• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post-Stanford loss future

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we are back to hoping for 7 wins and a bowl, any bowl will do.

Injuries have been a huge factor as without Anu, we have no QB. Randall is awful. Might as well just snap the ball directly to Wilson every play.

With no defense and Rich Rod not grasping you might want to run some clock off and game manage a bit when you are operating at less than full capacity...we have to beat CO, WSU, and OSU. After that, they can probably get one of the next four.

Bleh...over the Cats already.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough injury losses for you guys and that UCLA game is hard to come back from. Need to regroup fast...

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not over them. I will continue to watch them but they really got dealt a shit straw with their schedule having no bye week the whole season, along with Scooby probably not being an impact at all this season and Solomon getting a concussion we are most likely playing for a mediocre no name bowl. It's what it is.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finally slapped some dick to OSU.

On to Colorado. We still have a long way to dig to get out of this hole. Glad Anu is back, and that we have a stretch of cupcakes to let Scoob heal. Winning our next two is a must. Hopefully, we have Wright back thereafter.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU is terrible. So is Colorado. Those are must-wins on every level.

WSU can pull the occasional competent performance out of their butts...hope that's not what we get when we play them. Can't loss that one if they have any hope for the division. I have a feeling the winner has 2 losses. Can't really see 3 although it's possible.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we pound Colorado but I'm thinking we win by single digits. Hope I'm wrong.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season over. If you can't beat the Cougs at home, you don't deserve to even make a bowl game. I have no recall of ever seeing a Cats defense this bad.

Oh well, maybe next year.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season over. If you can't beat the Cougs at home, you don't deserve to even make a bowl game. I have no recall of ever seeing a Cats defense this bad.

Oh well, maybe next year.

That's because for most of our lives AZ has been known for defense. I'm sure the Mackovic years were comparable, but it looks worse now in relation to a nice offense.

Either way, RR's complete lack of any defensive attention is not working, nor will it. We can certainly say that Scooby would have helped, and we probably would have won, given just one nice stand where a TD turns into a punt. But it's the same song. So many things have to line up for us to win, that I can't believe that this is our style.

We have to have both a solid running game and passing game to spread the defense.
We have to hang 40 on almost every opponent just to have a chance.
Even though our defense is shit, we still can't just let them do whatever, because if they score more than 40 (which is almost a norm), then it's anyone's game.

If any of those break down just a little, we're fucked.

We have to depend more on another team to not completely shove the ball down our throats rather than being able to do anything to stop it. That's a recipe for disaster.

Some say we need a stronger SOS. I think that only helps good teams. We'd have just seen the writing on the wall earlier, instead us (and the voters) being duped for a few games.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your defense has to rise above the level of complete garbage to compete in the PAC 12. AZ's doesn't. The only teams they will (and have) beaten are other bad ones. They are 5-0 against turds and 0-3 against anyone that isn't completely pathetic.

Considering the next four games are against teams in the latter category, my viewing of this team is officially over. Seen enough. Recruit some defensive talent RR. It's not rocket science.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else feel like Rich Rods fuse is running real short and he's really not enjoying the Pac-12? I'm starting to get concerned whether he'll take a job with all these openings coming up left and right.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have noticed that, but who is he mad at? He might want to look in the mirror. Those guys on defense are HIS guys. Their complete inability to stop anyone is on him and his pathetic coaching staff as much as it is on the players (if not more).

Rich Rod came in known as an offensive guru that ignored the defensive side of the ball to his detriment. Last year, he had people thinking maybe he'd changed. Now it looks like a fluke and the old Rich Rod style is the real Rich Rod.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have noticed that, but who is he mad at? He might want to look in the mirror. Those guys on defense are HIS guys. Their complete inability to stop anyone is on him and his pathetic coaching staff as much as it is on the players (if not more).

Rich Rod came in known as an offensive guru that ignored the defensive side of the ball to his detriment. Last year, he had people thinking maybe he'd changed. Now it looks like a fluke and the old Rich Rod style is the real Rich Rod.

Well, he has Scooby last year to put a bandaid on his defensive deficiencies. He doesn't have that right now, so the weakness is once again blaring.

But you're right. He is a really solid offensive coach. I don't understand how he can't get a defensive coordinator to pick up the defense, especially when he knows it's killing his ability to win. He does need to look in the mirror. We have lost far more games like the one on Saturday (where our offense scores more than enough to win, but the defense gives it up), than we have won when our defense magically comes through to shut the other team down.

Again, it's just such a shock for those of us who grew up around the Desert Swarm, to see our defense so shitty. I get that CFB has shifted to a more offensive game. But there is no way to sugarcoat giving up 450 ypg. We're giving up almost 300 ypg through the air, and that is counting the cupcakes we played in the non-con.

If RR doesn't realize soon that just trying to score more than the opponent isn't going to work, he'll need to be looking for better defensive players and coaches, or a new job.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I fully expected them to give up 42. That's almost an accomplishment at this point. But scoring only 3? Might be time for Rich Rod to move on. Pathetic.

P.S. I didn't watch the game. Won't watch another one. So if I missed something in their 42-3 loss please let me know.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I fully expected them to give up 42. That's almost an accomplishment at this point. But scoring only 3? Might be time for Rich Rod to move on. Pathetic.

P.S. I didn't watch the game. Won't watch another one. So if I missed something in their 42-3 loss please let me know.
You missed our center still being the worst player in college football

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, AZ is #120 out of 128 in total defense. This, with having yet to play USC, Utah, and ASU, and after having played UTSA, NAU, Nevada, and OSU.

It could very well be the worst defensive team in the country by the time it's all said and done.

The offense shitting the bed is just insult to injury.