• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Lineup???

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the talk was how the dodgers could not hit lefties.

I still think soler can change the game, but he has to expand a little. I want him back tonight, at least have him get some consistent at bats. Baez needs to play short for Russell tonight against the lefty. I really think 2 runs would have knocked hill out in the second where he was being chased by flies but Joes over thinking and having Addy and Montero at bat closed the game right there.

I thought the turning point for rizzo was when he hit the ball on the street 10 feet foul against Kershaw.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maddon overthinking game 3 is frustrating. There is never an acceptable reason to start Soler over Heyward. However, when you start Soler for his offense then PH for him with Coghlan and then PH Heyward, who you didn't start because of his offense, for Addy WTF?!?!?! Bryant, Javy and Contreras are really the only ones that have been hitting in the postseason so why if building a lineup for offense over defense did Soler get the start and not Contreras?!?!?!

I'm not even going to start on the bullpen usage. Putting Chapman in multiple times with runners on, which is not a good situation for him to enter a game in. Having a short, one batter, leash with his high leverage relievers. The series is still very winnable going into game 4, but Maddon needs to step back and stick to the formula that worked so well in the regular season. Hopefully that broken bat single in the 9th will get Rizzo going, although taking two walks he's clearly seeing the ball and has made some good contract, but that should help with any mental blocks he could have been having.
Pinch hitting lefties in for a righty pitcher was the exact right thing to do, especially when the righty hitters weren't doing squat.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maddon has had a rough post season no doubt. When your big guns don't produce though, it's gonna be hard. I had no problem with starting Soler last night, just wish he would have gotten another AB or two. I thought he had a really good first AB. I honestly don't like when him and Baez play at the same time because of the K, but Javy is pretty hot. I didn't understand hitting for Russel with Heyward. .045 to .111- small sample size but I like Addy better vs Blanton than I did Hill. It's odd but I wouldn't mind seeing Almora in there tonight.

As far as the relievers , Maddon is playing Larussa. I know what the stats say and I do love Travis Wood, but Strop and Rondon have been setup men or closers all year. They aren't used to inherited runners. Let them make their own messes, instead of trying to bail people out.

It's easy to second guess. Baseball is so damn hard

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more stinking game boys and girls! Let's put 2003 to rest for good