• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Practice Bubble in Cincinnati

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it shouldn't be our job as fans, but I wonder if Mike Brown would be willing to build that initial bubble if the fans put together a GoFundMe Page for building a Practice Bubble in Cincinnati to get our players out of the heat and elements come winter. I have no idea what a professional practice bubble would cost, but could they really say no if the Funds are there to build the initial facility? Might want to build a nice sky walk over the street to the bubble to keep guys out of the elements also. Not sure the cost of that, but if the training camp is going to be held in Cincinnati for now on instead of a college campus, I think it would be a good investment. Keep players happier, healthier, easier to attract FA's with Burrow and quality practice facilities.

I know it is probably a cost thing keeping Mike Brown from doing it. So if he didn't have to pay for it out of his own pudgy fingers, I wonder if he would still allow it as it removes the team from practicing in the elements and getting used to it. However, how does that play into a game if it is 20 degrees and snowing in Cincinnati for a week of practice before they take off for a game in Los Angeles or Las Vegas?

Thoughts. No idea what that would cost. $50 million for the sky walk and bubble over on the practice field? I would also look at finding a sponsor for the bubble which may pay for most of the cost as it is right off of I75. Name the Bubble after the sponsor, put their name and logo on the outside facing I75 "So and So Practice Bubble - Home of the Cincinnati Bengals". I would also look at find a sponsor for the sky walk as it will be right over a busy street in downtown Cincinnati by the stadiums. "So and So Sky Walk - Go Bengals".

Thoughts?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought the issue with the bubble on the practice spot is that the Brown family wants additional land for the bubble... Or zoning prevents something being built where they currently practice. I don't know, maybe someone can chime in..... Anyway, this pissing match has just led to a number of years of nothing happening. Same old shit for the Brown family and the city of Cincinnati. I mean it's silly that there are high schools in the state that have indoor facilities and that every major college program in the country has something indoors.

As for gofundme..... I'm not going to make it a habit to help a billionaire find some money for the business that makes him millions every year.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought the issue with the bubble on the practice spot is that the Brown family wants additional land for the bubble... Or zoning prevents something being built where they currently practice. I don't know, maybe someone can chime in..... Anyway, this pissing match has just led to a number of years of nothing happening. Same old shit for the Brown family and the city of Cincinnati. I mean it's silly that there are high schools in the state that have indoor facilities and that every major college program in the country has something indoors.

As for gofundme..... I'm not going to make it a habit to help a billionaire find some money for the business that makes him millions every year.
I completely understand that. I am not in the market for helping Brown, I am more for helping our players. 1. To encourage folks to sign with us, or resign. 2. To keep them healthier and happier.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'll be dropping on the field when it makes 110 in the shade

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the other day that some team blew up their practice bubble. Goes right over a turf field, I guess warm air blows in like a hot air balloon and it is pinned to the turf. So it is not a permanent structure and yet will keep weather off players and keep them warm along with keeping the field cleaned up to prevent against injury.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the other day that some team blew up their practice bubble. Goes right over a turf field, I guess warm air blows in like a hot air balloon and it is pinned to the turf. So it is not a permanent structure and yet will keep weather off players and keep them warm along with keeping the field cleaned up to prevent against injury.
Sissies.

Practice in the weather you play....get the edge. Be tough.

(/sarcasm)

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sissies.

Practice in the weather you play....get the edge. Be tough.

(/sarcasm)
It was a college team. They just blew the damn thing up right in the middle of their stadium and used their own field with tunnel that led to the locker room hallway. May be hard to practice punting or kicking maybe, as it appeared to only just barely exceed the first bowl in height. Should be easy enough to throw in though and run.

Use your current stadium, field, locker rooms, not a permanent structure, can be dismantled and put away in a half day.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some football players practicing at wall2wall in Mason before. I didn't stop to ask them if they were with a college or pro players or whatever. but I imagine that the Bengals have practiced there before.