• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: PLayoff action: Atlanta @ Philadelphia 4:35pm ET on NBC

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think people that know football know how great Eli was in both playoff runs in 2007 and 2011, they have this Google thing out there where you can actually look it up....

Dont give the Giants defense too much credit, neither defense was a Top 15 unit those seasons, they just got lucky and ran into Tom Brady
Those defensive lines were amazing. The Giants scored what the league averaged against the Patriots all season and won in 2007. You can give season long stats all you want, but those defensive lines ran offenses ragged during the playoffs. Usually when Brady loses in the playoffs it is against an amazing defensive line. Both of those Super Bowls were prime examples.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Eagles won so much as the Falcons lost. They go hot and cold. Not a team to bet for, or against.
:scratch:

Eagles defense played fantastic and the offense was solid other than the early fumbles. Not sure which game you were watching. The only team that made big mistakes was the Eagles.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those defensive lines were amazing. The Giants scored what the league averaged against the Patriots all season and won in 2007. You can give season long stats all you want, but those defensive lines ran offenses ragged during the playoffs. Usually when Brady loses in the playoffs it is against an amazing defensive line. Both of those Super Bowls were prime examples.

Eli Manning was great in both postseasons in 2007 and 2011, I think one total turnover in both combined

Those D Lines were great, so was Eli

The End

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not find a current SOS online...

Quick calculation suggested 0.475 for the Eagles, 0.500 for the Patriots.

That the Patriots have played in an absolute trash division for well over a decade has been a massive advantage to them, as it nearly guaranteed them HOF every single year.

The NFC East has not been a complete dumpster fire for years, as you allege - it has been highly competitive though, especially amongst each other (IIRC the last time the division winner swept the division was in 2004 or so).

O yeah, and as far as common opponents this season:

KC: Patriots get blown out at home, Eagles lose on the road in a much closer game.
Car: Patriots lose at home, Eagles win on the road, pummeling them.
LAC: Patriots beat them at home, Eagles win on the road.
DEN: Patriots beat them on the road, Eagles beat them at home (destroying them the weak before the Pats played them).
OAK: Patriots beat them on the road, Eagles beat them at home (with some difficulty)

So common opponents, Eagles are 5-1 and Pats are 5-2.

As far as looking at divisional record (based on a Reddit post I found from two years ago, so does not include the last two seasons) vs other divisions:

AFC East: 280-240-0 (0.538), best in NFL
NFC East: 273-246-1 (0.526), 2nd in NFL

And this overall record is massively distorted by the Patriots' 98-32 record (0.738) outside of the division. Every single other team in the AFC East had (per the 2015 season) a losing record against non-division opponents (best of them the 63-67 of the Jets). In comparison, only one NFC East team (the Redskins) had a losing record against non-division opponents over the same period (worst winning record being 68-62).

Or, in other words - the AFC East and the NFC West were the only divisions with only one team with a winning record vs other divisions), while the NFC East and the AFC North were the only division with three teams with a winning record vs other divisions.

General conclusion: the AFC East has been a far bigger dumpster fire since reallignment than the NFC East. New England being the major exception to the rest of the division. And the division being the absolute dumpster fire it has been is also a major factor in NE's play-off success.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Coleman is supposedly leagally deaf, I think Freeman is legally blind in his right eye.

Twice in huge games he has completely missed the guy coming in from the edge for a Ryan sack.

Hightower caused a fumble in the super Bowl but Ryan held on yesterday.

Freeman is a blocking liability.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Coleman is supposedly leagally deaf, I think Freeman is legally blind in his right eye.

Twice in huge games he has completely missed the guy coming in from the edge for a Ryan sack.

Hightower caused a fumble in the super Bowl but Ryan held on yesterday.

Freeman is a blocking liability.

I thought Coleman looked like the far better back yesterday and should have seen much more of the ball

I actually thought on the last play of the game from the 2, a toss to Coleman had a better chance than Ryan forcing it to Julio like everyone in the free world knew he would

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Coleman looked like the far better back yesterday and should have seen much more of the ball

I actually thought on the last play of the game from the 2, a toss to Coleman had a better chance than Ryan forcing it to Julio like everyone in the free world knew he would

Not arguing that. Freeman is a liability.

I just kind of like the fact Ryan now has on his resume, lost a Super Bowl after being ahead 28-3 and lost to Nick Foles.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not arguing that. Freeman is a liability.

