• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post three concerns for your team heading into 2017-18

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the drill...Same as last year.

Pacers:
  1. Myles Turner's rebounding. If he is truly the new franchise player here, he will have needed to bulk up and prove he can bang with the Whitesides, Howards, and Drummonds of the conference.
  2. Defense at the SF position. While I do think the Pacers overall will be a better defensive team in 2017-18, the lack of size on the perimeter will hurt still having to face LeBron and the Cavs four times a year. Given the PC13 fallout, letting Solomon Hill walk a little more than a year ago looks even stupider now than it did then.
  3. Lance Stephenson's uncertain role with the team. He is fully committed to the Pacers now, but the Pacers brought in more guards this offseason in Oladipo, Collison, and Joseph. I sure hope that Stephenson is here for more than just his vocal presence.
Nuggets:
  1. Point guard. Can anyone here emerge as the regular starter? Can Emmanuel Mudiay find a way to remain productive without turning the ball over? Can Jamal Murray be an effective distributor? Does Jameer Nelson have one more good season left in him?
  2. Wing depth. Wilson Chandler will carry a big burden this season. Finally the undisputed starter at SF for the first time in his career and in a contract year, he should be plenty motivated. With him, it's always just a matter of staying healthy.
  3. Too much PF depth. Denver should have jumped on a Kenneth Faried deal while they still had interest. Because of this - Restricted free agent Mason Plumlee, who can play center, is still unsigned.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Our ceiling is the 6th seed and the Clippers aren't known for exceeding, or even matching, expectations.

2. We doubled down on being the leading contributors of the NBA 1st Team All injured reserve by pairing Blake with Gallo.

3. Blake's contract will haunt the Clippers by the All-star break and for the following 4 years when he wears a suit more than a jersey.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards

1. Terrible, no good, awful bench

2. Cap strapped with no obvious pathway to getting significantly better. Will be 2nd-4th in the East for as long as Wall is on the team. Needed to sign another star while Beal and Porter were still on rookie deals.

3. Not going to nitpick and find a 3rd, because nothing else matters as much as 1 and 2.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistols
  1. Offense
  2. Defense
  3. Free throws

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have none

I love your approach. But I have some concerns:

1) I hope the Heat try not whipping that Cavs ass too much this year where we don't see Wiggy running around like a senseless buffoon for an extended period of time.

2) The Heat will likely finish with a good record, especially compared to the Pacers shit squad. I don't want butter milk tits trying to back out of our bet claiming that the Heat are on PEDs or that the NBA is rigging the games so they can try to get the Heat into the Finals.

3) Can't come up with a third.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers...

1. chemistry...

2. Consistency...

3. Will the brain trust's planning and moves pay off long term...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) I hope the Heat try not whipping that Cavs ass too much this year where we don't see Wiggy running around like a senseless buffoon for an extended period of time.

2) The Heat will likely finish with a good record, especially compared to the Pacers shit squad. I don't want butter milk tits trying to back out of our bet claiming that the Heat are on PEDs or that the NBA is rigging the games so they can try to get the Heat into the Finals.

The bet is going to be on throughout the course of the season, but that don't mean we have to talk about it every other week...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bet is going to be on throughout the course of the season, but that don't mean we have to talk about it every other week...

Stop being such a pussy. We can say whatever the fuck we want so chill out Shamu.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors:

1. Injuries

2. Complacency

3. Injuries

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. IT's injury obviously #1...sooner he is back the better

2. The Cavs regular season complacency (though I think we will see a more motivated LeBron this year with a little chip on his shoulder- why I pick him to win his 5th MVP- which would tie him with Larry Bird and Magic...COMBINED)

3. Rotation management/addition of players....What I mean here- is the Cavs have a LOT of guys that would be rotation players on a lot of teams- esp. if they add a Dwade or Melo--- or use their pick in a trade. It'll be important for Lue to find the guys he wants to play...manage minutes, manage rest, while keeping everyone happy on a roster that is so fucking deep.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have none
here ill help ya

1. No star talent

2. Weak units at the 3 and 4

3. Not enough offense to compete with the best teams in the East

man i mentally own you. lol

hey- when LeBron decides to take the night off again, and those fans pay a premier price to see the Cavs B team...thatll DEFINITELY be the Heats biggest win for the season - just like last year. Enjoy.

Ill enjoy the games in May and June :nono::pound:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks.

Melo

Dolan

Something dumb happening like trading Poz

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. No star talent

2. Weak units at the 3 and 4

1) Not too worried about this and I think most would disagree with you. I don't think anyone look at Dragic or Whiteside as role players.

2) Totally disagree about this. For one the Heat don't restrict their players to positions. They have about 4 or 5 solid options at the SF and about 3 solid options at the 4. We have Richardson, Winslow, McGruder, JJ, and Ellington who can all play that position. At the 4, we have JJ, Olynk, and Bam who can all play that position. One thing about the Heat is their pretty deep

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the drill...Same as last year.

