• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Washington

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the one good news from all of this is that Ohio State got in with out winning their conference or even their division of their conference so Notre Dame shouldn't need to win one either.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the one good news from all of this is that Ohio State got in with out winning their conference or even their division of their conference so Notre Dame shouldn't need to win one either.
Very true, however the Committee still probably will affect us because of that in the future.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference championships have less meaning since Penn State didn't get in. If Virginia Tech, Colorado, and Florida would have won; they still wouldn't have gotten in. I think the conference championship game should be based on the top 2 teams in the conference and not the top 1's in their division.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that the NCAA got it wrong. I still dont get how OSU is in. They couldnt even make it to their Finals of their Conference Championship and its weird that the other 3 teams that are in did make it and won. PSU deserved to be in. They won 9 in a row, beat OSU, Won their division and won the conference. NCAA actions showed Conference Championship means nothing or even getting there. Its not like we are talking about an 8-4 or 9-3 PSU team. THis is a PSU that won both division and Conference in the toughest Conferece this year. Reward them. Look im not saying u have to win it because lets say Bama lost to Florida they should still make it. Im just saying u need to reward the right teams. OSU didnt do much this year. Yes credit for a Oklahoma win early in the season(Oklahoma was better later in the season), close wins against teams like MSU, Nwestern(not a good look). Its not like they wowed anyone. If they wowed everyone and then only lost to PSU then maybe I can understand. Again this is my opinion.

My 2nd disagreement is in No way OSU should be #3. If the NCAA wanted them in the playoffs the highest seed would be #4. Wash again is a Conference champion. I would of went like this. U need to reward teams for winning. They had the same Loss record then OSU and had to play 1 more game and won their championship.
1)Bama
2)Clemson
3)Wash
4)PSU/OSU

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do they need to go to the BCS format but have the top 4 teams in the playoff?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes credit for a Oklahoma win early in the season(Oklahoma was better later in the season), close wins against teams like MSU, Nwestern(not a good look). Its not like they wowed anyone. If they wowed everyone and then only lost to PSU then maybe I can understand. Again this is my opinion.

Well, we certainly were penalized for "close" wins last year. We were sitting in 4th place until we won, albeit closely, against Wake Forest and BC. We caused our own problems by not beating Stanford, but by then the damage was done, we weren't going to pass OU for the last playoff spot even with a Stanford win, unless it was like 50-0 which it never would have been anyway.

See, this is what happens when you repeat success year in and year out though. You get that benefit of the doubt. ND used to get that until about the mid-2000's. In fact, that was always the battle cry of the haters, how much undeserved love ND would get. But by the mid-2000's after back to back BCS bowl embarassments, and a 3-9 season, and ever since it has burned up its goodwill to earn the benefit of the doubt. OSU's record since Urban's arrival has earned them the benefit of the doubt, unfortunately.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we certainly were penalized for "close" wins last year. We were sitting in 4th place until we won, albeit closely, against Wake Forest and BC. We caused our own problems by not beating Stanford, but by then the damage was done, we weren't going to pass OU for the last playoff spot even with a Stanford win, unless it was like 50-0 which it never would have been anyway.

See, this is what happens when you repeat success year in and year out though. You get that benefit of the doubt. ND used to get that until about the mid-2000's. In fact, that was always the battle cry of the haters, how much undeserved love ND would get. But by the mid-2000's after back to back BCS bowl embarassments, and a 3-9 season, and ever since it has burned up its goodwill to earn the benefit of the doubt. OSU's record since Urban's arrival has earned them the benefit of the doubt, unfortunately.
This is so true. Not its the other way around they tr and find a reason not to put ND in it

I still wish if they gift wrapped this playoffs to OSU they should at least put them 4th. U know NCAA didnt want a Bama vs OSU 1st rd match up. U know they want either a Bama vs Clemson rematch or Bama vs OSU rematch from 2 years ago that happen in the 1st rd and look what happen OSU crushing Oregon in the Finals. They learned their lesson I guess.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really want is the teams that have the best chance to beat Alabama. Ohio State-Maybe, Washington-No, Clemson-No. I have a feeling Alabama is going to roll. I think USC, Michigan, Penn State, and Oklahoma are better than Clemson and Washington. Lets face it, there needs to be an 8 team playoff.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really want is the teams that have the best chance to beat Alabama. Ohio State-Maybe, Washington-No, Clemson-No. I have a feeling Alabama is going to roll. I think USC, Michigan, Penn State, and Oklahoma are better than Clemson and Washington. Lets face it, there needs to be an 8 team playoff.
I been talking up a 6 team playoff. seed 1 and 2 get a bye kind of like the NFL. 1st week of playoffs would start Christmas week, next rd New Years eve week and then NC that next Monday. Its that simple. I really think 6 teams would make it much better. This year is a perfect example of more teams deserving to be in. Les be honest someone is always not going to be happy not being picked but this year showed the 4 team is flawed. PSU needs to be in the playoffs. People want to talk about how they lost to Pitt early in the season but Pitt also beat Clemson. PSU was the best team in the B10.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like an 8 team playoff with each power 5 conference getting their champion in and then 3 at large bids.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like an 8 team playoff with each power 5 conference getting their champion in and then 3 at large bids.
there will still be the same controversies about who should get in.
i honestly think that because nobody plays the same schedules it should go back to the old way. no playoffs at all. just decide who the best team was and be done with it.
of course, money will never allow that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a fan of 6 to 8 team playoff. Nothing more then that. I like 6 more because to be Honest there is never really 8 teams that deserve it. This year was exception. Most of the time its between 4-6 teams that deserve a shot.

My 8 Team would be:
1)Bama
2)Clemson
3)Wash
4)PSU
5)OSU
6)Oklahoma

7)Mich
8)USC

Bold would be my top 6 with Bama and Clemson getting the bye. Week 1 playoff Wash vs Oklahoma and PSU vs OSU. That is a great 1st week.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we in agreement with the 8 best teams? I agree with Purguy12