• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Game Thoughts

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I Liked

Our D getting after the QB. 7 Sacks on the night. And that was at all levels (1st, 2nd, 3rd, string and beyond). Not the mention only giving up 1 TD.

Norman's 2 INT's.

Stopping the run.

Armanti and Gettis.

A good all around effort from the offense in both passing and running. Nothing flashy but we moved the ball well and scored points.

What I did not like

Way too many turnovers. I think it was 5 on the night. The 3 INT's showed there were times our offense was not in sync. Cam zeroed in on Olsen and I think there was someone downfield open. Anderson and Clausen both might have well had just handed the ball to the Bears. I liked a lot of what I saw from Barner but he has to protect the ball no matter what.

Towards the end of the game we started giving up deep passes over the middle AGAIN. I know the guys out there are not the best but I hate seeing that.

Ginn did not look like he had any chemistry with any QB.

Final Thoughts

The TE Williams looked pretty good but I'm not sold on him yet. I want to keep an eye on him but he may be better off going to the practice squad for a year. I think Barner will be getting lots of work on protecting the ball in the next couple of weeks. Armanti looked good but I want to see him have to go up and fight for the ball, not to mention get some YAC. He has come a long way though. I am encouraged by this game. We have lots to build on.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) Anderson had some good throws, and 4 absolutely awful ones. A couple should have been intercepted, but the Bears DB's were shocked he threw the ball straight at them. He was not on the same page as the receivers on these plays.

(2) On the two fumbles, Barner basically got tapped and fumbled the ball. He did some good stuff, too.

(3) Obviously, this is what we want from Norman. Gives us hope. :hope:

(4) Front 7 was solid through the whole rotation. Glad to see Blackburn get that sack - we might have some depth at LB we didn't expect.

Overall, the O seriously underperformed, and the D was solid.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ And did Cam run the ball tonight? Glad we're laying off the Read in the preseason, if that's the case.

bmoshx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
star didnt get any pressure at all, i was disappointed in that considered chicago has one of the worst offensive lines.

bmoshx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
and how about gettis showing up

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
star didnt get any pressure at all, i was disappointed in that considered chicago has one of the worst offensive lines.

Star is more of a runstuffer with pass rush potential, dont expect alot of sacks from him. and the Bears O Lina is weak at the tackle spot or was before they signed Bushrod from the saints.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i liked what i saw from edwards too, showing good development and if he continues will prolly gives us an athletic number 3 who can throw the ball oon an endaround.

i also liked our front 7 play. solid, need to build on this. however i am not sold on the Bears as a whole i believe they may be overrated, just like Cutler is.

Barner put the ball on the ground. i think he can fix that but living up here in the horrible NW i saw that a bit while he was at Oregon, actually seemed to be common under Chip Kelly, anyway still like him very versatle as we saw and i think he will fix the fumbling. guy is a hard worker and team player.

only negative was Offensive execution, could have been alot better but i kinda expected that..

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KK got in a sack though. I thought Star did great against the run.