Pacers:
  1. Myles Turner's rebounding. If he is truly the new franchise player here, he will have needed to bulk up and prove he can bang with the Whitesides, Howards, and Drummonds of the conference.
  2. Defense at the SF position. While I do think the Pacers overall will be a better defensive team in 2017-18, the lack of size on the perimeter will hurt still having to face LeBron and the Cavs four times a year. Given the PC13 fallout, letting Solomon Hill walk a little more than a year ago looks even stupider now than it did then.
  3. Lance Stephenson's uncertain role with the team. He is fully committed to the Pacers now, but the Pacers brought in more guards this offseason in Oladipo, Collison, and Joseph. I sure hope that Stephenson is here for more than just his vocal presence.
Nuggets:
  1. Point guard. Can anyone here emerge as the regular starter? Can Emmanuel Mudiay find a way to remain productive without turning the ball over? Can Jamal Murray be an effective distributor? Does Jameer Nelson have one more good season left in him?
  2. Wing depth. Wilson Chandler will carry a big burden this season. Finally the undisputed starter at SF for the first time in his career and in a contract year, he should be plenty motivated. With him, it's always just a matter of staying healthy.
  3. Too much PF depth. Denver should have jumped on a Kenneth Faried deal while they still had interest. Because of this - Restricted free agent Mason Plumlee, who can play center, is still unsigned.
Myles Turner is going to be a freaking animal once he develops

Kid is only 21 years old--- and ALREADY for this season- I dont know if there are 5 bigs in the East id rather have JUST for this season.

As far as ceilings go---- Embiid, and Porzingis are prob the only 2 more talented big men in the East.

The list of guys that averaged 14, 8 and 2 at his age is like-- what was it from that article? KG, AD, Webber and Shaq

thats pretty amazing company right there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Not too worried about this and I think most would disagree with you. I don't think anyone look at Dragic or Whiteside as role players.

2) Totally disagree about this. For one the Heat don't restrict their players to positions. They have about 4 or 5 solid options at the SF and about 3 solid options at the 4. We have Richardson, Winslow, McGruder, JJ, and Ellington who can all play that position. At the 4, we have JJ, Olynk, and Bam who can all play that position. One thing about the Heat is their pretty deep
yah that was my point.

You have a hockey team. 5 guys play in the NBA. Your 3 and 4 positions are among the very least talented in the East- certainly of any team that has a prayer of winning a playoff series.

like you said---- lets just look at the 3:

Heat's 3: Winslow, McGruder, Richardson will prob play the bulk of the minutes there. Like you said- JJ and Ellington maybe a little bit here and there--- but mostly Winslow and McGruder.

Boston's 3: Hayward and Tatum--- Boston way better
Brooklyn's 3's: Crabbe and Carroll. yuck. ehhh....i guess ill give it to Miami but its not like Winslow has proved he is better than Alan Crabbe yet. lol.
Knicks: Melo, Lance Thomas---- easily Knicks
Philly: Simmons and Covington---- easily Philly
Raptors: CJ Miles, Bruno Caboclo--- I mean- CJ Miles shot 41% form 3 last year and isnt a bad player---- maybe Miami on this one?

Bulls: Zach Lavine, Paul Zipser--- Lavine is of course way better than anyone Miami has
Cavs: The King and Crowder--- easily the best 3 and best backup 3 in the game...goodnight
Pistons: Tobias Harris and Stanley Johnson- Pistons
Indiana: Bogdon and Glen Robinson the III--- DEFINITELY MIAMI. lol
Bucks: Middleton and Parker, lol enough said

Hawks: Prince and Bembry--- holy shit is that bad- Miami
Bobcats: MKG and Lamb: I mean- Winslow is a poor mans MKG that is even a worse shooter- def. Bobcats
Magic: Terrence Ross and Aaron Afflalo--- yuck. ill take the crab juice. Pretty even
Wiz: Otto Porter Jr and Kelly Oubre- easily Wiz

So- id say Miami is DEFINITELY better than Indiana, and Atlanta at the 3--- Brooklyn, Magic, Toronto, could be debated.

As for the 4. JJ, Olnyk, Bam

Boston: M. Morris, S. Ojelyle--- sweet Christ is that bad. lol. Honestly I take Miami.
Brooklyn: Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Trevor Booker- wow thats even worse- DEFINITELY Miami. That might be the worst PF position I have ever seen.
Knicks: Porzingis, Beasley- Knicks easily
Philly: Saric and Amir Johnson-- Sixers (id imagine with Simmons and Embiid, Okafor- all 3 might see time there as well- or at least 2 of those guys)
Raptors: Ibaka, Siakam- Raptors

Bulls: Bobby Portis and Lauri Markenen--- man I think Markenen has been good- but hes a rook- give it ot the Heat
Cavs: Love, Frye- lol, cmon now
Pistons: Leuer, Ellenson--- pretty even- ill give the Heat hte benefit of the doubt
Pacers- Thad Young, Domanatas Sabonis- Pacers- but close. Thad Young ius a real NBA player
Bucks- Giannis- next
Hawks- Illysova, Babbit- wow they are so fucking bad--- Heat
Bobcats- Marvin Williams, Frank Kaminskey-- Bobcats
Magic--- Gordon and Isaac--- Magic- just on Gordon himself- Isaac as a top pick wil ltake time- but immensely talented
Wiz: Markieff Morris, Jason Smith--- wow thats bad-- id take the Heat

So....Heat def. better than, Washington, Atlanta, Boston, Brooklyn--- arguable on Chicago, Detroit, Magic, maybe Indiana

So....about 15 teams in the East....SF- prob somewhere between 10th and 13th.....PF somewhere between 7 th and 11th

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah i would agree with that list.

KD's balls were big enough to smack LeBron in the face with them in June. And let's be honest (your favorite phrase), we all know how things will go down June 2018.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and this is the modern NBA- just about NO ONE restricts their players to positions--- versatility is the name of the game in todays NBA.