• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post here if your team is in the top ten in both football and basketball

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, Michigan was one of the best teams in the conference in all three sports: We won the B10 tournament in basketball, finished 2nd in baseball and somewhere around 3rd in football. Ohio State was terrible in both baseball and basketball last year -- how can they possibly be in the top 10? They finished 11th in the conference in baseball and 10th in basketball. Seems like a bogus list to me. I'd put Wisconsin there before Ohio State.

Pretty sure that's an all time list.
:doh:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im still trying to figure out if wiscy ended up top 10 like the thread title states

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point remains the same. Michigan actually has a baseball national title unlike Ohio state.

Cool story bro.

So make up your own list with make believe numbers and Michigan can be #1.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, Michigan was one of the best teams in the conference in all three sports: We won the B10 tournament in basketball, finished 2nd in baseball and somewhere around 3rd in football. Ohio State was terrible in both baseball and basketball last year -- how can they possibly be in the top 10? They finished 11th in the conference in baseball and 10th in basketball. Seems like a bogus list to me. I'd put Wisconsin there before Ohio State.

You obviously do not understand what I posted.

Texas...Is ranked #1 all-time because they've been to 53 Bowl
Games in their history. The NCAA Playoffs in Basketball 33 times
and the NCAA Playoffs in Baseball 58 times. A Total of 144 appearances
for all 3 sports.

It has nothing to do with one year.

Wisconsin doesn't even play baseball anymore.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story bro.

Before you make up numbers here are the real all-time numbers.

OSU 47 Bowls, 31 app in Basketball & 19 app in Baseball=97

Mich 45 Bowls, 27 app in Basketball & 23 app in Baseball=95

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one where you and OSU are in a dead heat, but Mich gets the
edge because of Football.

Players Arrested/Charged/Citations since 2010.

Ohio State 17
Michigan 17

For football only...

Michigan 17
Ohio State 16

"Hail to the Victors valiant...hail to the....................................

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point remains the same. Michigan actually has a baseball national title unlike Ohio state.

You're a liar. Ohio State won the College World Series in 1966. meeeechegan won the the CWS crown in '62. Next time spend a few minutes looking up some info rather than making up your own homeristic reality.

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before you make up numbers here are the real all-time numbers.

OSU 47 Bowls, 31 app in Basketball & 19 app in Baseball=97

Mich 45 Bowls, 27 app in Basketball & 23 app in Baseball=95

but, but, but.
They're Michigan

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously do not understand what I posted.

Texas...Is ranked #1 all-time because they've been to 53 Bowl
Games in their history. The NCAA Playoffs in Basketball 33 times
and the NCAA Playoffs in Baseball 58 times. A Total of 144 appearances
for all 3 sports.

It has nothing to do with one year.

Wisconsin doesn't even play baseball anymore.
But it should factor in how well they did in the post season -- IE national titles. Michigan and OSU have the same number of national titles in football and basketball, and Michigan has one more in baseball. Which should more than wipe out the 2 bowl games or 5 tournament appearances OSU has over us in football and basketball.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story bro.

Make believe numbers? Statistically Michigan is better in most things if we're talking all time. That's why the list is dumb.

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make believe numbers? Statistically Michigan is better in most things if we're talking all time. That's why the list is dumb.

So lemme get this right...

@NolePride posts a set of numbers that are clearly defined as:

Bowl Games + NCAA Basketball Playoffs + NCAA Baseball Playoffs
(Power 5 Teams Only)

You didn't understand the numbers because Michigan wasn't ahead of Ohio State as evidenced by:

So you apparently thought that last year, Ohio State had a total of 97 Bowl Games + NCAA Basketball Appearances + NCAA Baseball Playoff teams. That's one hell of a year. Shit, Texas had 144!!!

I then gave you an out,

Pretty sure that's an all time list.
:doh:

but you double downed with this gem:

Unfortunately, even if we ignore the fact that your original point was Michigan won hoops last year (that did count in nolePride's numbers), and came close in football & baseball (those two didn't count), you still fucked up and claimed that Ohio State never won in baseball. Oops.

You're a liar. Ohio State won the College World Series in 1966. meeeechegan won the the CWS crown in '62. Next time spend a few minutes looking up some info rather than making up your own homeristic reality.

But let's get back on track...
See, winning a championship doesn't mean dick in the numbers that nolePride posted. So you were actually wrong twice in one short post. I'm sure you're used to it by now.

The good news is, I think we actually both agree that simply taking those three data points, and saying this is what makes up the Top 10 of the "Triple Crown of College Athletics", is probably open for debate. The bad news is, your debating skills suck.

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot the tldr version.

Uh... everything that guy just said is bullshit... Thank you.
- Vincent Gambini

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lemme get this right...

@NolePride posts a set of numbers that are clearly defined as:

You didn't understand the numbers because Michigan wasn't ahead of Ohio State as evidenced by:

So you apparently thought that last year, Ohio State had a total of 97 Bowl Games + NCAA Basketball Appearances + NCAA Baseball Playoff teams. That's one hell of a year. Shit, Texas had 144!!!

I then gave you an out,

but you double downed with this gem:

Unfortunately, even if we ignore the fact that your original point was Michigan won hoops last year (that did count in nolePride's numbers), and came close in football & baseball (those two didn't count), you still fucked up and claimed that Ohio State never won in baseball. Oops.

But let's get back on track...
See, winning a championship doesn't mean dick in the numbers that nolePride posted. So you were actually wrong twice in one short post. I'm sure you're used to it by now.

The good news is, I think we actually both agree that simply taking those three data points, and saying this is what makes up the Top 10 of the "Triple Crown of College Athletics", is probably open for debate. The bad news is, your debating skills suck.
You are right, I didn't read carefully enough.....but the point is still the same. What's the point in counting a bowl game where OSU got shut out by Alabama? What does that prove?

TheReal_NU

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, I didn't read carefully enough.....but the point is still the same. What's the point in counting a bowl game where OSU got shut out by Alabama? What does that prove?

See, if that had been your opening argument, I wouldn't have agreed with you, but it's much more likely that I wouldn't have made fun of you. OSU getting shut out by Alabama counted the same as Nebraska getting butt fucked by Tennessee. They were both embarrassing, but we can all agree that OSU still had a much better season than my Huskers.

I can't understand why making a bowl game or the NCAA basketball tournament means much in this day and age. And since I'm from Nebraska, I certainly can't imagine what it's like to actually win an NCAA basketball game.