• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playing the numbers game:NFC West versus the NFC South and AFC South

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will outline the records for last five years for each team against the two divisions they played in each conference plus their own and come to record conclusion after the swing games.

San Francisco against the second NFC divisions
08-1-3(won against redskins at home)
09-2-2(won against bears and lions at home)
10-0-4
11-3-1(lost at home against cowboys)
12-3-1(lost at vikings)
13.............................................................2-2. SF wins in NO and TB but loses to Atlanta and Carolina at home.

San Francisco against the AFC divisions
08-2-2(won at bills and against jets)
09-1-3(won against jaguars)
10-2-2(won against broncos and raiders
11-3-1(lost at ravens)
12-4-0
13...........................................................1-3. I'm calling it. They lose at titans and lose both home games against colts and texans. Texans defense will be back to early 2012 form and the colts I think may have something to do with the rams game on primetime, SF will have to hold back to be fresh enough for that game, which is more important than the colts one.

San Francisco against their own division
08-3-3
09-5-1
10-4-2
11-5-1
12-3-2-1
13................................................................4-2. Sweep rams by winning the crucial one week 4, and split with Seattle and because the last game is in Zona, they lose that. I think Cards pull out a 2011-like upset at home. But also, I have cards surprising.

SF is 7-7 pending the two swing games. I thought for a long while GB would win week 1 but now they are battling injuries and just lost an O-lineman. But it won't matter, SF goes 8-8 by winning that. When they win at the saints week 11, I think they will follow that up with a loss to the redskins in their two game road trip. So I'm calling 8-8 for SF.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle against the second NFC divisions
08-0-4
09-1-3(won against lions)
10-1-3(won against panthers)
11-2-2(won at giants and against eagles)
12-3-1(lost at lions)
13............................................................2-2. They will lose to the saints or bucs and at Atlanta. I think bucs will be more fresh against them. Its 9 days rest versus 5. For them and the saints its two weeks rest(13 days) versus 9 days. Not much of a difference both will be fresh enough. Both are incredible tossups.

Seattle against the AFC divisions
08-1-3(won against jets)
10-1-3(won against chargers)
11-1-3(won against ravens)
12-3-1(lost at dolphins)
13............................................................3-1 again. They beat both jags and titans at home and lose at either texans or colts. I'm gonna say colts after two road games they should win against SF and Jac will be a bit worn at home against Seattle so they beat colts and Russell and Lynch are likely to do better against them than texans for starters.

Seattle against their own division
08-3-3
09-3-3
10-4-2
11-3-3
12-3-3
13............................................................4-2. I think they sweep St.L only, win in SF week 14, and split with Zona. TNF games do not go the way people expect and Zona is at home with that three days rest and coming off a likely nonexistent game in SF for them. Seattle will be putting up points on the titans and or it could be a close defensive battle if Tennessee's shutting down of Cam and Tannehill the last couple of years weren't flukes.

Seattle goes 9-5 pending the two swing games. They lose at giants after going to SF but they will beat vikings at home again. 10-6 final record.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St.Louis tomorrow I'm tired...................................

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will outline the records for last five years for each team against the two divisions they played in each conference plus their own and come to record conclusion after the swing games.

San Francisco against the second NFC divisions
08-1-3(won against redskins at home)
09-2-2(won against bears and lions at home)
10-0-4
11-3-1(lost at home against cowboys)
12-3-1(lost at vikings)
13.............................................................2-2. SF wins in NO and TB but loses to Atlanta and Carolina at home.

San Francisco against the AFC divisions
08-2-2(won at bills and against jets)
10-2-2(won against broncos and raiders
11-3-1(lost at ravens)
12-4-0
13...........................................................1-3. I'm calling it. They lose at titans and lose both home games against colts and texans. Texans defense will be back to early 2012 form and the colts I think may have something to do with the rams game on primetime, SF will have to hold back to be fresh enough for that game, which is more important than the colts one.

San Francisco against their own division
08-3-3
09-5-1
10-4-2
11-5-1
12-3-2-1
13................................................................4-2. Sweep rams by winning the crucial one week 4, and split with Seattle and because the last game is in Zona, they lose that. I think Cards pull out a 2011-like upset at home. But also, I have cards surprising.

SF is 7-7 pending the two swing games. I thought for a long while GB would win week 1 but now they are battling injuries and just lost an O-lineman. But it won't matter, SF goes 8-8 by winning that. When they win at the saints week 11, I think they will follow that up with a loss to the redskins in their two game road trip. So I'm calling 8-8 for SF.

