• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playing Golf With Messed Up Wrist And Other Ailments

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... I am still wearing the splint until the end of this week and I don't think my wrist will ever be the same

Anyone have suggestions on how to play the game? It won't be easy now. Add that to the list of injuries I have that screw up a golf game.

Bad knee and a bad lower back that can start to hurt in a split second and a knee that tends to give out on me during the swing.

Don't want to have to give up the game

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... I am still wearing the splint until the end of this week and I don't think my wrist will ever be the same

Anyone have suggestions on how to play the game? It won't be easy now. Add that to the list of injuries I have that screw up a golf game.

Bad knee and a bad lower back that can start to hurt in a split second and a knee that tends to give out on me during the swing.

Sad your body is letting you down to that degree, but it happens...I'm battling a gimpy knee, played back to back days for the 1st time and it held up pretty good, so I hope that continues for my Mrytle Bch trip next month.

My suggestion is to invest in a golf impact bag and with your physical condition now try to figure how you can deliver the club to impact in some sort of balance and repeat it. I wouldn't worry so much about how it looked.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't use much wrist, i keep them still on the back swing, almost no wrist hinge. All the other pain..knee, back, shoulder only occurs during the swing, though the knee can be a constant. I find walking easier on the body that taking a cart, keeps the muscles warm.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't use much wrist, i keep them still on the back swing, almost no wrist hinge. All the other pain..knee, back, shoulder only occurs during the swing, though the knee can be a constant. I find walking easier on the body that taking a cart, keeps the muscles warm.

Very Steve Stricker like I take it...that would help.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The more I walk the more my back seems to hurt actually. But I do get what you mean by walking, that would/should be better. I do my best to keep my wrists still but I still need to be able to hold onto the club, which is going to be a little hard

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad your body is letting you down to that degree, but it happens...I'm battling a gimpy knee, played back to back days for the 1st time and it held up pretty good, so I hope that continues for my Mrytle Bch trip next month.

My suggestion is to invest in a golf impact bag and with your physical condition now try to figure how you can deliver the club to impact in some sort of balance and repeat it. I wouldn't worry so much about how it looked.

haha, yeah but I am only turning 36 in August... Shouldn't be happening yet but it is.. But I am being betrayed by my body which sucks! Good luck with your golf adventure!!!

Never heard of a golf impact bag, what's that?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear about your woes Red.

My wife called my orthopedic surgeon yesterday and got me an appointment for today on a cancellation.

My left shoulder is definitely fucked and I haven't been able to swing a club in over a week. I was nearly in fucking tears on Tuesday when the league started at my new club and I had to get a sub. Of all the god damned years for this to happen. I don't know when or if I'll be able to play this year. It's not as bad as the last time 4 years ago but I do have some level of tear or strain that's gonna cost me some time.

Hopefully I can avoid surgery but this is major suck level for me.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, yeah but I am only turning 36 in August... Shouldn't be happening yet but it is.. But I am being betrayed by my body which sucks! Good luck with your golf adventure!!!

Never heard of a golf impact bag, what's that?

Yeah 36 is early betrayal...sucks.

Imagine the old bean bag chairs from the 60s-70s...an impact bag is much smaller, tougher exterior...you can make a full swing into it...coupled with some video at impact you can get an idea of where the clubface is at impact while you are finding your new swing.

SKLZ Smash Bag Impact Trainer | TGW.com

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feel your pain my man. its kind of like how i feel about running. you just would hate to give it up and you do anything you can to golf in your case

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 36 is early betrayal...sucks.

Imagine the old bean bag chairs from the 60s-70s...an impact bag is much smaller, tougher exterior...you can make a full swing into it...coupled with some video at impact you can get an idea of where the clubface is at impact while you are finding your new swing.

SKLZ Smash Bag Impact Trainer | TGW.com

Yeah my body hates me... In my defense when I was younger I was diagnosed with Osgood Slaughters disease so that is why my knee is messed up

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking wow...sad to hear NE.

Thank man. Good news from the doc yesterday....x-ray showed no tear of the muscle and he ruled out rotator. He said we could try a shot of cortisone which may or may not help so hell yeah I went for that. FUCK did that shot hurt but this morning it feels much better and the prognosis is that it will heal up in a few weeks.

...about as good as the news could have been.

fingers-crossed.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah my body hates me... In my defense when I was younger I was diagnosed with Osgood Slaughters disease so that is why my knee is messed up

Hang in there...I shouldn't feel too bad...nearly 20 yrs on ya and for the most part everything still works okay to play this crazy game.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing wrong with me right now is tendonitis in my right elbow that doesn't affect my golf swing at all.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang in there...I shouldn't feel too bad...nearly 20 yrs on ya and for the most part everything still works okay to play this crazy game.

damn, that's even worse for me then lol...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm out for maybe a few weeks but I always end up keeping some perspective on shit. The day I strained my shoulder, hundreds of people were diagnosed with cancer. I can still fly fish, ride my Harley, run my setter and all that jazz so I'll get through it.

Pretty soon too I can join my buddy and bring along a wedge and a putter and at least fuck around from 50yds in.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...feelin' much better today. Looks like the cortisone shot was worth it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm out for maybe a few weeks but I always end up keeping some perspective on shit. The day I strained my shoulder, hundreds of people were diagnosed with cancer. I can still fly fish, ride my Harley, run my setter and all that jazz so I'll get through it.

Pretty soon too I can join my buddy and bring along a wedge and a putter and at least fuck around from 50yds in.
Good perspective.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walked the course with my buddy and carried a 60 degree and a putter. Flipped a bunch of shots from 30yds and in and did some putting.

Frustrating and fun at the same time but it's still feeling much better and I'm glad that it seems to be mending.

The course is getting beautiful~

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I will probably try going on the course in a few weeks... Won't expect much.. Though I probably should go to the range first to see how the wrist handles it