• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Popular Bands You Don't Like

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early Aerosmith was good, but yeah when Tyler started looking like a goony monster soccer mom they sucked, if I never hear that song from Armageddon again i'll die a happy man!

The album.....Pump. Liked them before that album.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are an acquired taste, as the continually pushed the boundaries and never pigeon-holed themselves to a style. Almost every album is different.

I used to be feel the same way, but in the last 6 years or so, I have regained a profound respect for em'. They were weird af, and that piques my interest.

Odds and Sods.....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Beatles are basically a 60's version of the Backstreet Boys.

George Harrison was good as a solo artist, but as a group, I just can't do it. They sound like shit to me, and they butchered a Buck Owens classic.

I love you hoss, but you are wrong here.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you hoss, but you are wrong here.

Just ain't my style. Never has been, probably never will be. I'm capable of changing my mind though like I have with the Rolling Stones, so you never can tell.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be good:

The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
U2
Steve Miller Band
Jimmy Buffet
The Grateful Dead
REM
Aerosmith
Pink Floyd
The Doors
Depeche Mode
The Cure

Probably more to come.

Pink Floyd??

You're dead to me.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Patsy Cline.

IMO, if not for a plane crash, she wouldn't be remembered, and her pop songs that were called country were on the way out anyways with Johnny Cash, Buck Owens and George Jones really starting to take off at the time with Merle Haggard right around the corner.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And back to the OP.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Journey.

FUcking terrible. Never heard a Journey song that I liked, and "Don't Stop Believing" is one of the most overrated songs of all time.

They're an also ran on my list. They'd be higher but I figure it's nearly all guys who post here and how many guys like Journey ?

Van Halen
Queen
Rush
Kiss
Pearl Jam
Radiohead after their first couple albums

and probably not as controversial

Foreigner
Journey
Kansas
Boston

off the top of my head

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're an also ran on my list. They'd be higher but I figure it's nearly all guys who post here and how many guys like Journey ?

You'd be surprised. My high school was a bit of a weird mix of people from more affluent, suburban communities like Hickory Flat, and those of us from the sticks in Ball Ground and Free Home. "Don't Stop Believing" was the anthem for the sissified Hickory Flat kids, and I graduated HS in 2009.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I’m mostly a metal head.

I used the feel the same as the OP about AC/DC, but they grew on me over the years and now Bon Scott era shit is pretty high up on my list.

The others though, the ones that you can’t fathom someone not liking, most were before my time but I have certainly heard plenty and they just don’t do it for me. Some of them I can explain (Zepplin ripped off WAY too many artists for me to have any respect for them, The Doors with those fucking keyboards make me want to jab knives in my ears), but some of them I don’t know if I really have a valid reason.

And it’s not that I’m as closed minded as chewbaccer because I actually like a lot of shit that isn’t heavy.

What non-metal popular groups from say the 60s/70s/80s do you like if any ?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shrug:

Pretty sure I’ve said that to you directly before.

But if you'd pay attention, you'd find that I like a lot of rock, a lot of heavy metal and even some punk. It's just Outlaw Country and old school honky tonk is my favorite, and for some reason, that bothers you. Must be your narrow mind.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any band with a heavy blues influence can be accused of ripping something off. Tom Petty nailed it when he was asked about his thoughts on accusations that the chili peppers ripped off Mary Jane's last Dance.

About as simple as it can be summed up. Both songs in question above could be accused of ripping off Sweet Home Alabama, by the way.

Yeah, but LZ took it to another level. I don't knock their music for it as much as their ethics. They made all of the songs they copped so much better, but their Dazed & Confused was a song actually named Dazed & Confused with that opening descending melody and similar words, by a guy who opened for the Yardbirds. Nobody ever would have heard of it if Page hadn't reworked it. But it took him decades to get any credit or money out of them. Just pay the guy. It's his song.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but LZ took it to another level. I don't knock their music for it as much as their ethics. They made all of the songs they copped so much better, but their Dazed & Confused was a song actually named Dazed & Confused with that opening descending melody and similar words, by a guy who opened for the Yardbirds. Nobody ever would have heard of it if Page hadn't reworked it. But it took him decades to get any credit or money out of them. Just pay the guy. It's his song.

On the flip side, and I say this as a guy that likes the Stones, they went after whoever sang that song "Bitter Sweet Symphony" because it used an orchestra version of "The Last Time" in the background. Now Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have songwriting credit for a song(that I'm not a fan of by the way) that sounds nothing like their song in question.

Always thought that was a little bit of dirty pool there.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be surprised. My high school was a bit of a weird mix of people from more affluent, suburban communities like Hickory Flat, and those of us from the sticks in Ball Ground and Free Home. "Don't Stop Believing" was the anthem for the sissified Hickory Flat kids, and I graduated HS in 2009.

My wife and I had just started dating when they became very popular. We were 20-ish and going to concerts and music were an important part of our lives... she said she could never date a guy who liked Journey and was relieved I didn't. I thought that was rather extreme, but I get it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, and I say this as a guy that likes the Stones, they went after whoever sang that song "Bitter Sweet Symphony" because it used an orchestra version of "The Last Time" in the background. Now Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have songwriting credit for a song(that I'm not a fan of by the way) that sounds nothing like their song in question.

Always thought that was a little bit of dirty pool there.

I agree. I don't hear it either. But the story is that Andrew Loog Oldham, who was the Stones manager from their start through 1967, released a little heard orchestral version of "The Last Time" .. not sure when. Bittersweet Symphony is a dead ringer. I honestly don't hear much "The Last Time" here either, but that's what it is.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don't hear it either. But the story is that Andrew Loog Oldham, who was the Stones manager from their start through 1967, released a little heard orchestral version of "The Last Time" .. not sure when. Bittersweet Symphony is a dead ringer.

Yeah, I can definitely hear it there.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The grateful dead for me. Though I have friends who followed them cross country

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The grateful dead for me. Though I have friends who followed them cross country

I have mixed feeling about the Dead. I really like some of their songs, but some of them sounds like straight shit.

But, they never should have touched Mama Tried or Catfish John.