• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff League Question

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was wondering if I could get some input on a gameplan for the last two weeks of my playoff league. PPR league and I have to fill 1 QB, 2-3 RBs, 2-3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, and 1 K, for a total of 9 players. Players can only be used once throughout the playoffs. Here's some of the better players I have left (This week lineup bolded, plan for next week italicized):

QB: Newton, Brady, Palmer, Manning
RB: D. Johnson, Stewart, White, Anderson, Hillman, Bolden, Ellington, Jackson, Tolbert
WR: Edelman, Fitzgerald, Sanders, Floyd, J. Brown, Ginn, Lafell, Cotchery, C. Brown, Funchess, Amendola, Nelson
TE: Gronkowski, Olsen, Daniels, Fells
D/ST: Panthers, Patriots, Broncos, Cardinals
K: Gano, Gostkowski, Catanzaro, McManus

Obviously, next week's rosters depend on who wins this weekend, but I am predicting New England and Carolina to get through. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand. A two week gameplan, but you can only start someone once?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... I missed the italics part... I don't see any arguments for your plan.... except maybe McManus over Gostkowski this week.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand. A two week gameplan, but you can only start someone once?
Sorry if I wasn't clear...there are no "rosters" for this league. The roster is assembled each week throughout the playoffs, and multiple owners can have the same player (like daily fantasy). The only limitation is that once you use a player one week, you cannot use that same player for the remaining weeks. For example, I used Demaryius Thomas last week, so I can't use him for the rest of the playoffs.

I am trying to plan out who I want to start this week, with an eye on who I think will be available for me to start for Super Bowl week.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will Norman be covering I wonder? My guess is Floyd so I might swap him out this week.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will Norman be covering I wonder? My guess is Floyd so I might swap him out this week.
I originally had Edelman in for Floyd, but that would screw me for WRs next week if Arizona gets beat. Maybe I'll do some research and see who the matchups are expected to be. Could put Brown in there, too.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I originally had Edelman in for Floyd, but that would screw me for WRs next week if Arizona gets beat. Maybe I'll do some research and see who the matchups are expected to be. Could put Brown in there, too.

I agree about saving Edelman. And yes, I might put Brown in there if my Floyd vs Norman thought comes true.... tough to "know" what's going to happen I guess.