• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post here if you correctly picked the title game

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sure how great they've been in the first place. I know all the metrics etc but I just haven't been sold on them all year. Less so because of the schedule and more so because I just didn't feel like they've been tested under pressure. Cle as rly the WVU game and SC game has shown me d one thing but neither of hose teams is a legit potent offense. Zags D is very good though. I'm not saying I don't thinl they're a top 10-15 type team. More that I don't put them on an elite level. Obviously if they beat UNC I'll have to change that opinion

Why does Gonzaga have to be held to a higher standard than everyone else though? Literally the only thing they can do for you to consider them elite is win the while thing? I think that's a little absurd. They've been tested plenty this season I just don't get that narrative. If St Marys and ISU are ranked post tournament they'll have won 9 games against top 25 teams. And they're undefeated against top 25 teams.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Gonzaga have to be held to a higher standard than everyone else though? Literally the only thing they can do for you to consider them elite is win the while thing? I think that's a little absurd. They've been tested plenty this season I just don't get that narrative. If St Marys and ISU are ranked post tournament they'll have won 9 games against top 25 teams. And they're undefeated against top 25 teams.
It's not a higher standard. If they had 10 great regular season wins and then made the E8 or F4 I'd have no issue calling them elite. They had 5 or 5 great regular season wins which is decent and then a pretty manageable path. Not their fault I understand but it doesnt mean it changes my opinion. I thinl they're very good. After tomorrow I may have to change that to elite

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a higher standard. If they had 10 great regular season wins and then made the E8 or F4 I'd have no issue calling them elite. They had 5 or 5 great regular season wins which is decent and then a pretty manageable path. Not their fault I understand but it doesnt mean it changes my opinion. I thinl they're very good. After tomorrow I may have to change that to elite

Then that's holding their conference affiliation against them, which you said you weren't going to do though. Its not their fault they don't play 10 games against top 25 competition during the regular season. I don't think at this point one game should change your opinion. They could win on a buzzer beater or lose on a buzzer beater and that determines whether or not they are elite to you?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then that's holding their conference affiliation against them, which you said you weren't going to do though. Its not their fault they don't play 10 games against top 25 competition during the regular season. I don't think at this point one game should change your opinion. They could win on a buzzer beater or lose on a buzzer beater and that determines whether or not they are elite to you?
Has more to do with how they play. Win or lose. I was not impressed with them vs NW, WVU or SDSU especially offensively. I've been more impressed the last 2 games.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has more to do with how they play. Win or lose. I was not impressed with them vs NW, WVU or SDSU especially offensively. I've been more impressed the last 2 games.

No denying they looked like shit against SDSU. Since then they are averaging 75 ppg. And yes they weren't good offensively against wvu, but they have a top 5 defense.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line Gonzaga is legit. They've beaten who was in front of them. What other team was good enough that should have been there in their place? If they were good enough they wouldn't have lost. Five wins in a row in the tournament is one win away from a title. Make no mistake. Gonzaga is legitimate.

Exactly.

I know you can play the "we beat them who beat that team, so we'd also beat them" game. But gonzaga beat Xavier and South Carolina who at the times were red hot with 5 combined top 25 wins.

Thats what people miss in this tourney. Sure, you may avoid 1 and 2 seeds to get to the final. But you're playing teams talented enough to beat those 1 and 2 seeds

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had 14 of 16 sweet 16 teams right (funny enough, Wisconsin was not one of them). Then. . .3 of 8 elite 8 teams and no final 4 teams.

Went from my best bracket to my worst in a hurry

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't thinl any path is EASY because you've got to beat 5 good teams but the Zags haven't beaten a pre tourney top 25 team in the entire tournament so yeah I'd say it hasn't been difficult either
I think it's pretty safe to say things lined up real well for them. But the same can be said of a lot of teams that end up making the title game.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had 14 of 16 sweet 16 teams right (funny enough, Wisconsin was not one of them). Then. . .3 of 8 elite 8 teams and no final 4 teams.

Went from my best bracket to my worst in a hurry
Finally!! Someone who can admit that their bracket has been busted for a while. OP is in denial. My only team left is Gonza and I had them out in the Elite Eight.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally!! Someone who can admit that their bracket has been busted for a while. OP is in denial. My only team left is Gonza and I had them out in the Elite Eight.

Lol. My bracket wasn't all that great except for nailing the title game(98th percentile on ESPN.com). And the only reason I started this was because everyone was shiting on Gonzaga all season.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Final 4 was Nova, Iowa St, Zona and UNC do clearly I'm an idiot

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. My bracket wasn't all that great except for nailing the title game(98th percentile on ESPN.com). And the only reason I started this was because everyone was shiting on Gonzaga all season.

