• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post here if your starting QB is leaving

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

What movie is this from?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can only hope these are our QBs this year.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for Clemson losing a player of Watson's caliber. What's the replacement look like? See you said he is pro style. Was he a high star recruit? Think Clemson takes a step back next year with Deshaun?

Yeah, so Watson is obviously going to the NFL, and Nick Schuessler, his backup, who you saw a little at the end of the game, has now exhausted his eligibility. Clemson is replacing them with some real talent. The third string guy right now, Kelly Bryant, was a four star and is a scrambler like the others have been. Big guy, 6'4" and 215. Clemson's also bringing in some real talent at that position. Chase Brice is a 4 star out of Georgia. However, the guy I expect to lead is Hunter Johnson, who's the top ranked high school QB in the country right now. That said, while he looks like a tremendous pro-style QB, Clemson's style of offense thrives better with a dual threat QB. Here's Rivals take on his performance at the national QB retreat.

I definitely think it should be a rebuilding year, at least for the offense. In addition to using a new QB, none of the options have play experience, they're going to have to replace their running back (though there's some serious talent behind Gallman), one or two linemen, their incredible tight end Jordan Leggett, and most importantly, Mike Williams, who's expected by some to be the first wideout taken in the draft. Artavis Scott, another great wide-receiver and the returner, could also go early. While the rest of the team is young and there is some talent behind these players, I think it takes a year or two to gel as a unit and start competing with the bluebloods again.

On defense, they are losing a handful, most notably DT Carlos Watkins (a big loss), LB Ben Boulware (but his backup is excellent and not as much of an idiot), and CB Cordrea Tankersley. However, outside of Watkins, Clemson has recruited some good talent, and I think the defense should be around the same ability as this year.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We up in here. Maybe the worst decision to leave early ever.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, our QB who started the season transferred in week 4, so not sure if that qualifies or not.