• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible coaching changes

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only are major coaching changes facing the ML squad, behind the scenes the front office has dramatically overhauled the minor leagues.

These are big changes folks. Official names have yet to be announced, but an additional coach is being added to each level, in addition to new assistant personnel directors.

Also this should put to rest some concerns about the Giants' direction. They are absolutely committed to rebuilding the system, acknowledge their position. Rumors suggesting otherwise can be put to bed.

Giants aim to revive flagging minor league system
Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to Mr. David Bell.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to Mr. David Bell.

I like the call to action.

Can't wait to see what they do with this next draft and international signing class. I'm going to say that the Giants have a real good shot at bolstering this farm system quickly (not really going out on a limb there).

Potentially adding a top international prospect, a few top draft prospects, hopefully Ramos bursts onto the scene, perhaps a trade adds a little more.

The Giants are still fairly stacked with middle of the road guys, plenty of solid depth right now. This next cycle could add some real sweet top-end talent and make it a good system top to bottom.

Reactions: LHG

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the call to action.

Can't wait to see what they do with this next draft and international signing class. I'm going to say that the Giants have a real good shot at bolstering this farm system quickly (not really going out on a limb there).

Potentially adding a top international prospect, a few top draft prospects, hopefully Ramos bursts onto the scene, perhaps a trade adds a little more.

The Giants are still fairly stacked with middle of the road guys, plenty of solid depth right now. This next cycle could add some real sweet top-end talent and make it a good system top to bottom.
Like I said a few days ago, if this rebuild is handled correctly, we SUCK for just one more year. 2019 could be a 500 season and 2020 we could be back to elite.

Of course, to do that, Bum HAS to be traded, and I am not sure ownership has the stomach for that.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ishikawa is officially one of the new minor league coaches...

Reactions: LHG

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full list of coaches, plenty of familiar names. Also confirms the second AZL Team.

DRGohHbVoAAFqYt.jpg

DRGo2UUUEAEzQes.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some very interesting names...

Thomas Neal
Travis Ishikawa
Damon Minor
Steve Kline (big promotion)
Tom Treblehorn (didn’t realize he was still with the org)
Lee Smith (not new, but still impressive to have him working with the younglings)
Eliezer Zambrano
Matt Yourkin
Dave Clark
Ydwin Villegas

And that Pending guy is going to be busy.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thomas Neal
Travis Ishikawa
Damon Minor
Lee Smith (not new, but still impressive to have him working with the younglings)
Eliezer Zambrano
Matt Yourkin
Dave Clark
Ydwin Villegas

Pending was actually just inducted into the Hall of Fame, joining PTBNL and Cash Considerations.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pending was actually just inducted into the Hall of Fame, joining PTBNL and Cash Considerations.
But PTBNL and Cash Considerations still get confused for each other. It can be quite embarrassing.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thomas Neal
Travis Ishikawa
Damon Minor
Eliezer Zambrano
Matt Yourkin
Dave Clark
Ydwin Villegas

Looks like Eliezer Zambrano has retired.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Powell has prostate cancer and will be going under the knife on Tuesday to remove a tumor. If all goes well, he is expected to be in camp in about 3 weeks when pitchers and catchers report (holy shit, is it that soon already??).

Best wishes to him. But dayum, the injury bug is already hitting the Giants for ‘18. Not a good omen.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Powell has prostate cancer and will be going under the knife on Tuesday to remove a tumor. If all goes well, he is expected to be in camp in about 3 weeks when pitchers and catchers report (holy shit, is it that soon already??).

Best wishes to him. But dayum, the injury bug is already hitting the Giants for ‘18. Not a good omen.
Just saw that. Praying for a quick and full healing to his body.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking as someone who went through just such a scare (elevated PSA levels, but fortunately no cancer) -- if you're going to get the Big C, this is the one to get. He'll have radiation for a few months and be a bit weak, but he'll recover fully and have no problems.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the training wheels for Bobby?
I guess this basically says this off-season was Sabey-Sabes’ doing. Too bad. Evans was finally getting some love from local media and the fringe.

I guess he is back in the dog house...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this basically says this off-season was Sabey-Sabes’ doing. Too bad. Evans was finally getting some love from local media and the fringe.

I guess he is back in the dog house...
Not a whole lot of patience from the ownership for Evans. The team assembled in 2016 was mostly Sabean's but when the wheels fall off Evans seems to take the blame for it.