• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Prediction time!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff:

Other "New Year's Six" games:

Fiesta Bowl: Texas over Washington
giphy.gif

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as one of them can play a team from the MAC.

1 year ago...

It was #3 Clemson over #2 Ohio St 31-0
It was #9 USC over #5 Penn St 52-49
It was #10 Fla St over #6 Mich 33-32

Props on #8 Wisconsin beating West Mich 24-16

There's a reason why they don't run Mules in the Kentucky Derby

PSU and Michigan could've easily won their matchups and PSU was up by 2 TD's at one point. If all three of the other games were blowouts then you might of had some validity to your point.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU and Michigan could've easily won their matchups and PSU was up by 2 TD's at one point. If all three of the other games were blowouts then you might of had some validity to your point.

I see...This is the "quality losses" that I have been reading about.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is retarded. OSU was a really good team but was by a landslide the least experienced team in the nation. Also our OC was a total joke and that game exposed that. Problem solved. PSU and michigan were both inched out in what were home games for USC and Florida State, so not sure how that proves your point.

Home Game for FSU?

500 miles from our campus and playing on the home turf of one of our bitter rivals.
With Home Fields like that, we don't need away games

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home Game for FSU?

500 miles from our campus and playing on the home turf of one of our bitter rivals.
With Home Fields like that, we don't need away games
As opposed to 1400 miles away for michigan in a state that is obviously far, far more Seminole than wolverine? Yeah, it might as well have been a home game.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff predictions for 2018!

Yep... I'm digging up this thread again! All because this is the perfect place for me to put my CFB playoff picks in.
And since I did better at it last year than in 2016, I'm feeling confident when I say that THIS is how the 2018 "New Year's Six" will shape up:

CFP Semifinals:
Orange Bowl: Clemson over Auburn (If Auburn's gonna get in the playoff, they might be at #1 simply due to the fact that they would've beaten Georgia [twice, most likely] and Alabama to get here. Problem is, Clemson's defense will not care; they'll shut Jarret Stidham down.)
Cotton Bowl: Wisconsin over Oklahoma (I see Oklahoma getting in, mainly because their schedule isn't too bad. Trouble is, the Big 10 is at a VERY high point right now, and a battle-tested Badgers team will teach the Sooners that.)
Clemson over Wisconsin in the championship game: (I love the Clemson defense, and I have faith that Dabo Sweeney and crew will fix any problems on offense, so I see Wisconsin falling short against the mighty Tigers. It's just like Lindy's magazine says: "There is a reason that [these defensive players] are sticking around. They'll get fitted for rings.")

Other "New Year's Six" games:
Rose Bowl: Washington vs. Michigan State (The last time the Huskies and Spartans faced each other, it was in 1997 in the Aloha Bowl. Should be fun to see them in Pasadena come New Year's)
Sugar Bowl: TCU vs. Alabama (In 2018, Alabama will stumble briefly. Sadly for them, it'll be enough to deny them a repeat title. Will the Horned Frogs be ready for this challenge?)
Fiesta Bowl: Boise State vs. Notre Dame (If the Irish get 10 wins, this is where they'll end up for bowl season. And Boise would be ecstatic; how cool would it be for them and the "Group of Five" if they stun the Irish?)
Peach Bowl: Georgia vs. Miami (...Sorry, Urban Meyer. With all this noise around your program right now, I can't put you in a big-time bowl just yet. But on the positive side, this would be a great southern-fried contest in good-ol' Atlanta.)

...And I'm done! Do what you wish with my predictions, but as long as I get the Clemson pick right, I don't care.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama being left out of the playoff is a bold move

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisky over Oky -

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bookmarked for later "I tol' ya so"

Actually I would love to see this scenario played out. If Wisconsin makes the playoff, they will have already played and defeated 3 of the top 6-7 defenses in Michigan, Peen St and Ohio State. Clemson won't scare us.

The best DL vs the best OL. It'll be a war.