Not to start a shit-storm, but I just wanted to know: why do you give two shits about how anyone, on here or otherwise, feels about Gonzaga, or anyone else? Why do you feel the need to nail everyone to the cross that didn't call before the tourney that GU could be in this exact position, or if someone even today says that they aren't a fan of any part of Gonzaga? Why do you feel the need to talk shit in order to validate your position?

You have it out for people who have a difference of opinion about something that really means jack shit in the course of a normal day, and yet you feel the need to drive it home as much as possible that everyone that didn't pick GU to go to the FF is shitting on them, or has no respect for them; even for simply for picking them to go to the EE instead of the FF.

You seem to want to shove it in everyone's face like you're personally offended that someone feels differently than you about a basketball team in Spokane, WA (or the title game). It's like you've been letting this fester for over a month that to whatever extent you bet on GU, you will yell from the top of SportsHoopla Mountain that everyone must bow before your knowledge of Gonzaga Basketball. To whatever extent that someone dares explain their opinion, you must counter until they give up from not caring, get in the last word, and then mark down whatever you think the stakes are so that you can pronounce being right, when so few people give any fucks.

Who gives a fuck if someone thinks that playing in a shit conference doesn't help, or that they had an easier path than anyone else? Of all the opinions to argue so bitterly about, why do you pick Gonzaga basketball as the mountain you're dying on?

I mean, I could go on and on about how obsessed you appear to be about this, but anyone who has been on here since Feb has seen you bring this shit up on a half a dozen threads, or make your own because of it.

Why the fuck do you care so much?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to start a shit-storm, but I just wanted to know: why do you give two shits about how anyone, on here or otherwise, feels about Gonzaga, or anyone else? Why do you feel the need to nail everyone to the cross that didn't call before the tourney that GU could be in this exact position, or if someone even today says that they aren't a fan of any part of Gonzaga? Why do you feel the need to talk shit in order to validate your position?

You have it out for people who have a difference of opinion about something that really means jack shit in the course of a normal day, and yet you feel the need to drive it home as much as possible that everyone that didn't pick GU to go to the FF is shitting on them, or has no respect for them; even for simply for picking them to go to the EE instead of the FF.

You seem to want to shove it in everyone's face like you're personally offended that someone feels differently than you about a basketball team in Spokane, WA (or the title game). It's like you've been letting this fester for over a month that to whatever extent you bet on GU, you will yell from the top of SportsHoopla Mountain that everyone must bow before your knowledge of Gonzaga Basketball. To whatever extent that someone dares explain their opinion, you must counter until they give up from not caring, get in the last word, and then mark down whatever you think the stakes are so that you can pronounce being right, when so few people give any fucks.

Who gives a fuck if someone thinks that playing in a shit conference doesn't help, or that they had an easier path than anyone else? Of all the opinions to argue so bitterly about, why do you pick Gonzaga basketball as the mountain you're dying on?

I mean, I could go on and on about how obsessed you appear to be about this, but anyone who has been on here since Feb has seen you bring this shit up on a half a dozen threads, or make your own because of it.

Why the fuck do you care so much?

I don't really give a shit about Gonzaga tbh. I think they are really good. I think that anybody that used their lack of getting to a FF as a reason why they couldn't this year, or using the schedule as another reason is really fucking dumb. I just see that as flawed logic. Everyone was pointing out shit that had no affect on whether this particular team could get to a FF. It was all about schedule and them never getting there and always being overrated. 6 new players on this team from last year, 5 of them being in their first year with the program, with 3 of them being NBA prospects, and another a former top 60 recruit who almost averaged a double double in a P5 conference. How does not getting to a FF affect them? It doesn't. At all.

I'm not one to talk shit, I mean I've posted here all season for the last like 4 years and the biggest argument I've gotten into has been about fucking Gonzaga off all teams. People were pretty steadfast on saying they couldn't get to a FF, and gave me shit because I thought they could. Or would call Gonzaga overrated every year, when that's contrary to what has actually happened. People were talking out their ass. I don't really give a fuck if I'm right or wrong. I've been wrong about plenty of shit and will be wrong again. And when I am, I'll admit so.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I want to extend a debt of gratitude to @Shaggy for keeping the Indianapolis banner heading at the top of the CBB page. It reminds me of the time I picked Duke to win it all and there was a bunch of naysayers then as well. 2015 was a GREAT season!

Anyone create a new one for me to put up??

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I've been asking for a new banner before Shaggy was top dawg. It's not his fault. Probably to avoid making a new one every year we should just come up with one that's appropriate every year.