• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post your name here if

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... The only "false hope" I have had is the fact that we'll finish ahead of the Astro's - that was before the season started and something I still feel now... But the hope that did change since the start of the season is the fact that we have a great shot a making the postseason... I can't ask for more hope than that right now with what us Mariner fans have gone through over the years...

If we can go at least 5-5 over the next 10, that would be a win, imo…

I agree going 2-2 vs the red sox I am taking that and running away just trying to survive these next two series and sprinting to baltimore and getting the hell out of the red sox and yankees way lol

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late to the thread but I didn't think the team had this in them. I called dipoto a used car salesman many times.

I'm happy to say that I was wrong.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit, I was surprised to see how far we had gotten up to this point...or that is to say, up until this stretch of games, which I consider to be The Big Test, as far as their schedule goes.

But the season was just made longer because the pitching staff forgot what they were supposed to do in these cases.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with how this team is performing compared to recent, and not so recent teams. Fun to get excited a bit more this season, but am looking forward to the day (if it ever happens) when the M's play like the Stros, Sox or even the damn Yankees. (whom I totally dislike for historical and selfish reasons) I want a team that performs for real like a post season and/or WS contender. Come hell or high water, I will always be an M's fan at heart-no matter how pissed off and/or negative I get. :thumb:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with how this team is performing compared to recent, and not so recent teams. Fun to get excited a bit more this season, but am looking forward to the day (if it ever happens) when the M's play like the Stros, Sox or even the damn Yankees. (whom I totally dislike for historical and selfish reasons) I want a team that performs for real like a post season and/or WS contender. Come hell or high water, I will always be an M's fan at heart-no matter how pissed off and/or negative I get. :thumb:
giphy.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit, I was surprised to see how far we had gotten up to this point...or that is to say, up until this stretch of games, which I consider to be The Big Test, as far as their schedule goes.

But the season was just made longer because the pitching staff forgot what they were supposed to do in these cases.
Worse, they interviewed Paxton in the dugout and tomorrow is his first ever start at yankee stadium. He sounded kind of starstruck. Somehow he's never broken that cherry so we get to see how he handles that tomorrow... against their phenom pitcher.

Hopefully he rises to the occasion and proves he is a bonified team ace, win or lose.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse, they interviewed Paxton in the dugout and tomorrow is his first ever start at yankee stadium. He sounded kind of starstruck. Somehow he's never broken that cherry so we get to see how he handles that tomorrow... against their phenom pitcher.

Hopefully he rises to the occasion and proves he is a bonified team ace, win or lose.
Well, he certainly didn't prove to be bonified today, not by ending the game in the first inning.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he certainly didn't prove to be bonified today, not by ending the game in the first inning.
I'd say he was for sure starstruck about his first time pitching in that stadium. Settled in after that first inning, but it was too late. Hopefully if he's back there again for that one game playoff he's over that shit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the rah rah folks? No more gloating over I told you so or questioning those unwilling to blindly ignore history and the flaws of this team? Just taking the weekend off and back at it next week?

In all seriousness though, to those that did jump both feet back in and all but started to put money away for world series tickets, does this snap back to reality hurt at all? Would it have been easier to deal with if the enthusiasm was tempered at all back when the M's were feasting on the sisters of the poor?

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the rah rah folks? No more gloating over I told you so or questioning those unwilling to blindly ignore history and the flaws of this team? Just taking the weekend off and back at it next week?

In all seriousness though, to those that did jump both feet back in and all but started to put money away for world series tickets, does this snap back to reality hurt at all? Would it have been easier to deal with if the enthusiasm was tempered at all back when the M's were feasting on the sisters of the poor?
Well said. Just when you thought they couldn't find any more new ways to humiliate themselves, we get this.

I knew there was a reason I kept the avatar up that I'd been using for years, and it best fits after the pitchers blew two big leads...in the same game...for the first time ever.

That's right, fellas! Team history right there!

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the season is going fine sure we got spanked by the Yankees, but so has every other team this year. other than the Yankees series we have done fine and held our own. I think we are the 4th best team in the AL behind the Astros Yankees and Red Sox, and being closer to the Red Sox than Yankees, just based on we have played them. Im hoping if we make the wild card it against the Sox just because we have played them a lot better this year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was rough to watch I hope the team will bounce back from this I mean if you look at our schedule for the month of July we are facing some terrible teams plus the angels who are respectable. I really hope the mariners aren't going to feel sorry for themselves and start losing everything that they earned this season and slip in the standings

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not at all... Who said we were going to the WS? WC is what the "jump both feet back in" fans is at least hoping for...

Tempered? I think you're exaggerating a bit... No one has stated that we were WS bound... I haven't seen anyone even hint around with that statement... In fact, everyone had pretty much said that we wouldn't be catching Houston anyways so WC is about what we'd hope for...

Don't be thumping your chest quite yet...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's thumping a chest? I think you need to go back and read the first page and the premise of this thread if you want to see an example of someone thumping their chest.

Seems a few were prematurely celebrating this teams status. The ONLY thing I said was we need to wait and see how they do against actual talent. That's it. And now we have our answer. Those concerns were then entirely justified right? We had solid cause to hold back an opinion about what this team really is this year.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That week in New York and Boston must have hit them harder than any of us thought. A lack of performance today...

In BALTIMORE???

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's only have a +12 run differential. Their luck with all the close games may soon easily go the other way.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's only have a +12 run differential. Their luck with all the close games may soon easily go the other way.
This is one of my biggest concerns regarding this team. It is nice to have confidence in close games but the margin for error is very small. From the other side it is good to actually be in almost every game. I will say I have been impressed with the amount of fight the offense puts up when down in games, for the most part at least.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody I know brought up the point that this is the 2016 with a good lineup. Remember that year when we had pitching and our bullpen was great but we couldnt score runs to save our lives and we were out here moving fences in and changing the ball park to score more runs? I said that it was stupid back then and we should have held the mariners hitting coaching and players more accountable.

I think our pitching staff playing well along with our lineup putting up the necessary runs this is the kind of success we would have experienced in 2016

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this is last years team with much fewer injuries. That's the difference more than anything. They have held the starting rotation together for the first half of the season. Last year they set a record for the number of starters used before the all star game.