• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible staff shake up....

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word going around that Fisher (qb coach) and Vandy have been fired. I'll be disappointed if Vandy was indeed canned. I could see him moving on his own, but far too good a track record to fire him. Maybe BOB slides to HC/QB coach and hires an OC

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds ike those 2 are definitely out. Thanks for the memories Vandy, Fisher, we hardly knew ya.

i think it may be a difference in philosophy, BOB wants bigger, more athletic linebackers that can bring the heat and hit like a truck as opposed to smaller guys good in space. may want to mix in some 3-4 as well with the DE/LB hybrid guys we seem to be going after and saying they'll play both.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Larry Johnson SR hasn't moved up at Penn State. One hell of a recruiter and one hell of a good d-line coach.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Larry Johnson SR hasn't moved up at Penn State. One hell of a recruiter and one hell of a good d-line coach.

Some guys are better indians than chiefs. He's found his nitch and is as good as anybody out there at it.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your feelings on Tom Bradley? I feel the school should have kept him as defensive coordinator and that he got a raw deal from Penn St after everything he did for them.

I am to lazy right now to check the defenses stats under Bradley compared to the other d-coordinators.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your feelings on Tom Bradley? I feel the school should have kept him as defensive coordinator and that he got a raw deal from Penn St after everything he did for them.

I am to lazy right now to check the defenses stats under Bradley compared to the other d-coordinators.

Bradley had to go or you divide the team, fanbase and letterman/former players who wanted him as head coach. i think he's one of the nicest people I've met, he was a great coach for Joe's system and great recruiter, but his style and what BOB wants to do are night/day. BOB wants to move away from bend but don't break to an attacking, disruptive style.

Bradley's defenses were very frustrating at times, in spite of the numbers.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bradley had not served as the interim head coach, then there was likely a chance that O'Brien could have retained him. There isn't a first-time head coach that wants to have the guy that the university trusts to take over in a pinch to stay on his staff.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your points but I miss the days where our defense only gave up 14pts on a bad day. Then we were frustrated because our offense could only score maybe 10. Now we got the offense rolling and I see the defense as the weak area. If the two can be on the same playing scale it will make for a championship team.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense took quite a while to hit their stride this season. Towards the end of the season it started to look good, though the lack of depth was obvious. Typically we are rotating in alot more guys in the front seven than we were able to this year. Butler as coordinator had alot of growing pains that only come from trial by fire. Early in the season he seemed incapable of making adjustments to lock teams down in the second half which is something that we as fans had grown accustomed to. I think given a proper roster he will make a good coordinator after seeing him make some successful adjustments at halftime in the latter half of the season.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your points but I miss the days where our defense only gave up 14pts on a bad day. Then we were frustrated because our offense could only score maybe 10. Now we got the offense rolling and I see the defense as the weak area. If the two can be on the same playing scale it will make for a championship team.

A lot of that was based on playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Take air out of ball, play bend but don't break, stay in game and try to win at end. I'd rather play aggressive and dictate play than sit on heels and hope someone screws up. We'd stay in a soft zone even if we were getting shredded, just watch the Rose Bowl vs USC.

You see the defense as a weak area because we are in transition between styles AND we have no speed at safety. Let BOB fill the roster with schollie guys who fit what they WANT to run and then judge. BOB has a vision for what he wants and I'm on board with the direction we are going on both sides of the ball. Expect a big dose of 3-4 going forward

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense took quite a while to hit their stride this season. Towards the end of the season it started to look good, though the lack of depth was obvious. Typically we are rotating in alot more guys in the front seven than we were able to this year. Butler as coordinator had alot of growing pains that only come from trial by fire. Early in the season he seemed incapable of making adjustments to lock teams down in the second half which is something that we as fans had grown accustomed to. I think given a proper roster he will make a good coordinator after seeing him make some successful adjustments at halftime in the latter half of the season.

We started using Barnes and CJ as standup rush ends/hybrid outside backers and blitzing much more over the last month. That's teh philosphy they want to use going forward and are recrutiing based on that.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linebackeru,

I am NOT making fun of you but I see a trend in your posts. You often write "teh" instead of "the" in your posts and it happens it the later half of your posts which suggests your rushing.

Sorry I am a Behaviorist and I just observe things. Oh and I know I have MULTIPLE errors in my posts because I rush and skip words. I just find it interesting that its always the same word for you though.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linebackeru,

I am NOT making fun of you but I see a trend in your posts. You often write "teh" instead of "the" in your posts and it happens it the later half of your posts which suggests your rushing.

Sorry I am a Behaviorist and I just observe things. Oh and I know I have MULTIPLE errors in my posts because I rush and skip words. I just find it interesting that its always the same word for you though.

LOL, its not just with the. I always have a problem hitting a vowel before the H key. Its across the board. No time for spell checks so it is what it is. If I catch them as I'm typing I'll correct, but don't go back atferwards
.:suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it seems with just that one word :L. Sorry just pointing out stupid stuff I notice. I have to find patterns or things out of the ordinary with the kids I work with who have Autism but Behavior, routines, patterns can be found in everyone.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it seems with just that one word :L. Sorry just pointing out stupid stuff I notice. I have to find patterns or things out of the ordinary with the kids I work with who have Autism but Behavior, routines, patterns can be found in everyone.

I do it with the 90% of the time, but it also happens with that, there, etc.......I actually had to correct that before I posted this one

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So any predictions on who replaces Vandy and Fisher?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So any predictions on who replaces Vandy and Fisher?

Godsey becomes OC is one thing I'm hearing and something I'd like a lot. BOB HC and QB coach.

LB coach, no idea, hearing the guy from CUSE, Lea bounced around. Seems like a guy on the rise and energetic recruiter and recruiting is at the hart of this decision.