• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Here If Your Team Is 4-1

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taking anything away from Atlanta. Granted Denver had a not NFL ready QB, but Denver has proven they can win with sub par QB play.

Fair point on the rookie QB...I have to give the ATL O & D serious creds still...with all 3 starting LBs out, I expected DEN to pound it 30+ times, but they forced DEN into some predictable down and distances and the kid wasn't consistent enough on 3rd down.

On OFC, best game I've ever seen Shanahan call....balanced, but really exploited the DEN LBs in coverage and they couldn't stop it.

OAK and CAR DEF is not equal to DEN.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is that the Falcons have started hot in the past and faded quickly as the season went on. So is this still that same style of team or is this one that finally breaks through to play with the top dogs in the NFL? Only time will tell. Yes every year is new but we can always look at trends and see certain patterns emerge. Really to me in the NFL the first 8 games of the season are about the starting line ups. As injuries start happening what we see are the teams with the best depth rise to the top in the 2nd half of the season.

Is ATL for real? That question has been asked since the DEN game ended.

My take...idk to be honest, Shanahan is known to start strong but has also shown that he lacks the ability to adjust. I will say they are a far more varied on OFC, the OL is more legit with Alex Mack in the middle...what I'm not sure about is the DEF. Lot of tough games remaining.

I think they will get to at least 9 wins and that might be enough to win the south.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:billb:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point on the rookie QB...I have to give the ATL O & D serious creds still...with all 3 starting LBs out, I expected DEN to pound it 30+ times, but they forced DEN into some predictable down and distances and the kid wasn't consistent enough on 3rd down.

On OFC, best game I've ever seen Shanahan call....balanced, but really exploited the DEN LBs in coverage and they couldn't stop it.

OAK and CAR DEF is not equal to DEN.

That was what impressed me about Atl. They beat Denvers strength.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is ATL for real? That question has been asked since the DEN game ended.

My take...idk to be honest, Shanahan is known to start strong but has also shown that he lacks the ability to adjust. I will say they are a far more varied on OFC, the OL is more legit with Alex Mack in the middle...what I'm not sure about is the DEF. Lot of tough games remaining.

I think they will get to at least 9 wins and that might be enough to win the south.

I guess the question should be more are they actually a Super Bowl caliber team? Division wise yeah I could easily see them winning the division. Winning the NFC South right now is like bragging about kissing your cousin. Now obviously any team can get hot when it comes to the playoffs so it is just about getting in but right now at least to me I don't see a team in the Falcons that is championship caliber. Now I say that after they beat my Broncos on the road but I'm not sure they would consistently be able to do that. The defense definitely played much better than I ever thought they would and the Broncos just did not even show up. I'm still trying to figure out what the heck the game plan was on offense.

I do think the Falcons have one of the best offenses in football by far. Just usually teams with great offenses and bad defenses don't go far. They can make the playoffs but they usually get bumped in the first couple of rounds as they run into a team that can actually contain a great offense.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's too much parity this year. Too many teams are equally middling. Making it hard to bet.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I'm happy to be here...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the question should be more are they actually a Super Bowl caliber team? Division wise yeah I could easily see them winning the division. Winning the NFC South right now is like bragging about kissing your cousin. Now obviously any team can get hot when it comes to the playoffs so it is just about getting in but right now at least to me I don't see a team in the Falcons that is championship caliber. Now I say that after they beat my Broncos on the road but I'm not sure they would consistently be able to do that. The defense definitely played much better than I ever thought they would and the Broncos just did not even show up. I'm still trying to figure out what the heck the game plan was on offense.

I do think the Falcons have one of the best offenses in football by far. Just usually teams with great offenses and bad defenses don't go far. They can make the playoffs but they usually get bumped in the first couple of rounds as they run into a team that can actually contain a great offense.

In week 5? idk who is SB caliber outside of PIT, NE, SEA, maybe DEN if they can find more consistency in the run game and Siemian picks up where he left off....I name those teams only because they look pretty strong and all but DEN have QBs that have done it.

Winning the south probably won't be big shakes, but with the Falcons schedule (arguably the toughest in the NFL this yr)...if they go 10-6 and end up a 4 seed...I give them a decent chance to win their home at least, but SB might be a tall task this year.

DEF...I think their DEF is a work in progress more so than any other contender...Keanu Neal, Devondre Campbell, Deon Lewis, and Brian Poole are all rookies that start or play a significant amount of snaps. Add in 2nd yr guys, Vic Beasley, Jalen Collins (coming off a 4 gms sups) and Grady Jarrett, over half of the main pcs have 1 yr or less experience...I think they will be a better DEF in DEC and certainly better in '17.

ATL @ DEN gm...I think the Broncos were doing okay early on the ground, but were still in predictable down and distance on 3rd and Lynch was just not consistent enough to sustain drives...then when they got behind 20-3, that put the game on his arm and he and the OL were not up tot he task...it will be very interesting to see how they go about the OFC this week with Kube resting up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In week 5? idk who is SB caliber outside of PIT, NE, SEA, maybe DEN if they can find more consistency in the run game and Siemian picks up where he left off....I name those teams only because they look pretty strong and all but DEN have QBs that have done it.

Winning the south probably won't be big shakes, but with the Falcons schedule (arguably the toughest in the NFL this yr)...if they go 10-6 and end up a 4 seed...I give them a decent chance to win their home at least, but SB might be a tall task this year.

DEF...I think their DEF is a work in progress more so than any other contender...Keanu Neal, Devondre Campbell, Deon Lewis, and Brian Poole are all rookies that start or play a significant amount of snaps. Add in 2nd yr guys, Vic Beasley, Jalen Collins (coming off a 4 gms sups) and Grady Jarrett, over half of the main pcs have 1 yr or less experience...I think they will be a better DEF in DEC and certainly better in '17.

ATL @ DEN gm...I think the Broncos were doing okay early on the ground, but were still in predictable down and distance on 3rd and Lynch was just not consistent enough to sustain drives...then when they got behind 20-3, that put the game on his arm and he and the OL were not up tot he task...it will be very interesting to see how they go about the OFC this week with Kube resting up.

Well the nice thing for the Broncos is the 2 weakest spots on the offense return starters this week in our RT (back up RT gave up 4 sacks this past week and constant pressure) Stephenson and then our TE Virgil Green. I'm actually working on an article to publish about Green and why he is so important to this Broncos offense in both the pass and run game. Very underrated player. PFF actually had him graded as the best TE through the first 2 games of the season before he got hurt. I'm actually watching the coaches film on him right now and you would be blown away with how good he is.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early reports were Arizona would go 16-0 now I'm sensing Minny might. :nono:

As long as that porcelain egg they call a QB stays healthy, they have a shot. A slim shot (16-0 ain't easy) but a shot.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as that porcelain egg they call a QB stays healthy, they have a shot. A slim shot (16-0 ain't easy) but a shot.
As long as they are undefeated I guess the have a shot.
In other words "So you're telling me there's a chance"

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they are undefeated I guess the have a shot.
In other words "So you're telling me there's a chance"

Yeah. To quote the great Texan Dale Gribble, "you can't win it if you're not in it."