• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power Struggle in Boston

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle wasn't the better team, they blew a 10pt lead and we have no idea if Lynch scores from the 1yd line since he pretty much sucked on very short yardage that year. I like the call being a pass play, just the wrong play was called.
All that's fine . Regardless you don't need to be the better team to win a game. NE may have been the better team or you could even say they were the better team for sure. Doesn't matter . Seattle would have almost assuredly won the game if they ran the ball, same with Atlanta. My original comment was based on NE getting rings . You don't get rings for being the better team ( or NE would have rings for 07 and 11). You get rings for winning the game . NE won those 2 games because of shit play calling at the end. That's not an indictment of how good they were. It's just reality

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50% of the credit for the so called dynasty should be given to the other teams in the division. After playing that division they dont get worn down like most other teams before the play offs.
Eagles according to Rex are a "pile of burnt rubble" since the 00's.

They have 3 division titles and 3 playoff appearances in the 10's.

Miami, buffalo, and the jets in the 10's? 0 division titles and 3 playoff appearances.....combined.

Creampuff division. They definitely deserve credit.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once upon a time.......

ESPN: This is happening in Foxboro.
Brady/BB/Kraft: There is no truth to this at all and we are concentrating on next weeks game.

Patriot haters: YES!!! The Dynasty is falling...I'm so happy...
Patriot Fans: No it's not....ESPN SUCKS!!!!

End of story....Go to fucking bed....

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be frank still, if the Patriots win it all again then what? They still will have won six Super Bowl together and this will just have that "oh well, whatever" feel to it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted this article on the Pats board. Something tells me there is some maybe a lot of truth to this story. If so fuck Kraft, lets remember he threw TB12 under the bus for deflate-gate, this may be a makeup call. Kraft needs to sit the f down and stop the Jerry Jones BS. If Belichick felt they needed to retain Jimmy G and if that meant trading a 40 year old TB then that is what should have happened.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted this article on the Pats board. Something tells me there is some maybe a lot of truth to this story. If so fuck Kraft, lets remember he threw TB12 under the bus for deflate-gate, this may be a makeup call. Kraft needs to sit the f down and stop the Jerry Jones BS. If Belichick felt they needed to retain Jimmy G and if that meant trading a 40 year old TB then that is what should have happened.

Not buying it Yankee. I read the article (twice) and, to me, it's a far fetched "story" that is based around one incident that is shrouded in some mystery. The reason(s) why Guerrero is banned from the facility and sideline are unknown. It is these unknowns that give writers an opening to come up with theories, stories and conjecture. This writer is telling a whopper of a story. From this banning of Guerrero this writer is talking about the highest echelons of the patriots organization being at odds about Brady and the future. There is simply no facts or evidence to support that portion of the story.

In fact, there is REAL evidence to the contrary. Months before Guerrero was banned the 49ers GM called BB and asked about trading for Brady. ACCORDING TO LYNCH PERSONALLY BB shut him down emphatically. If the writer of this story is correct BB would have never done that. He would have not shut down Lynch so emphatically. He would have entertained it bc, according to the writer of the story, BB was having reservations about TB being the QB of the future. Here is lynch's own words describing what happened.

The facts are that BB and the pats wanted to keep Jimmy G. They admitted that. They were prepared to make him a ridiculously high offer to be the backup to Brady. Why? They wanted to keep him. But Jimmy didn't want the money. He didn't want to agree to wait. He wanted the one thing the patriots couldn't give him: playing time. So, they waited as long as they could and traded him just before the deadline. Why wait so long? I think they held out hope that he would change his mind/acquiesce to their wishes to wait patiently for Brady. He didn't. He forced their hand.

They made the deal with 49ers (as opposed to the Browns or anyone else) bc they needed a back up. They needed hoyer. If they traded Jimmy to the Browns (or anyone else) they don't get hoyer. They don't have a backup they are comfortable with. Also, they didn't "just get a second round pick for Jimmy g". They got more. How? If you recall, Hoyer was NOT part of the deal. The 49ers released hoyer and the pats signed him as a free agent. Why did they do this? Bc by not making hoyer part of the trade the patriots (under the complicated formula for compensatory picks) are aided/get more when those are determined. In fact, the patriots almost fucked themselves bc when hoyer bc a free agent GB went after him! This meant hoyer was able to negotiate a little more money from the pats than had been anticipated. Also, by not putting hoyer in the deal the 49ers are also paying him because he was released. If he had been traded the 49ers would not have been on the hook for the remainder of the guaranteed money on his contract. Now, they are.

Look, this all shows that the deal with the 49ers was the only real viable option when you look at the TOTAL picture. NONE of this is mentioned in the article. In fact it's completely ignored! It talks about BB "doing a solid for Kyle shannahan bc of his dad" and bc "BB is trying to make friends on the way out the door". That's laughable if you really think about it. It also ignores the fact that the pats got a second round pick, a veteran back up QB they are comfortable with and help with the compensatory picks formula for Jimmy G NOT just a second round pick.