I just kind of like the fact Ryan now has on his resume, lost a Super Bowl after being ahead 28-3 and lost to Nick Foles.

Yup, and with the potential of a lotta teams in the NFC getting better, Dallas, Tampa, SF, etc.etc., he may just be remembered forever for these 2 season

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, and with the potential of a lotta teams in the NFC getting better, Dallas, Tampa, SF, etc.etc., he may just be remembered forever for these 2 season

He's still just 32 and has a lot of talent. Gotta think they'll get a TE to improve the RZ offense.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still just 32 and has a lot of talent. Gotta think they'll get a TE to improve the RZ offense.

They need a new O Coordinator

Ive never seen a team with the same personnel go from so explosive to so shitty in one season

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not find a current SOS online...

Quick calculation suggested 0.475 for the Eagles, 0.500 for the Patriots.

That the Patriots have played in an absolute trash division for well over a decade has been a massive advantage to them, as it nearly guaranteed them HOF every single year.

The NFC East has not been a complete dumpster fire for years, as you allege - it has been highly competitive though, especially amongst each other (IIRC the last time the division winner swept the division was in 2004 or so).

O yeah, and as far as common opponents this season:

KC: Patriots get blown out at home, Eagles lose on the road in a much closer game.
Car: Patriots lose at home, Eagles win on the road, pummeling them.
LAC: Patriots beat them at home, Eagles win on the road.
DEN: Patriots beat them on the road, Eagles beat them at home (destroying them the weak before the Pats played them).
OAK: Patriots beat them on the road, Eagles beat them at home (with some difficulty)

So common opponents, Eagles are 5-1 and Pats are 5-2.

As far as looking at divisional record (based on a Reddit post I found from two years ago, so does not include the last two seasons) vs other divisions:

AFC East: 280-240-0 (0.538), best in NFL
NFC East: 273-246-1 (0.526), 2nd in NFL

And this overall record is massively distorted by the Patriots' 98-32 record (0.738) outside of the division. Every single other team in the AFC East had (per the 2015 season) a losing record against non-division opponents (best of them the 63-67 of the Jets). In comparison, only one NFC East team (the Redskins) had a losing record against non-division opponents over the same period (worst winning record being 68-62).

Or, in other words - the AFC East and the NFC West were the only divisions with only one team with a winning record vs other divisions), while the NFC East and the AFC North were the only division with three teams with a winning record vs other divisions.

General conclusion: the AFC East has been a far bigger dumpster fire since reallignment than the NFC East. New England being the major exception to the rest of the division. And the division being the absolute dumpster fire it has been is also a major factor in NE's play-off success.

Thanks for substantiating something that even casual fans already know. This takes nothing away from the Pats, who are still in the greatest run of any team in history of the sport. You'd think Pats fans would just be happy with that while still able to acknowledge the obvious. Most do, but @Rex Racer gonna rex.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Eagles fans for the win. Get another great home game next week!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easiest schedule in the league playing in the weakest division in the NFL. Yeah, they was a jugger-not :L
Did you check out the AFC East, before you made this comment?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Eagles won so much as the Falcons lost. They go hot and cold. Not a team to bet for, or against.

Really really disagree with your post my man. Eagles missed an XP, fumbled on first down inside their 20, had a special teams turnover giving the Falcons the ball in the red zone, drove down to the 2 and didn’t score a TD. Philly was close, very close to beating Atlanta by 20 or more.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Eagles defense played fantastic and the offense was solid other than the early fumbles. Not sure which game you were watching. The only team that made big mistakes was the Eagles.

I don’t understand how anyone could watch that game and think Atlanta beat themselves. If anything Philly tried to beat themselves with two red zone turnovers. Atlanta scored ZERO points yesterday on non turnover drives. By my count we left at least 12 points off the board.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand how anyone could watch that game and think Atlanta beat themselves. If anything Philly tried to beat themselves with two red zone turnovers. Atlanta scored ZERO points yesterday on non turnover drives. By my count we left at least 12 points off the board.

Atlanta shit the bed for sure but Philly didn't let them change the sheets. Made them sleep in it.

Full marks to Philly.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for substantiating something that even casual fans already know. This takes nothing away from the Pats, who are still in the greatest run of any team in history of the sport. You'd think Pats fans would just be happy with that while still able to acknowledge the obvious. Most do, but @Rex Racer gonna rex.

Waz gonna fag............. it's all he knows.