• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoffs DIV Round vs JAGS 2.0

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was equally as painfull as watching them get embarrassed by the Pats last season. Same Steelers, different season. Wash & repeat.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me that wasn't real. Tomlin, Haley and Butler have to go if this team wants to win another Super Bowl title.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it for you guys. The 2017 Steelers were better than the results. See you next year.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it for you guys. The 2017 Steelers were better than the results. See you next year.....
Same story, different year. All that potential, but nothing to show for it. It'll make for some shiny cliff-notes on the Steelers history pages though for all those cherry-pickers out there.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pulling for the Steelers. I really wanted to see a rematch. Steelers/Patriots is a real rivalry.

In all honesty, I think the Steelers really need to get rid of Tomlin and his crew. They made some really stupid calls and killed the team's momentum at least three times. Even Ben was was furious with the play calling and decisions that screwed them. There were shots of Tomlin on the sideline where he actually looked like he was going just break down and cry and that was in the first half.......

I'll coach them next year for free and I guarnatee I'll get them into the AFCCG.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Jags...hats off.

Honestly I'm not surprised at the end result...how they got there, obviously disappointing, but that was a little surprising to see the DEF get punked on their home field for 35 pts by an OFC that looked about as anemic as one could look on their own home field the previous week.

Just to finish what I started.

OFC...4 of 5...valiant effort to get the team back into it, but the 4th and 1 play call, the wide pitch to Bell vs a fast DEF was one of the more stupid play calls I've ever seen Haley make. Early, but that was a game changing play. I think Ben panicked and held the ball trying to make something happen on the strip sack as a result of being down 3 possessions. The OL found something at the half and made a game of it, but they were 2 scores better until garbage time. I think Haley needs to go for sure....obviously there was some disconnect with Ben. Bell...we'll see but I'm ready for plan B at RB.

DEF...1 of 5...there's a whole lot of negative stuff I can write here, but I'm going to keep it simple...they couldn't get off the field on 3rd down...period. That's why they lost the game. Time and time and time and time again...not covering a RB on a 3rd a long...I about lost it there.

ST...4 of 5...Did there job.

Outlook...We waited 20 days to see the DEF play their worse game of the year. Better now than take that shit up to NE again. IMO this was AFCCG or bust season so, clearly they failed my expectations. Looking ahead...starting with Tomlin...Just too many missed assignments in the final game on DEF...I don't expect a change here, but I don't think he can/will or should bring back the entire staff.

OC...Obviously a solid unit that got better as the season went on. But, I think it's time to move on from the Ben/Haley project. At this stage of his career Ben should go out with a OC he really wants to work with and Randy Fichtner seems to fit the mold. With Ben already saying he expects to be back next year, I'm starting to get the sense Haley won't be back.

Coach Munchak...I've heard it said that he wants to stay east for family reasons, but he apparently did interview with AZ for the ir HC job, so there is a chance he could get that job and hopefully Tomlin can keep Shaun Sarrett and move him up to OL coach.

Coach Mann...I thought I heard he's retiring...not sure but, if so they will be another position coach to hire.

FA...I don't see them doing much on OFC in FA if Bell resigns, but I expect them to look at vet in FA if he moves on....I've seen the name Gore which I like with Connor.

Draft...Again, pending the Bell situation RB moves up or down the priority line. TE...OL depth. I think Bryant will be a Steeler next year, but if not WR becomes a bigger target.

DC...a stunning ending to a pretty good season so I don't want to throw it all on Butler, but this unit laid a huge egg yesterday and I think it wasn't just Shazier not being on the field. I think Butler is probably safe, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Porter not be retained.

FA...I think they will take a hard look at a ready made ILB, maybe a Kevin Minter. DL...I think they will dip into the FA market again for depth here.

Draft...Unless some kid falls into their lap at 28...I don't expect PIT to take a QB. ILB, FS, Edge have to be high on their mind...CB....I think every yr they need to take one, but some growing concern about Burns.

Again...a failed season by my account...we'll see how they reshape the 2018 version of the Steelers.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO... How did I miss this:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive coaches need to answer how you can go all season (including pre and off) and not figure out how to cover and tackle RBs catching the ball out of the backfield with the guys you have/had. How can you not expect dump downs when the whole leagues does that now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive coaches need to answer how you can go all season (including pre and off) and not figure out how to cover and tackle RBs catching the ball out of the backfield with the guys you have/had. How can you not expect dump downs when the whole leagues does that now.
Nickel coverages with nobody in the flats is the easiest scheme to exploit. With Watt & Dupree's coverage abilites I would have kept 4-3 base with the secondary in man-coverage. JAX would have been hard-pressed to gain much off dump passes against that set.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nickel coverages with nobody in the flats is the easiest scheme to exploit. With Watt & Dupree's coverage abilites I would have kept 4-3 base with the secondary in man-coverage. JAX would have been hard-pressed to gain much off dump passes against that set.
See, you just did it. But the Steelers' never seemed to adjust against Jacksonville.