

That's been the problem with the last few seasons for the Chargers. They have the talent, but can't quite put a good season together. Like I said, this is very very early pre-preseason projections and I am very high on Mahomes at QB. But was Hunt a one year wonder? Will the sophomore slump hit Hunt? Will Mahomes be a flop? IDK but as of right now, I don't think so. With the Chargers, my questions are will the entire team get it together? They have a rather tough schedule on paper. Not only their 6 division games, but they also have the Ravens at home and the Rams and Steelers on the road. If they split their division games and lose against the Ravens, Steelers and Rams, that's 6 losses right there. Jimmy G has rejuvenated the 49ers so that might be a tough game, Seahawks could always be tough as well. For me, Bills, Browns, Cardinals and Bengals are lock wins for the Chargers. All these other games are toss ups or lock losses for me.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been the problem with the last few seasons for the Chargers. They have the talent, but can't quite put a good season together
I would say their talent from 2011-2016 was very overrated and were rebuilding in many respects. 2017 they really have no excuses for not making the playoffs.

But was Hunt a one year wonder?
I don't think he'll get as many carries with Ware back and a more pass-friendly focus, but I don't think Hunt will be a 1 year wonder with the combination of strength, vision, agility, jump-cut, and receiving ability. And even if Hunt is, Ware will also be around. The Chiefs running game will be good one way or another. At worst it's merely good instead of elite, imo. A healthy Morse at C and a healthy Fisher improves the run-blocking significantly so we'll see. I'd have to imagine teams will put a lot more effort into containing Hill, Kelce, and Watkins instead of Hunt/Ware.

Will the sophomore slump hit Hunt?
Doubtful unless he is more injury prone than we know.

Will Mahomes be a flop?
I'll believe an Andy Reid QB flops when I see it. Especially a QB that has done as well as Mahomes has up to this point and his physical talents. The Chiefs D is by far the most concerning side of the field for me. I don't even think Mahomes has to be good for the O to be top 10.

With the Chargers, my questions are will the entire team get it together?

Almost certainly not, but they don't have to in order to get a 3 seed in the AFC unless the Chiefs D is a lot better than I expect it to be (~25th). I do acknowledge they can fuck this up like they did last year in pretty epic fashion; they did that just last year. Their coaching is not to be trusted in an even fight.

They have a rather tough schedule on paper. Not only their 6 division games, but they also have the Ravens at home and the Rams and Steelers on the road. If they split their division games and lose against the Ravens, Steelers and Rams, that's 6 losses right there.

Hmm, that's actually not a bad point when you consider Lamar Jackson is probably starting by week 16 for one reason or another. I still think the Chargers would be favored, but that could be a very tricky game whereas with Flacco I'd be surprised if they lost at home to the Ravens. Rosen has a strong probability of starting for the Cards by the time the Chargers play them as well which could be an interesting game. Mayfield is another wildcard here as far as the schedule goes.

Chiefs get the Browns, Cardinals, and Ravens in weeks 9, 10, and 14 respectively

Chargers get the Browns, Cardinals, and Ravens in weeks 6, 12, and 16 respectively

Biggest difference probably being in the likelihoods they see Mayfield and Jackson is my guess.

Jimmy G has rejuvenated the 49ers so that might be a tough game
I don't buy this at all. The 49ers were in close games as well earlier in the season, they just lost them instead of winning them with Jimmy G. Let's say we buy in on Jimmy G, you'd still have to overlook the roster on both sides of the ball , especially defense, to really prop up the 49ers. They are at least a year away still even if Jimmy G is good, imo. Maybe I underestimate them and they improve, but that roster needs work if they are going to be serious about the playoffs. I think the Chargers could crush the 49ers potentially; though I respect Jimmy G/Shanahan enough to not outright predict it.

Seahawks could always be tough as well
@ Seattle is a bitch and Wilson is great so I can see this, but like SF they got some major issues and this could easily be a blowout too.

Bills, Browns, Cardinals and Bengals are lock wins for the Chargers. All these other games are toss ups or lock losses for me.

I'd give them both Raider games and at least one game with Denver off the bat in addition to these. If Mayfield starts I would be careful about the Browns, would also mean Hue is probably gone. That could be the mother of all spoiler teams this year.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a couple of players I need to see in the preseason that could really swing these power rankings. I thought about using a Johnny Cash song to describe every NFL team's 2018 season but thats too much work.

