• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post here if your team ever lost a 14 inning game without using their 2 best bullpen arms...

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After neither of them worked the game before.

Braves checking in.

Eat a dick, Snitker.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Buck Showalter is laughing at the Braves.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Buck Showalter is laughing at the Braves.

As he should.

I'd hate to fire Snitker. He's been with the team for over 40 years now, and the players love him, but I'd like for he and Ron Washington to switch roles.

He pulls McCarthy after 6 with only 83 pitches. Newcomb went 7 and threw over 100 on Thursday. Same for Teheran on Wednesday. I thought he'd finally learned to stay with the hot hand unless the pitch count is too high when he let Folty finish off his gem on Friday.

Don't get me wrong, the offense did us no favors, but putting in Socolovich instead of Winkler or Vizcaino was waving the white flag, but then again, the game is likely over after the top of the 9th if Snit lets McCarthy go another inning.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On pitching Socolovich over Arodys Vizcaino and Dan Winkler:

“I’m staying away from Viz and Wink all day today. Just giving them a day. That’s looking ahead. That’s where they’d been warming up, was hot yesterday. Winkler had a tough inning the day before. We were going to stay away from both of them regardless today.”

Starter Brandon McCarthy:

On how he felt after sixth inning:

“Tired. There might’ve been a little more in there but humidity really does something to me. It’s a grind for me to get through it more so than other guys maybe. I came out there, especially after hitting in the fifth, then going right up in the sixth. A lot of quick innings. Gio (Gonzalez) was working really fast. You just start to lose your breath. Fortunately I was executing well. If I go back out I feel like I could’ve done well. But outside of that I don’t think it’s the wrong call there to take me out.”
:suds:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On pitching Socolovich over Arodys Vizcaino and Dan Winkler:

“I’m staying away from Viz and Wink all day today. Just giving them a day. That’s looking ahead. That’s where they’d been warming up, was hot yesterday. Winkler had a tough inning the day before. We were going to stay away from both of them regardless today.”

Starter Brandon McCarthy:

On how he felt after sixth inning:

“Tired. There might’ve been a little more in there but humidity really does something to me. It’s a grind for me to get through it more so than other guys maybe. I came out there, especially after hitting in the fifth, then going right up in the sixth. A lot of quick innings. Gio (Gonzalez) was working really fast. You just start to lose your breath. Fortunately I was executing well. If I go back out I feel like I could’ve done well. But outside of that I don’t think it’s the wrong call there to take me out.”
:suds:

Snit's statement is so full of shit. Winkler played a little catch in the pen on Friday, Viz never got up, and Viz has pitched 3 games in 17 days, throwing no more than 13 pitches in any of them, they weren't hot, and that tough inning on Thursday was a 1-2-3 frame with 2 strikeouts.

And McCarthy isn't going to throw his manager under the bus, but if what he says is true, it was mid 80's yesterday. If the heat and humidity is getting to him on a mild day for early June in Georgia, he needs to be traded now, because he's not gonna last when the dog days of summer set in, because yesterday was nothing compared to the 95 degree, 100% humidity that awaits here shortly.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snit's statement is so full of shit. Winkler played a little catch in the pen on Friday, Viz never got up, and Viz has pitched 3 games in 17 days, throwing no more than 13 pitches in any of them, they weren't hot, and that tough inning on Thursday was a 1-2-3 frame with 2 strikeouts.

And McCarthy isn't going to throw his manager under the bus, but if what he says is true, it was mid 80's yesterday. If the heat and humidity is getting to him on a mild day for early June in Georgia, he needs to be traded now, because he's not gonna last when the dog days of summer set in, because yesterday was nothing compared to the 95 degree, 100% humidity that awaits here shortly.

And if saving them both is so damn important, why was Vizcaino used in a 7-1 game in Boston?

But after checking the box score, I do now see that I made a mistake on Twitter. It was Minter that pitched the 8th in that game, noth Winkler, but Vizcaino did pitch the 9th.