• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players dropping like flies

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Detroit Lions have announced that Calvin Johnson is now available for a trade.

Belichick has to be interested with so many guys hurt. What would it take??? Is he worth a 3rd round pick??
My gut says he'd be a beast playing with Tom Brady.

Maybe BB could pick up Ansah and Johnson?????
As long as it was for two or more years I'd give up a 3rd. I like the certainty of a known commodity. Ansah would be an incredible addition to this D.
NE would have to move a couple guys to make cap room? I'm ready to get rid of Gilmore and Dorsett. NE would have to eat some of the Gilmord contract.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Hogan? He's been getting whacked around pretty good this year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing I've been able to find is that he had an MRI this morning to determine the extent of the injury.

Earlier this evening I heard that it was a minor AC sprain, but very painful for a couple of days.

The team is off this week. Injured guys have to report to the training room every day for therapy and evaluation.

Have to watch Boston Sports Tonight.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I've been able to find is that he had an MRI this morning to determine the extent of the injury.

Earlier this evening I heard that it was a minor AC sprain, but very painful for a couple of days.

The team is off this week. Injured guys have to report to the training room every day for therapy and evaluation.

Have to watch Boston Sports Tonight.
Thanks well initially that sounds like good news. Need to keep him out of any crossing routes for a while.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to flip that pick for Hilton...watch. Or a 3rd for Bolden or Calvin Johnson...This extra second makes their 3rd available...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New England Patriots wideout corps received some good news: Chris Hogan will avoid surgery on his shoulder injury after leaving Sunday's game early.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Hogan wouldn't require surgery to his shoulder, just rest and rehab, according to a source informed on the injury. Hogan could miss a few weeks, but the Pats will re-evaluate after their Week 9 bye.

Patriots WR Chris Hogan avoids shoulder surgery

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Detroit Lions have announced that Calvin Johnson is now available for a trade.

Belichick has to be interested with so many guys hurt. What would it take??? Is he worth a 3rd round pick??
My gut says he'd be a beast playing with Tom Brady.

Maybe BB could pick up Ansah and Johnson?????

I LIKE IT!!!

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron was a beast but no way in the world is he worth a 3rd rounder as a 32 year old who hasn't played in two years, probably isn't particularly interested in playing at all, anyway, and has a boondoggle of a contract situation to sort out.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shea McClellin's season is likely over before it began

There is one other pertinent note to relay as it relates to McClellin, who has a history with concussions: He counts against the two IR-to-return designations the Patriots are allowed this season. So the club now has just one spot left to use, with defensive tackle Vincent Valentine and receiver Malcolm Mitchellamong the candidates.

Pats sign Ricky Jean Francois; Hightower to IR

Does the Francois signing indicate which one it will be?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • i

Mike Reiss ESPN Staff Writer
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Linebacker Shea McClellin was eligible to return to the New England Patriots' 53-man roster this week after being designated to return from injured reserve on Oct. 18, but that won't be happening. Instead, barring an unexpected turn of events in the next 24 hours, McClellin's season will be over after suffering a setback after having returned to practice the last two weeks.

Here is why that is the case, per the NFL's rules:

1. Once a player returns to practice, as McClellin did on Oct. 18, there is a 21-day window for him to be activated.

2. That 21-day period ends today (Tuesday, Nov. 7).

3. If the player is not returned to the active/inactive list prior to 4 p.m. ET on the day after the conclusion of the 21-day period, the player can not return to that club's active/inactive list for the remainder of the season and postseason. Specific to this situation, it means the Patriots would have to clear a roster spot for McClellin by Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET if he is to play again this season.

4. A team can still carry the player on injured reserve, but that player can not practice or participate in team or individual drills (contact or non-contact) during the remainder of the season, including postseason. The player would be limited to non-contact physical rehabilitation activities under the supervision of the club's athletic trainer or physician. Pads and helmets would be prohibited during those rehabilitation activities, but players would be permitted to attend team meetings, and may also attend practice sessions, provided they do not participate in practice sessions.

There is one other pertinent note to relay as it relates to McClellin, who has a history with concussions: He counts against the two IR-to-return designations the Patriots are allowed this season. So the club now has just one spot left to use, with defensive tackle Vincent Valentine and receiver Malcolm Mitchell among the candidates.

So....if the Patriots decide not to activate McClellin, they can activate both Valentine and Mitchell, but they have to return McClellin to IR before 4 PM today. Word that's been circulating is that neither Valentine or Mitchell are ready to come back and probably won't be activated this year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hogan is still in a sling. I think it's a grade II AC sprain which requires 3 weeks in a sling. (opinion)

Fantasy Football Injury Updates: Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, Chris Hogan, among WRs on Week 10 injury report
  • i

Mike Reiss ESPN Staff Writer
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Linebacker Shea McClellin was eligible to return to the New England Patriots' 53-man roster this week after being designated to return from injured reserve on Oct. 18, but that won't be happening. Instead, barring an unexpected turn of events in the next 24 hours, McClellin's season will be over after suffering a setback after having returned to practice the last two weeks.

Here is why that is the case, per the NFL's rules:

1. Once a player returns to practice, as McClellin did on Oct. 18, there is a 21-day window for him to be activated.

2. That 21-day period ends today (Tuesday, Nov. 7).

3. If the player is not returned to the active/inactive list prior to 4 p.m. ET on the day after the conclusion of the 21-day period, the player can not return to that club's active/inactive list for the remainder of the season and postseason. Specific to this situation, it means the Patriots would have to clear a roster spot for McClellin by Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET if he is to play again this season.

4. A team can still carry the player on injured reserve, but that player can not practice or participate in team or individual drills (contact or non-contact) during the remainder of the season, including postseason. The player would be limited to non-contact physical rehabilitation activities under the supervision of the club's athletic trainer or physician. Pads and helmets would be prohibited during those rehabilitation activities, but players would be permitted to attend team meetings, and may also attend practice sessions, provided they do not participate in practice sessions.

There is one other pertinent note to relay as it relates to McClellin, who has a history with concussions: He counts against the two IR-to-return designations the Patriots are allowed this season. So the club now has just one spot left to use, with defensive tackle Vincent Valentine and receiver Malcolm Mitchell among the candidates.

So....if the Patriots decide not to activate McClellin, they can activate both Valentine and Mitchell, but they have to return McClellin to IR before 4 PM today. Word that's been circulating is that neither Valentine or Mitchell are ready to come back and probably won't be activated this year.

Word is also that "BB has confirmed McClellin will not be activated....."

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan is still in a sling. I think it's a grade II AC sprain which requires 3 weeks in a sling. (opinion)

Fantasy Football Injury Updates: Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, Chris Hogan, among WRs on Week 10 injury report

Word is also that "BB has confirmed McClellin will not be activated....."
Does Marty B suit up? I wonder what that supposable shoulder injury is.

Get Dorsett some targets TB even if you need to force it. MB could help a lot if available health wise. Give Hogan a full month off. Rest him for the playoff push and playoffs. DA going to be busy.