• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Positional rankings in the AFC West

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the best wrs and it isn't close

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a shocker at the Jeremy Maclin news. I know he struggled with injuries this past year but he had been the most productive Chiefs WR in a very long time.
Cap mismanagement probably. A necessary evil. He was set to count 12.4 mm against the cap? Yea, I would've cut him loose too. The Chiefs are set up very much our beloved Broncos. Letting the D dictate the game.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"most proven" is only speaking to the past not the future. The word you are looking for is "potential". The Raiders have the "potential" with the best OL and a guy that in the past has shown to be a star RB that could capture some of that again could be the best. Proven though at this time that last year Lynch rushed for 0 yards. That is not proven production that is a guy who sat around for a year doing nothing.
I can only say......somebody shoot me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only say......somebody shoot me.

Feel very much the same way. Didn't figure I had to explain definitions of words like "most" and "proven".

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap mismanagement probably. A necessary evil. He was set to count 12.4 mm against the cap? Yea, I would've cut him loose too. The Chiefs are set up very much our beloved Broncos. Letting the D dictate the game.

They obviously feel like they have enough options to move on without him. He didn't have eye popping numbers in his second year with the team but he was pretty solid in 2015. The Chiefs had better hope someone emerges as a playmaking threat because Maclin being on the field had to be taken seriously, more so than any of their other WRs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They obviously feel like they have enough options to move on without him. He didn't have eye popping numbers in his second year with the team but he was pretty solid in 2015. The Chiefs had better hope someone emerges as a playmaking threat because Maclin being on the field had to be taken seriously, more so than any of their other WRs.

Maclin was the one WR that I actually had any concern with. To me this just allows teams to double Kelce all game long and feel good about that. They can leave the outside guys one-on-one and on passing downs focus on Kelce and/or Hill. I would give a team good odds of holding up in that situation.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize the Chiefs wouldn't have cut Maclin without a plan in place but right now that plan appears to be a "business" plan and not a "football" plan. That is to say, they don't believe he'll produce at levels worth his salary. I can't help but feel One of Maclin's biggest contributions in 2016 was availability: his presence on the field meant a threat down the field that they probably won't have this year. I can see Kelce getting double teamed a lot this season and an offensive performance similar to 2014 when they had no TDs by a WR.

My skepticism of the Raiders is already noted, but I like the Broncos chances against the Chiefs even more now.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to understand KC wide receiver philosophy and losing Mak seems kind of dumb when you look at roster but look at what they've done since Smith was their Qb. He doesn't really have the arm to go deep ( hasn't KC been at the top for years of passes under 20 yrds and the least over that mark ? ) Because of Smith, they've relied on solid run game and backs that can catch ball well and break off big chunks after catch plus guys like Hill that can take a 5 yd slant and go distance. As long as A Smith is there, Maclin is a waste if the system and Qb rarely go deep. KC needs to move on from Reid and AS if they want to go deep in PO's and be able to use a guy like Macklin to stretch field on a consistent basis. Look at Denver right now. Until they show they can stretch field with whoever is at helm, they're going to have problems getting DT and Sanders, viable respect that they deserve. Denver has more talent at wr than any team in West but unless they have the Qb and run game to utilize those guys......their no better off. A resurgence of run game will open up Denver's top wrs to have huge year. If in A. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is CD and Randymon agreeing with each other a sign of the coming apocalypse? We are getting close to the lions laying down with the lambs territory here.

It is nice to see that in a random universe - these things can happen.