• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post FA and Coaching change excitement

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:
Hurns was hurt last year but he still only averaged 48 yards-per-game with Bortles attempting 523 passes.
Even an over-the-hill Dez averaged 52 ypg with Prescott's paltry 490 attempts.
And that was with Zeke missing 6 games.
More running for DAL means even less passing.
i agree, but to get 50-55 yards a game in an expanded role, is doable

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm on the Dion Lewis train too. Sorry Treff.
Especially if Henry couldn't wrestle away the starting job convincingly from 29 year-old Demarco Murray.

Say what you want about diva Dez, no way Hurns does any better than him.

Well i sure dont see it..James White was every bit as good, and no one is singing his praises...he's definitely gotta prove it outside of NE to get any love from me, cuz I see the guy who got cut from Cincy when I look at him. And Henry did send his rear to the bench by years end

And your dead on balls accurate..Hurns SUCKS..he ain't matching Terence Williams production

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious if hell even get an expanded role..he's not better than any other receiver on the team...not a shoe in to be anything more than the guy who rotates in at WR2...WR1 being a rookie, or, if they go real nuts, and just play Zeke and a cloud of dust offense, Noah Brown.

Let's not forget.. ARob was out all year..Hurns failed as "THE guy", can't imagine having an expanded role from that really significant role he could've had

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he gets a expanded role and gets enough targets it is. However Cowboys offense isn’t a downfield thru the air offense under Dak. More likely he’s just one more rotational WR with limited targets.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious if hell even get an expanded role..he's not better than any other receiver on the team...not a shoe in to be anything more than the guy who rotates in at WR2...WR1 being a rookie, or, if they go real nuts, and just play Zeke and a cloud of dust offense, Noah Brown.

Let's not forget.. ARob was out all year..Hurns failed as "THE guy", can't imagine having an expanded role from that really significant role he could've had
true but 3-4 catches a game doesnt seem far fetched

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets a expanded role and gets enough targets it is. However Cowboys offense isn’t a downfield thru the air offense under Dak. More likely he’s just one more rotational WR with limited targets.
he runs about the same route tree as dez..........like i said 3-4 catches a game isnt far fetched IMHO

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i sure dont see it..James White was every bit as good, and no one is singing his praises...he's definitely gotta prove it outside of NE to get any love from me, cuz I see the guy who got cut from Cincy when I look at him. And Henry did send his rear to the bench by years end

And your dead on balls accurate..Hurns SUCKS..he ain't matching Terence Williams production
I think the Cowboys made a mistake letting Brice Butler go

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurns has trouble staying healthy. He is a solid possession type receiver. He wont wow anyone though and he certainly isnt the same physical specimen that will win jump balls in the Red Zone.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys made a mistake letting Brice Butler go
Brice Butler? Really? I can't get behind that. Dude's been a Raider and a Cowboy, and I've never thought he had anything special. Even the best part of his game, straight line speed, isn't all that impressive

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brice Butler? Really? I can't get behind that. Dude's been a Raider and a Cowboy, and I've never thought he had anything special. Even the best part of his game, straight line speed, isn't all that impressive
I think he was widely underused. As a running team he is exactly what they needed. He could take the top off and create more space for EE. I wanted the Packers to sign him. He isnt a pro bowl guy but I think his skill set would fit nicely for the Packers.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but 3-4 catches a game doesnt seem far fetched
Your right, its not far fetched. It is however about the top end if realistic expectations given what the situation seems to be at this moment. And what Dez did for the offense in the red zone..whether he got the ball or not, isn't going to be approached by Hurns, D. Thompson, or anyone else they can bring in off the pile. His numbers might be able to be matched, his real production, as a part of the entire offense will not. And matching his numbers, aren't helping anyone, including fantasy owners

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was widely underused. As a running team he is exactly what they needed. He could take the top off and create more space for EE. I wanted the Packers to sign him. He isnt a pro bowl guy but I think his skill set would fit nicely for the Packers.
That's true for sure, but with the athletes around these days, can be easily replaced. I will give him this though...for a pure speed guy, he did have good hands

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true for sure, but with the athletes around these days, can be easily replaced. I will give him this though...for a pure speed guy, he did have good hands
If Ginn had his hands he could have been All Pro caliber

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if anything, Butler was a familiar face for what Dallas is hoping is their next franchise QB

I think Dak throws an alright deep ball, but their offense isn't geared for it.
Jerry and Garrett will continue to hold them back.

I doubt many established WRs would even want to go play there

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Dallas's offense is the WRs are too predictable to the patterns they run. We all know Dez only ran like 4 routes. Beasley only runs short routes as well. Wtten can't get on top of people, hasn't for years - 3 routes. Butler could challenge deep, but he only ran 4 routes as well. Some of that is by the design of the offense, but some is also that the WRs not being able to sell their route. Add some speed into some of those positions and you will see some separation along the sidelines. Hurns brings some of the physicality they just lost with better route running. Thompson is sneaky fast like Butler. Whoever they bring in from the draft will almost by default be their top play-maker just by virtue of not having tendencies attached to their routes. This isn't an offense predicated on big passing plays and piling up air yards, so when I say play-maker don't attach WR1 moniker to that. Just simply a clutch pair of hands on 3rd downs or even in the red zone. I don't expect any of these veteran guys to be very useful in fantasy. They will all be involved and probably end up with 500 yards each.