• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post your name here if

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said any of the following:

This team sucks
We need to blow it up and rebuild
Jerry Dipoto doesnt know what he is doing
Jerry Dipoto should be fired
We traded away good prospects for Wal Mart pitchers
Its going to be another long season
Its going to be another long 5-6 years with this Management

The list can go on, the mariners are currently 1 game out of first and 13 games above .500. Has all the trades and signings our Jerry has done worked out no? but he didnt have much to work with when he took over and things are looking descent. We won the trade with Arizona, Gordon looks great, Gonzales finally looks descent and we are finally not a joke anymore. We have along season still but I am excited about the direction we are going in.

*Knocks on wood

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one name that people don’t seem to mention much and has a tendency to get overlooked is acquiring Ryan Healy. He should not only be on the list as well, but I laugh when people talk about Cano becoming our first baseman as father of time catches up to him. Healy is a firing rod that this team needs, and his production is really starting to take off. First base has been a justifiable gripe for YEARS, but now that we have one he hardly gets the praise. We’ve become big Healy fans my my household, Jerry deserves additional credit for snagging him as well.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am psyched about how the M's have been stacking up W's so far this season. I'm cautiously optimistic for the first time in years, but honestly, I'm holding back just a bit until after the AS break before I let myself get into it. Been burned way too many times the last several years, but I'm thinking.....just maybe.....I might be seeing some light at the end of a VERY long tunnel. :noidea:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am psyched about how the M's have been stacking up W's so far this season. I'm cautiously optimistic for the first time in years, but honestly, I'm holding back just a bit until after the AS break before I let myself get into it. Been burned way too many times the last several years, but I'm thinking.....just maybe.....I might be seeing some light at the end of a VERY long tunnel. :noidea:
:agree:

Yeah they are beating teams they should be beating right now, and that is a very good thing.
Spent Saturday and Sunday at the park, it was good to see the next guy up mentality,
It's a long season and anything can happen........Love to see them finally start given out beatings to the Astros just like the Astros have been giving them the last few seasons.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably the team Dipoto envisioned last season until the injury really derailed them early on. There are obvious marked improvements with new additions from last season but the turn around has been incredible. Granted, I think they are also very lucky with the 1-run victories they've racking up, but they've also been very good, especially the bullpen as they've been absolutely incredible the last 10 games.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We traded away good prospects for Wal Mart pitchers
Its going to be another long season
:agree:

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see this team winning the way are right now and its great to watch. It has been a fun team to watch, something that you couldn't say about this team for years.

That said I am not entirely convinced this is real yet. Before the start of the season I had the belief that this team had a lot of question marks as far as what we would get with certain players and I still think this team has a lot of question marks.

There is reason to be optimistic for sure, they are finding ways to win games that were sure losses in seasons past. There are certain players performing very well, some unexpected. There are also reasons to be a little cautious some guys are still under performing but its been masked by the play other guys.

All that said its nice to win games. Go M's!!!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the team is doing worlds better than i thought possible

wish i could actually watch some m's games now

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is shocking, I think everyone at the beginning of the season thought they'd be this good if pitching performed better than what they have been. Biggest shock is they are doing it while the offense is asleep for most of the game.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did for sure. Just taking it all in right now..

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally did and I'm still not convinced this team is for real yet. The season is only a third over. That said I sure am enjoying the ride while it lasts.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once bitten, twice shy or in Mariners case 37 times bitten, twice shy.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably the team Dipoto envisioned last season until the injury really derailed them early on. There are obvious marked improvements with new additions from last season but the turn around has been incredible. Granted, I think they are also very lucky with the 1-run victories they've racking up, but they've also been very good, especially the bullpen as they've been absolutely incredible the last 10 games.

I completely agree I feel that last years team could have been a wild card team we were 6 games out of the wild card and literally had the guy selling popcorn pitching games because we were so injured

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I've said a few of those and am still saying them. And?

Look at the schedule for June. Reminds me of a similar stretch last year when again we were under the mistaken impression the team had actually changed course and might actually reach the playoffs.

Of course we are all enjoying wins when they have every reason to not be doing well. I'm simply not going to buy into it until they FINALLY do something with it and stop coming back down to earth in the most heinous of ways.

I honestly don't expect them to be much above .500 (If at all) by the 4th of July. Their lack of hitting is going to catch up to them this month.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.but i have always argued to the contrary sense the japanee's sold the biggest part
and they hired depoto..then i really got on board after the segura and haniger trade..cuz i could kind of feel it coming
but i was on the mlb board back then..some here were there...lol...ill still go 88..lol for fun lol

40 man how acquired..
1 trade.. james pazos .......for jack littell...... so far so good..littell is still at minnesota's AAA and he is still good prob called up sometime this year

2 trade ......segura and haniger ...trajan walker.,.ketel marte.,.zac curtis..this trade started taking the mariners in a new direction

3 trade ....ben gamel..LF.................for.....RHP jio orozco RHP juan de paula..........has been good trade so far

4 trade ....ryan healy 1B.................for..emilio pagan,..SS alexander campos...mariners have a first base guy for a change
5 trade ..marco gonzales LHP........... for..tyler o'neall
6 trade.. mike leake .........................for future considerations and rayder ascanio
7 trade.... denard span alex colome....for andrew moore and tommy romero
8 trade..... david phelps.....................for brandon miller and brayan hernandez
10 trade........ dee gordon....................for .nick neidert...robert dugger..and chris torres
11 trade.... erasmo ramirez .................for steve cisheck
12 trade... max povse and rob whalen.... for alex jackson
13 chase de jong..................................for .drew jackson and aneury's zabala
14 .trade ..dan vogelbach and paul blackburn..for .. mike montgomery and jordan pries
15 trade....nick rumbelow ....................for.jp sears and juan then
16 trade nick vincent ..........................for playa to be named
17 trade roenis elias............................for playa to be named
homegrown mariners
mike zunino..C
kyle seager 3B
heredia.......OF....although cuban refugee..he still signed with mariners before going to majors..so he is still homegrown mariner..lol..(everyone of our for fathers was as well at some time)

hernandez RHP
paxton........LHP
edwin diez ..rhp
dan altavilla ..RHp

free agents signed by mariners
robinson cano
nelson cruz
rzepczynski
nicasio

the rest where milb contract or waiver wire guys unless i missed one

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I've said a few of those and am still saying them. And?

Look at the schedule for June. Reminds me of a similar stretch last year when again we were under the mistaken impression the team had actually changed course and might actually reach the playoffs.

Of course we are all enjoying wins when they have every reason to not be doing well. I'm simply not going to buy into it until they FINALLY do something with it and stop coming back down to earth in the most heinous of ways.

I honestly don't expect them to be much above .500 (If at all) by the 4th of July. Their lack of hitting is going to catch up to them this month.

im holding my breath till gordon gets back..he is 300 hitter 60 stolen bases is as good as HRs somtimes..as span will do for now they need cano or another CF like ..tauchman from colorado.AAA..but we will see span put the fire out for now
just good DEfence could work..so lets ride it .lol

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great start to the season and seems they're having some very good luck on their side which normally never happens to this franchise. My hope is they can stay within 3 or 4 games behind the Astros heading into the ASG and if this happens I think they've got a great shot at the WC.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could use ......cruz...missile ...el caliente.....seager cat .....on a .caliente.tin roof...for sure

i would even go with beckham if he would play like he did when i first saw him with the sox

Last edited: