• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible coaching changes

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Righetti is now the "Special Assistant to the GM"

Steve Decker is now the "Special Assistant to Baseball operations"

Mark Gardner is just a special guy. (Sounds like he's jumping into a more scouting role)

Ron Wotus, Phil Nevin and Hensley Meulens are managerial candidates which is probably why the Giants didn't not comment on them.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Righetti is now the "Special Assistant to the GM"

Steve Decker is now the "Special Assistant to Baseball operations"

Mark Gardner is just a special guy. (Sounds like he's jumping into a more scouting role)

Ron Wotus, Phil Nevin and Hensley Meulens are managerial candidates which is probably why the Giants didn't not comment on them.
:D

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope they decide to actually do something with the international market. Their ignoring that entire side of the game (until Fox, of course) has been aggravating. And the Fox situation kinda ends up feeling a bit like Michael Tucker, the way they ended up shipping him off the next day (essentially).

I remember the Mouse Board going absolutely crazy concerning Michael $@!^#$%!@ Tucker.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprised to see rags go. even more surprised to see decker go but bam-bam retained.

with this major of a shake up, i would have preferred bochy retire and let the new manager pick and groom his staff. that is unless i'm reading wrong and the new manager is currently on staff and is just biding his time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprised to see rags go. even more surprised to see decker go but bam-bam retained.

with this major of a shake up, i would have preferred bochy retire and let the new manager pick and groom his staff. that is unless i'm reading wrong and the new manager is currently on staff and is just biding his time.
Bam Bam is likely the Manager-in-Waiting...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hensley Meulens

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably... but coming out of a down period, you'd like to get some excitement to build on. not saying he is/isn't the best hire (what do i know), but i'm not excited. a 90win season might sway things however
Boch still has 2 years before his current contract expires. BamBam ain’t pushing him out the door...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rays pitching coach, Jim Hickey, is the early favorite to take over for Rags. Maybe he will be able to do something with Moore?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is anyone thinking rags was/is a/the problem?

I really think it's just the Giants changing their philosophies.

They're bringing in a pitching coach, hitting coach, and farm director all from outside the organization, something this team just hasn't done in decades. They almost always promote from within, outside of the managerial position.

Something in my gut tells me this has been planned for a few years now and the stars aligned just right this offseason for them to make the change.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the prob was more...

Gardner

The bully was atrocious. It seemed they were never ready when they came into the game.
:stephena:
The bullpen had its problems but it was the least of the four main parts of the team. The starting rotation, the defense and the hitting underperformed much more than the bullpen did.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 managerial job remains, and no Giants coaches have been poached yet.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rays pitching coach, Jim Hickey, is the early favorite to take over for Rags. Maybe he will be able to do something with Moore?
Now that the Cubs are letting their pitching coach go, Hickey may go up there. With so many pitching coach positions coming open, I wonder if one of them will pluck Righetti from the Giants.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Cubs are letting their pitching coach go, Hickey may go up there. With so many pitching coach positions coming open, I wonder if one of them will pluck Righetti from the Giants.
I doubt it. Rags technically got a promotion. And he is a life-long Giants fan who has more money than he will ever need. I think he is a Giant for life.