Making the Playoffs
Vikings
Patriots

Probably making the playoffs
Rams
Eagles
Saints
Chargers
Falcons
Steelers

No Business Making the playoffs...but Aaron Rodgers
Packers

Could go either way
Texans
Jaguars
Bucs
Chiefs
Cardinals

Stuck in the middle
Seahawks
Panthers
Giants
Lions
Cowboys
Niners
Titans
Raiders
Bengals

Probably Not there Yet
Ravens
Broncos
Bears
Bills
Browns
Jets

Nope
Redskins
Dolphins
Colts w/o Luck

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know that predictions made today or anytime soon will change as soon as preseason is over due to injuries and what not. But...here are my very early, pre-preseason injury playoff predictions!

AFC EAST
(1) Patriots - 14-2
Bills - 5-11
Dolphins - 4-12
Jets - 3-13

AFC NORTH
(3) Steelers - 11-5
(5) Ravens - 10-6
Bengaqls - 5-11
Browns - 4-12

AFC SOUTH
(2) Jaguars - 12-4
Colts - 7-9
Titans - 7-9
Texans - 5-11

AFC WEST
(4) Raiders - 10-6
(6) Chiefs - 8-8
Broncos - 8-8
Chargers - 5-11

NFC EAST
(1) Eagles - 13-3
Cowboys - 9-7
Redskins - 6-10
Giants - 6-10

NFC NORTH
(3) Packers - 13-3
Vikings - 10-6
Lions - 9-7
Bears - 4-12

NFC SOUTH
(2) Saints - 13-3
(5) Falcons - 12-4
(6) Panthers - 11-5
Buccaneers - 2-14

NFC WEST
(4) Rams - 12-4
Seahawks - 9-7
49ers - 6-10
Cardinals - 3-13

(5) Ravens vs. (4) Raiders
(6) Chiefs vs. (3) Steelers
(5) Falcons
vs. (4) Rams
(6) Panthers vs. (3) Packers

(3) Steelers
vs. (2) Jaguars
(4) Raiders vs. (1) Patriots
(3) Packers vs. (2) Saints
(5) Falcons
vs. (1) Eagles

(3) Steelers vs. (1) Patriots
(5) Falcons vs. (2) Saints

Super Bowl 53: New England Patriots
vs. New Orleans Saints

giphy.gif

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bet that the Patriots make the playoffs

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers 12 and 4 man..

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East:

#2 New England 12-4
#6 Buffalo 10-6
Miami 6-10
Jets 3-12-1 (just for kicks. A tie)

AFC North:

#3 Pittsburgh 11-5
Cleveland 9-6-1
Baltimore 6-10
Cincinittii 5-11

AFC South:

#1 Jacksonville 13-3
#5 Tennessee 11-5
Houston 8-8
Indy 7-9

AFC West:

#4 Oakland 10-6
KC 9-7
Chargers 8-8
Denver 8-8

NFC East:

#2 Philly 13-3
Dallas 9-7
Giants 7-9
Washington 7-9

NFC North:

#3 Minnisota 12-4
#5 Green Bay 12-4
Detriot 10-6
Chicago 4-12

NFC South:

#4 Tampa 10-6
Atlanta 9-7
New Orelans 9-7
Carolina 7-9

NFC West:

#1 Rams 15-1
#6 Seahawks 10-6
49ers 10-6
Arizona 5-11

Wildcard

Seattle 20 Minnisota 14
Tennessee 31 Oakland 20
Pittsburgh 24 Buffalo 6
Greenbay 41 Tampa 10

Divisional

New England 31 Pittsburgh 24
Rams 27 Seattle 3
Green Bay 30 Philly 24 (Rodgers to Cobb in OT)
Jacksonville 13 Tennessee 7

Conference

New England 30 Jacksonville 21
Green Bay 24 Rams 21 (Game Winning OT FG)

Superbowl

New England 27 Green Bay 16

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles
Vikings
Panthers
Niners
Giants
Rams

Patriots
Steelers
Jaguars
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles
Vikings
Panthers
Niners
Giants
Rams

Patriots
Steelers
Jaguars
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs

Niners over a stacked STACKED rams team.

Explain????

My reasoning is i dont believe the Jimmy G hype. All eyes are on him now. Can he handle the pressure????

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last while no NFc South has gone back to back. There goes Nrw orelans. Atlanta could tsma

IMO Tampa is easily the worst team in that division, I just can't see that defense winning the division... But who knows...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can one of you guys at least predict the SB Champs to get one playoff win?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats
Jags
Steelers
Chargers
Chiefs
Texans