• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

players leaving early

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably in the minority but I don't have a problem with players leaving college early for the NFL. Sure I would love them for another year at ND but why not make your money while you are eligible to do so. You have an extra year of earning potential which is huge when NFL careers can be very short lived. Johnny Football could have played college football another two years.............and that would be two less years making money. Some of you may argue about draft position being a first rounder compared to a 3rd rounder. Where you get drafted isn't like it used to be. If you do well playing on your rookie contract, you will get a very nice deal. Sure Nix and Tuitt didn't get drafted where they thought but if they do well they will get rewarded. Come back to my first point they will be a year younger when that rookie contract expires and might potentially get a longer deal.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably in the minority but I don't have a problem with players leaving college early for the NFL. Sure I would love them for another year at ND but why not make your money while you are eligible to do so. You have an extra year of earning potential which is huge when NFL careers can be very short lived. Johnny Football could have played college football another two years.............and that would be two less years making money. Some of you may argue about draft position being a first rounder compared to a 3rd rounder. Where you get drafted isn't like it used to be. If you do well playing on your rookie contract, you will get a very nice deal. Sure Nix and Tuitt didn't get drafted where they thought but if they do well they will get rewarded. Come back to my first point they will be a year younger when that rookie contract expires and might potentially get a longer deal.

I'm not saying I disagree but if they don't do well then they won't get rewarded and they might have ended up as 1st rounders had they stayed.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to be drafted in the first three rounds then by all means leave early, but you just hurt yourself if you leave early and go later, you obviously need more experience and time.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost 40% of the underclassmen who applied for the draft went undrafted. If you're going in the top 1-2 rounds, yes, go for it, but I think the players listen to friends and family who tell them they are going to be stars. I realize these guys can still sign with teams, but I bet the majority wish they has stayed in school. I would like to see the nfl do what the nba does as far as evaluating underclassmen as to where they think they will be drafted before they forfeit their remaining eligibility.