• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Popular Bands You Don't Like

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What non-metal popular groups from say the 60s/70s/80s do you like if any ?

I like a lot of the funk/soul/blues music from the 60’s and 70’s. James Brown, Chuck Brown, Parliament. Not a ton of 80’s bands right off the top of my head, other than Queen and some Duran Duran.

For other non-metal stuff I like, they’ve been mentioned quite a bit as disliked in here, but I really like Dave Matthews Band. I like early Alanis, Lorde, Joss Stone, The White Stripes/Jack White, Edwin McCain.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're popular, there's a 9 in 10 chance that I don't care for them in the first place.

Radio music is typically the dregs of music. Very little substance, too much style.

If my radio is on it's either on a.m. sportstalk, classical, NPR, sometimes the roots country station (oldies), and my transmitter signal 91.1 which has thousands of tracks and albums.

Kenny Chesney...I love specific timeframes of Country music. His isn't one...and if he's been or currently is the pinnacle of the business then he's the King of Shit of which I'm not sure describes the actual situation.

His voice normally sounds just like the functioning illiterate bait shop employee that says "minners".

"King of Shit" = most shitty. Sad.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mixed feeling about the Dead. I really like some of their songs, but some of them sounds like straight shit.

But, they never should have touched Mama Tried or Catfish John.
I disagree.

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll add a few metal bands too for good measure:

Judas Priest
Motley Crue
Sepultura
HELLYEAH

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost forgot

Ghost

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Michael Jackson to my list.

Effeminate males don't make good singers IMO. Personal life notwithstanding, his music is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Beatles are basically a 60's version of the Backstreet Boys.

George Harrison was good as a solo artist, but as a group, I just can't do it. They sound like shit to me, and they butchered a Buck Owens classic.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were great live, IMO. Saw em' open for Maiden last year.

I've been to a few shows that I didn't like who was playing one of the sets, but ended up enjoying the show.

I went to a Kid Rock show a few years ago because Jamey Johnson was the opening act, and ended up having a real good time during Kid Rock's set. Still don't listen to his music, but he put on a good show.

And I've been to shows of people that I do like and it was terrible.

David Allan Coe was good for the 20 minutes he played before he got pissed off and walked off stage, but Drivin N Cryin was so bad live, it was almost comical.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to a few shows that I didn't like who was playing one of the sets, but ended up enjoying the show.

I went to a Kid Rock show a few years ago because Jamey Johnson was the opening act, and ended up having a real good time during Kid Rock's set. Still don't listen to his music, but he put on a good show.

And I've been to shows of people that I do like and it was terrible.

David Allan Coe was good for the 20 minutes he played before he got pissed off and walked off stage, but Drivin N Cryin was so bad live, it was almost comical.
Jerry Jeff Walker always put on a damn good show.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chewbaccer,

What do you think of Tracy Byrd and Mark Chesnutt? They both have come out with some throwback material recently. They were my favorite 90's country acts.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chewbaccer,

What do you think of Tracy Byrd and Mark Chesnutt? They both have come out with some throwback material recently. They were my favorite 90's country acts.

I'm a pretty big fan of Mark Chesnutt. "Too Cold at Home" might top my list for best song since 1990. I've seen him a few times, met him once. Have a signed picture, a guitar pick and a drum stick.

Tracy Byrd I'm more or less neutral to. Had some good songs, but never really was one of my favorites.