• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power Rankings of the Mountain West Week 11

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing in this league ever seems to settle into place

1. San Diego State- It feels like they clinched the West division before Mountain West play even started, San Diego State also clinched bowl eligibility a while ago, which by the way other than San Diego State only UNLV still has any shot of making a bowl and UNLV is 4-6.

2. Boise State - Actually kind of played an entire game for once against Hawai'i but it was only Hawai'i, by the way despite the distance I believe there were more Boise State fans in the stands than Hawai'i fans.

3. New Mexico - They struggled but got past Utah State, this team lost to Rutgers and New Mexico State early in the year somehow, if they played like this all year they would be 9-1 right now which is nothing short of incredible.

4. Wyoming - In a result that makes no sense, Wyoming's defense which had been solid this year suddenly allowed an offensive outburst from UNLV, that combined with a ton of mistakes by a Wyoming offense that previously wasn't making mistakes caused a Wyoming loss, now they have to play San Diego State.

5. Air Force - Air Force took down Colorado State in a wild shootout, which bodes the question of what happened to Air Force's defense this year. It is awful

6. Colorado State - They were on the other side of this shootout, which is amazing because early in the year Colorado State's offense was very bad and it was hard to imagine them in a shootout.

7. UNLV - maybe it was the bye week that helped but that win over Wyoming makes no sense, especially when you consider UNLV lost to San Jose State and Idaho this year. They get a nice boost in these rankings but with how bad these teams down here are...it's not hard to move up.

8. Utah State - The Matt Wells era is falling apart, he had done a fantastic job previously but this year it has collapsed for him. He won't be let go this year and definitely will get time to rebound but wow at 3-7 this season is a disappointment. So let's look at how the game ended for Utah State against New Mexico, they had a chance to kick a chip shot field goal to take a 3 point lead over New Mexico late in the game and put the pressure on, instead Utah State decides to go for it on 4th and goal and doesn't convert. Next after New Mexico drives down the field and kicks a field goal to take a 3 point lead Utah State drove down the field and into field goal range. They were well into field goal range when they threw into the endzone and their receiver pushed the corner down before going for the ball, of course he got flagged for it. Somehow after the penalty Utah State used their last timeout, their QB then scrambled to the middle of the field on 1st and 25, then lined up to spike, somehow Utah State thought it was 4th down and they couldn't spike the ball so half the field goal unit is coming on the field, half the offense is staying on the field, finally after the chaos Utah State rushed a kick and missed it to lose. This was a long synopsis but so funny it's worth reading.

9. Hawai'i - They were briefly good during the middle of the year, Hawai'i has now faded back to being bad.

10. San Jose State- Late bye week for San Jose State

11. Nevada - They got blown out by San Diego State as expected.

12. Fresno State - Fresno State had a lazy coaching search so I'm going to be lazy here and just say that they suck.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing in this league ever seems to settle into place

1. San Diego State- It feels like they clinched the West division before Mountain West play even started, San Diego State also clinched bowl eligibility a while ago, which by the way other than San Diego State only UNLV still has any shot of making a bowl and UNLV is 4-6.

2. Boise State - Actually kind of played an entire game for once against Hawai'i but it was only Hawai'i, by the way despite the distance I believe there were more Boise State fans in the stands than Hawai'i fans.

3. New Mexico - They struggled but got past Utah State, this team lost to Rutgers and New Mexico State early in the year somehow, if they played like this all year they would be 9-1 right now which is nothing short of incredible.

4. Wyoming - In a result that makes no sense, Wyoming's defense which had been solid this year suddenly allowed an offensive outburst from UNLV, that combined with a ton of mistakes by a Wyoming offense that previously wasn't making mistakes caused a Wyoming loss, now they have to play San Diego State.

5. Air Force - Air Force took down Colorado State in a wild shootout, which bodes the question of what happened to Air Force's defense this year. It is awful

6. Colorado State - They were on the other side of this shootout, which is amazing because early in the year Colorado State's offense was very bad and it was hard to imagine them in a shootout.

7. UNLV - maybe it was the bye week that helped but that win over Wyoming makes no sense, especially when you consider UNLV lost to San Jose State and Idaho this year. They get a nice boost in these rankings but with how bad these teams down here are...it's not hard to move up.

8. Utah State - The Matt Wells era is falling apart, he had done a fantastic job previously but this year it has collapsed for him. He won't be let go this year and definitely will get time to rebound but wow at 3-7 this season is a disappointment. So let's look at how the game ended for Utah State against New Mexico, they had a chance to kick a chip shot field goal to take a 3 point lead over New Mexico late in the game and put the pressure on, instead Utah State decides to go for it on 4th and goal and doesn't convert. Next after New Mexico drives down the field and kicks a field goal to take a 3 point lead Utah State drove down the field and into field goal range. They were well into field goal range when they threw into the endzone and their receiver pushed the corner down before going for the ball, of course he got flagged for it. Somehow after the penalty Utah State used their last timeout, their QB then scrambled to the middle of the field on 1st and 25, then lined up to spike, somehow Utah State thought it was 4th down and they couldn't spike the ball so half the field goal unit is coming on the field, half the offense is staying on the field, finally after the chaos Utah State rushed a kick and missed it to lose. This was a long synopsis but so funny it's worth reading.

9. Hawai'i - They were briefly good during the middle of the year, Hawai'i has now faded back to being bad.

10. San Jose State- Late bye week for San Jose State

11. Nevada - They got blown out by San Diego State as expected.

12. Fresno State - Fresno State had a lazy coaching search so I'm going to be lazy here and just say that they suck.
Good luck figuring shit out this week, sir

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck figuring shit out this week, sir

Thank you sir, Ill need it

Considering putting SDSU, Wyoming, New Mexico and our names into a hat and whoever I draw is #1 and then go from there

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you can take New Mexico out of the hat
Thank you sir, Ill need it

Considering putting SDSU, Wyoming, New Mexico and our names into a hat and whoever I draw is #1 and then go from there

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, obviously.....unlv must be the number 1 team

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but by that reasoning it must be CSU for they handled thee mighty lobos quite well

But they lost to Air Force sir, perhaps they are #1?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well sir, there's only one obvious answer

it must be fresno......because, derek carr

LOL! Such a circle of parity sir, hiding away from the family so I'll do these now