• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

potential Fantasy football myths

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sold on Njoku and it's because I am a Hurricanes fan and watched him play a lot. He tends to take plays off, isn't that interested in blocking and his hands aren't that great as he had several bad drops. He can go up and win a jump ball and it seems that he is much better at making the great plays than the plays he should be able to make. From what I can tell, he's going to need to have a lot of garbage time yards in the 4th quarter, because his lack of blocking isn't going to see him on the field much in the first half except on obvious passing downs. He certainly has the talent to be good, but I'm just not so sure he has the work ethic to become a better blocker and route runner so he's on the field the majority of the game. He will be a red zone threat, but I think he will be the 4th option on that team after Corey Coleman, Kenny Britt, and either Crowell or Johnson at running back and I just don't see the 4th option in the passing game in Cleveland as being that fantasy relevant.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns QB situation is worse than it was last off season(how is that even possible?). Njoku may get the opportunity, but it takes time to learn the NFL game and get timing down with his QB(QB's since its the Browns and they will probably start at least 3 this year). If he is going to be fantasy relevant at all it will late season and as a FA pick up off the WW.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns QB situation is worse than it was last off season(how is that even possible?). Njoku may get the opportunity, but it takes time to learn the NFL game and get timing down with his QB(QB's since its the Browns and they will probably start at least 3 this year). If he is going to be fantasy relevant at all it will late season and as a FA pick up off the WW.

Bad QB situation doesnt scare me off... if anything it makes me like him more... TEs are training wheels for QB, they are tall and like the middle of the field... What is better for a struggling QB?? and no matter how bad you think the qb will be, he will still average at least 200 YPG...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad QB situation doesnt scare me off... if anything it makes me like him more... TEs are training wheels for QB, they are tall and like the middle of the field... What is better for a struggling QB?? and no matter how bad you think the qb will be, he will still average at least 200 YPG...
I'm mostly with Milk here, bad QB's, rookie QB's..TE's are often the safest bet.

Now, those QB's need you be good enough to put together a few scoring drives for that to really matter, but, so long as they aren't pathetic, talking to you Mr. Goff, that shouldn't be asking too much

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But TY Hilton would have to out score Luck for you to lose... that is very hard for a WR to outscore his own QB... but to outscore an opposing QB is much easier because that QB can have a bad game...

I remember when I was told to stick with Rodgers in 2015 in fantasy playoffs..........and then my chance at Kirk Cousins went up in smoke.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kessler wins the job(who I trust the most to establish rapport with a receiver), he didn't really target the TE much last year. I'll know more when I get to Cleveland's stats again which is four teams away. Also I am hearing Duke will be converted to slot receiver.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when I was told to stick with Rodgers in 2015 in fantasy playoffs..........and then my chance at Kirk Cousins went up in smoke.

Hind site is 20/20 Cousins was having a rather mediocre season up until week 14 18/11 TD/Int Rodgers was having a great season 28/5 whoever advised you to roll with Rodgers was giving sound advise. None of us have a crystal ball and anything can happen.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers was having a down season because of oline issues and his top receiver being hurt.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but that is my point about the TE... it is well documented... But I am just not sold on it... I feel like it is one of those OLD wives tales that are built in excuses for teams to be patient with their TEs.... but again, I am looking at Njoku and seeing no reason why he would be treated like this... If he is thrown in right away, does the rookie TE theory make you afraid of him??

The problem with rookie TEs is that the position is among the hardest to learn at the NFL level. In fact, it might be the most difficult next to QB. Very few college TEs are polished enough to be every down players right off the bat.

Njoku seems to be in a great position, but if he can't block he will lose a lot of playing time.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with rookie TEs is that the position is among the hardest to learn at the NFL level. In fact, it might be the most difficult next to QB. Very few college TEs are polished enough to be every down players right off the bat.

Njoku seems to be in a great position, but if he can't block he will lose a lot of playing time.

Honestly, I am convinced that to an extent this is an excuse NFL teams give to NOT start their TEs rookie season... Its like how QBs never started their rookie season until recently... If you throw them in right away they will either sink or swim... Why not try when you have no better options??

and if blocking is so important(which it is), and your TE cant block, there is nothing wrong with having a 2 TE set if that is your best option...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I am convinced that to an extent this is an excuse NFL teams give to NOT start their TEs rookie season... Its like how QBs never started their rookie season until recently... If you throw them in right away they will either sink or swim... Why not try when you have no better options??

and if blocking is so important(which it is), and your TE cant block, there is nothing wrong with having a 2 TE set if that is your best option...

That is fine, but then you are playing him more like a WR. While many smart coaches try to do that, hue Jackson has always had a run first mentality. The strength of the Browns offense is their O line and running game. If Njoku is a liability in the run game, he will be on a strict snap count. It is that simple.

I am not saying he can't overcome his weaknesses, but I wouldn't count on him doing it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't draft players with the same Bye week

I have never even remotely glanced at bye weeks. Both of my cash leagues complete deals on a daily basis. Even if you're in a league that doesn't trade much. I can't see where I'd exchange a guy I feel has more talent, for a bye week that lines up better with my needs. lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fine, but then you are playing him more like a WR. While many smart coaches try to do that, hue Jackson has always had a run first mentality. The strength of the Browns offense is their O line and running game. If Njoku is a liability in the run game, he will be on a strict snap count. It is that simple.

I am not saying he can't overcome his weaknesses, but I wouldn't count on him doing it.

I understand snap count is very important and very helpful to predict usage, BUT fantasy wise would it really be the end of the world if a player is not in the game for plays that will not use that player??

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when i was told to do something, and i choose tho follow that advice, when it went wrong i didn't bitch about it

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand snap count is very important and very helpful to predict usage, BUT fantasy wise would it really be the end of the world if a player is not in the game for plays that will not use that player??

Yes.

Cleveland has one of the worst QB situations in the league. Their best bet is play action. If Njoku is only on the field during obvious passing downs, he loses out on his best opportunity to produce.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really only needs to be one rule.

- draft who you want to take when you think you can't get him on your next pick.

period.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love reading articles this time of year. I read an article last week titled something like 10 keys to bringing home a fantasy championship or something. I swear to God that one of the "keys" was to make sure you have a clever team name or something to that effect. Really? So, as I look back on last year, I should have named my team.something dofferent? That could have been the difference in me losing that playoff game by 0.01 points! If only someone would have told me that last year!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it? Kessler looked not awful last year and I like Kizer.