:lol:
As much as I would just Loooooove that, I don't see that as real possibility. I'm hoping I'm wrong!

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St.Louis against the second NFC divisions
08-2-2
09-1-3
10-1-3
11-0-4
12-0-4
13...................................................0-4. Just not buying it. I just don't think they win at Atlanta and Carolina. And they will get saints and bucs in December when both those teams will have more to play for.

St.Louis against the AFC
08-0-4
09-0-4
10-2-2
11-1-3
12-1-3
13...................................................1-3. They beat Jacksonville. With five days rest they play a rested titans and unfortunately, one of St.Louis's weaknesses was stopping the run. And Tennessee gets the advantage of a big matchup that will have both teams wanting it.

St.Louis against their own division
08-0-6
09-0-6
10-3-3
11-0-6
12-4-1-1
13.....................................................There seems to be a pattern where rams looked to improve before and then regressed. Since I have them being swept by both the seahawks and 49ers, they have only one shot to beat cards. And if they lose that week 1 match, they will go back to their 0-6 ways. In fact, I'm calling it.

1-13 before the two swing games. Rams lose at Dallas and beat the bears in a post bye upset at home(something they are good at). 2-14 and yep, this is the first pick. If they are smart, they'd go after Aaron Murray instead of Clowney.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona against the second NFC divisions
08-1-3(won against cowboys)
09-3-1(lost against packers)
10-1-3(won against saints)
11-2-2(won at eagles and against cowboys)
12-1-3(won against lions)
13....................................................1-3 again. They win one of the home games against Atlanta or Carolina. They have never been 0-2 at home against the other division since the re-alignment. They play better than people think at home. They usually lost badly at home in division games or when playing a team who was contending and they weren't(such as bears). I think both games will be close and cards will have a chance to win one, but they will lose at least one. They lose to both saints and bucs. They have a better shot offensively to beat saints but if they lose that, then the one against bucs will be too tough for the offense and will need defense to step up.

Arizona against the AFC
08-2-2(won against bills and dolphins at home)
09-2-2(won at jaguars and against texans)
10-2-2(won against broncos and raiders)
11-1-3(won against browns)
12-2-2(won at pats and against dolphins)
13.......................................................3-1. They get Houston at home off of a bye week and the colts who will be more rested but coming into back to back road games. And cards will be coming off the easiest road game on their schedule. With blackouts, jags are just gonna continue to be awful at home and not enough fans in the stands makes it too easy for the cards. I think they lose at Tennessee only.

Arizona against their own division
08-6-0
09-4-2
10-1-5
11-4-2
12-1-5
13........................................................4-2. They split with both SF and Seattle. And, they pull off the upset week 1 and win at home week 14 with playoffs on the line.

Cards are 8-6 pending the two swing games. Lions have had issues against them and with the cards pass d, they can only hope that Bush doesnt have a bad game. I think putting that much pressure on Bush is not good enough. And the other matchup, week 13 at eagles. Eagles off of a bye and their defense is looking to be awful but they will be at home late November and off of a bye week. Zona will be on a bit of a run leading up to this so I'm seeing a upset happening here. Cards finish 9-7, second in the NFC West

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle 10-6
Arizona 9-7
San Francisco 8-8
St.Louis 2-14

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that seemed like a lot of effort to convince yourself that the NFC West only has one playoff team and they are barely going to make it with 10 wins.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that seemed like a lot of effort to convince yourself that the NFC West only has one playoff team and they are barely going to make it with 10 wins.

they are going to be fighting with each other for the division. And no team in the NFC since the eagles have gone three years straight with 4 or less losses.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a corner out and no Harvin ntm defenses having film on Wilson.....I can see 10 or less wins. A lot of games are won on blown assignments and luck. In a league of parity today thats just not possible to be lucky all the time.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are going to be fighting with each other for the division. And no team in the NFC since the eagles have gone three years straight with 4 or less losses.

Every NFC division looks to be a dogfight. Plus, your argument about historical patterns is weak as hell. You're predicting the outcome of the NFC West based on what those teams did with different coaching staffs and different QBs. Some cases almost completely different rosters. Not to mention the opposing divisions have changed a lot over the years.

Everything the 49ers did before Harbaugh and Kaepernick means nothing to their chances this year. Same for the Seahawks before Carroll and Wilson, Rams before Fisher, and with Arizona before Arians and Palmer.

Your methodology is bullshit, and you're using that bullshit to justify your opinion.

You understand what I'm saying? What could you possibly learn about this years 49ers by looking at how they did with Singletary as their HC and Alex Smith as their QB?