• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL} The Best Overall Hitter In The Past 30 Years ?......

Your pick ..

• Ken Giffey Jr.

• Jim Thome

• Frank Thomas

• Albert Pujuis

• Manny Ramirez

• Miguel Cabrera

• David Ortiz

• Chipper Jones

• Some Cheating POS

• Tater Salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy and it's not close.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels won the division two years ago.

They've been under .500 twice in the last 13 years. Let's pump the breaks on the awful
State of their franchise for a second. Keep in mind, they have the best player in the game under contract and he most likely hasn't peaked.

Well, my suggestion was to consider trading him after this season or next, not trade him right now for whatever they could get.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the direction they are heading in, not where they have been, that looks so bleak

Nothing in the farm system, an aging shell of a first basemen is easily their 2nd best player
They're in Southern California, they can buy parts.

They can't get another Trout.

Pujols is old as, well, dirt. But he'd be the best hitter on a few teams.(Atleast one in that division.) There is bleak and then there's bleak without the best player in the world.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my suggestion was to consider trading him after this season or next, not trade him right now for whatever they could get.
That's slightly less crazy.

Still somewhat crazy though.

I'd trade an entire farm system for Trout. And an entire big league bullpen. Lord knows I haven't seen either in over a decade.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cabrera, Gretzky, Ruth come to mind. All bad decisions.

Ruth - was sold for money, not traded, and honestly, I'm not going to pretend that I know the ins and outs of a transaction that took place nearly a century ago, or that it offers any insight on how to proceed within the financial realities of 2017 MLB.

Gretzky - All I know about him is he was really good at a sport no one watches and I'd fuck the brains out of his daughter.

Cabrera - That was more of a financial move, born from the financial realities of MLB. Was it the best for the team's immediate W/L record when the Indians traded Sabathia, Lee and Martinez? Of course not, but they were going to go anyway, so the Indians did their best to get something back.

Maybe your notion of "you never trade away great MLB talent" comes from being a fan of a team with an AMAZING owner, who threw a disproportionate amount of cash at his team relative to its revenue. For your sake, I hope that doesn't change now that Mr Ilitich is gone. For my sake, if they do keep spending like they have, I hope they continue filling the FO with retards.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't a crap argument, and I expect readers to have the ability to follow reasoning, I won't baby sit.

Dude. You need help. Put these on:

water-wings_48710_3.jpg

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say only three more years like that isn't a long time.

Fair point, but I'd say that realistically, if they're not in REAL good shape to contend in that third year, he'll likely be traded after the second.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruth - was sold for money, not traded, and honestly, I'm not going to pretend that I know the ins and outs of a transaction that took place nearly a century ago, or that it offers any insight on how to proceed within the financial realities of 2017 MLB.

Gretzky - All I know about him is he was really good at a sport no one watches and I'd fuck the brains out of his daughter.

Cabrera - That was more of a financial move, born from the financial realities of MLB. Was it the best for the team's immediate W/L record when the Indians traded Sabathia, Lee and Martinez? Of course not, but they were going to go anyway, so the Indians did their best to get something back.

Maybe your notion of "you never trade away great MLB talent" comes from being a fan of a team with an AMAZING owner, who threw a disproportionate amount of cash at his team relative to its revenue. For your sake, I hope that doesn't change now that Mr Ilitich is gone. For my sake, if they do keep spending like they have, I hope they continue filling the FO with retards.

I'd love to bang that little whore

That's all I got on the subject

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 is obviously Barry Bonds and that big head of his with his late career 'surge' that totally isnt cheating at all. Sure.

Fenway and Comerica are hitter parks, right?

I'd lean towards Pujols 2, Manny 3, Miggy 4 and Big Hurt 5 but I think Pujols might play his way down the list. I think I could take the argument that he has already fallen below Manny.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to bang that little whore

That's all I got on the subject

FOR SURE.

It is a bit creepy though that she's got her dad's number tattooed so close to her honeypot (see below photo with bonus pokies and toe). No matter, I guess. I'd probably only see it for a few seconds before I pulled out and covered it with a half pint of wad.

pgretzky_tat02.jpg

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOR SURE.

It is a bit creepy though that she's got her dad's number tattooed so close to her honeypot (see below photo with bonus pokies and toe). No matter, I guess. I'd probably only see it for a few seconds before I pulled out and covered it with a half pint of wad.

pgretzky_tat02.jpg

Pubes sneaking through the top

I think she banged the entire LA Kings roster

Looks exactly like her Mom when she was younger, she was a smoke show in her time

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd never trade young, once in a generation talent, regardless of sport.

I really can't think of a single example that worked out well for the team trading the known commodity. Just gave the three examples that didn't work that seemed the best comparison, talent wise. (Frank Robinson was pushing 30 and the BigRed Machine happened, so I didn't list it. Kevin Garnett was old enough too.). Hershall Walker I guess would be the one. But that's a different beast with instant impact draft picks. Baseball is the hardest to gauge even from AAA and that's typically years after being drafted.

Still don't know what the Indians were doing with those moves. Giving up was how I took it.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd never trade young, once in a generation talent, regardless of sport.

I really can't think of a single example that worked out well for the team trading the known commodity. Just gave the three examples that didn't work that seemed the best comparison, talent wise. (Frank Robinson was pushing 30 and the BigRed Machine happened, so I didn't list it. Kevin Garnett was old enough too.). Hershall Walker I guess would be the one. But that's a different beast with instant impact draft picks. Baseball is the hardest to gauge even from AAA and that's typically years after being drafted.

Still don't know what the Indians were doing with those moves. Giving up was how I took it.

What did the Marlins receive for Miggy?

Im pretty sure it didnt work out well for the Marlins, i just dont remember the package

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point, but I'd say that realistically, if they're not in REAL good shape to contend in that third year, he'll likely be traded after the second.
Might as well move to Barstow.

I'd just extend the guy personally. Unless there's something I don't know about Mike Trout not enjoying himself where he's at? Not many landing spots will be able to offer him more.

Unless he's dying to live in New Jersey during the summer again.... idk. I assume he's Angel his entire career tbh. Like a true great.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well move to Barstow.

I'd just extend the guy personally. Unless there's something I don't know about Mike Trout not enjoying himself where he's at? Not many landing spots will be able to offer him more.

Unless he's dying to live in New Jersey during the summer again.... idk. I assume he's Angel his entire career tbh. Like a true great.

If he continues to play like this and reaches UFA, he'll get $45-50MM/year. I just don't see the Angels doing that. Anything can happen, but I'd be surprised.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did the Marlins receive for Miggy?

Im pretty sure it didnt work out well for the Marlins, i just dont remember the package
Burke Badenhop, Andrew Miller(the starter), Cam Maybin(took Clemens deep, value spiked) and Mike Rabbelo(maybe not him). The first three for sure.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burke Badenhop, Andrew Miller(the starter), Cam Maybin(took Clemens deep, value spiked) and Mike Rabbelo(maybe not him). The first three for sure.

Gotcha, Miller and Maybin were the key pieces....Miller was projected as a future #1 and Maybin came up as a 5 tool future star