Like I said initially, it's a bait piece and it's not shocking the types of people who are biting hard.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it Yankee. I read the article (twice) and, to me, it's a far fetched "story" that is based around one incident that is shrouded in some mystery. The reason(s) why Guerrero is banned from the facility and sideline are unknown. It is these unknowns that give writers an opening to come up with theories, stories and conjecture. This writer is telling a whopper of a story. From this banning of Guerrero this writer is talking about the highest echelons of the patriots organization being at odds about Brady and the future. There is simply no facts or evidence to support that portion of the story.

In fact, there is REAL evidence to the contrary. Months before Guerrero was banned the 49ers GM called BB and asked about trading for Brady. ACCORDING TO LYNCH PERSONALLY BB shut him down emphatically. If the writer of this story is correct BB would have never done that. He would have not shut down Lynch so emphatically. He would have entertained it bc, according to the writer of the story, BB was having reservations about TB being the QB of the future. Here is lynch's own words describing what happened.

The facts are that BB and the pats wanted to keep Jimmy G. They admitted that. They were prepared to make him a ridiculously high offer to be the backup to Brady. Why? They wanted to keep him. But Jimmy didn't want the money. He didn't want to agree to wait. He wanted the one thing the patriots couldn't give him: playing time. So, they waited as long as they could and traded him just before the deadline. Why wait so long? I think they held out hope that he would change his mind/acquiesce to their wishes to wait patiently for Brady. He didn't. He forced their hand.

They made the deal with 49ers (as opposed to the Browns or anyone else) bc they needed a back up. They needed hoyer. If they traded Jimmy to the Browns (or anyone else) they don't get hoyer. They don't have a backup they are comfortable with. Also, they didn't "just get a second round pick for Jimmy g". They got more. How? If you recall, Hoyer was NOT part of the deal. The 49ers released hoyer and the pats signed him as a free agent. Why did they do this? Bc by not making hoyer part of the trade the patriots (under the complicated formula for compensatory picks) are aided/get more when those are determined. In fact, the patriots almost fucked themselves bc when hoyer bc a free agent GB went after him! This meant hoyer was able to negotiate a little more money from the pats than had been anticipated. Also, by not putting hoyer in the deal the 49ers are also paying him because he was released. If he had been traded the 49ers would not have been on the hook for the remainder of the guaranteed money on his contract. Now, they are.

Look, this all shows that the deal with the 49ers was the only real viable option when you look at the TOTAL picture. NONE of this is mentioned in the article. In fact it's completely ignored! It talks about BB "doing a solid for Kyle shannahan bc of his dad" and bc "BB is trying to make friends on the way out the door". That's laughable if you really think about it. It also ignores the fact that the pats got a second round pick, a veteran back up QB they are comfortable with and help with the compensatory picks formula for Jimmy G NOT just a second round pick.

Like I said initially, it's a bait piece and it's not shocking the types of people who are biting hard.

Well there is one mans opinion I guess and it's that an opinion. I think next year this team will regret that move. I feel the Pats are so committed to TB that rational thought is thrown out the window. TB will be 41 next year and he has taken a fair amount of shots this year and the Pats are yet again in a playoff run which will guarantee more hits. Point is IMO, the time has come and gone to make a Brady move, they could easily gotten a great deal for TB retained Jimmy G whom BB seems to feel was worth keeping had a lot to work with in this draft and be set up for the future. I don't think this is that hard to believe. The term loyal to a fault comes to mind.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.....I've never heard of Seth Wickersham before, so I can't say how legit he is as an insider/reporter etc.....but I've believed for a while that there is something more going on here with Jimmy Garoppolo than most know.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
married to a glorified supermodel
every guy and girl in boston wants to fuck him

still an insecure bitch

He could learn a lot from you on being secure.

oh, it's true

the dynasty is over.

Short time ago you were refusing to call it one so at least we got that cleared up.

Just reporting the news, sir.

It's kinda what I do here, while you guys are blowing each over Brady and Belichick

We all wish we could get the two of them out of our heads like you have.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I missed a good one

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy. I wish a smart poster had said this since the last super bowl.
The ride ends this year. Bradys gone.

Giants shoulda never hired This girtleman fella and just backed up the brinks for BB

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that's fine . Regardless you don't need to be the better team to win a game. NE may have been the better team or you could even say they were the better team for sure. Doesn't matter . Seattle would have almost assuredly won the game if they ran the ball, same with Atlanta. My original comment was based on NE getting rings . You don't get rings for being the better team ( or NE would have rings for 07 and 11). You get rings for winning the game . NE won those 2 games because of shit play calling at the end. That's not an indictment of how good they were. It's just reality
And the Seahawks aren't in that position unless they get a miracle catch or the Pats have 2 TD drives in the 4th quarter. Reality is, the game is 60 minutes, not 45 seconds.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants shoulda never hired This girtleman fella and just backed up the brinks for BB
Mehh BB aint going anywhere. Look these things happen all the time in sports owner coach player drama. For all we know Jimmy G could end up being Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassel it's going to be hard for this team to let go of Brady but it has to happen. I think BB wanted to find a way to keep both, and they could have paid Jimmy 25 mil to make that happen, but that would have meant next season would have to be TB12s final season.