• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players dropping like flies

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports say Hightower could return in week 3 or 4 from a sprained knee. So there's a little good news.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston and Carolina come to Foxboro for the next two games.

Houston on Sunday at 1:00

Carolina on Thursday.

Both play man to man. We'll need at least 4 WR's to force them to play 6-8 cover defenders. That will open up the running game. Clowney, Watt and Mercelius will be going after Brady full tilt. Chip 'em let 'e, come and hand of the ball. 10-12 yards before the secondary can react. Bring in the defense to defend the run and send Cooks and Dorsett straight down the sideline in afterburner.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB just had three more WR's in for a tryout. With all of them being auditioned, it is probably likely that one will be added to the PS, with either Ayers or Hollister being promoted to the roster. As was mentioned elsewhere in this string, the next two opponents play man to man and 4 WR's would really help open up the offense. Also noted that DE Datone Jones was in for a tryout. Wise and Flowers are solid but I don't know how much can be expected from Guy and Marsh, so Jo.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got cut off at the end. Meant to say Datone Jones might have a shot at a roster spot.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once pulled my groin in BlockBuster. All I did was turn my upper torso when someone said something to me, so I can see him pulling his groin. If it was a knee or back, or anything major, he would not be allowed to talk about it. We all know that.

I don't think BB will make a move at WR at all. Be nice to get another DE so we can move Guy back in the middle, he was really good vs the run last yr. Branch's minutes have been cut big time. Maybe Jones can be something, maybe not. Right now, Flowers and Wise need to be on the field together a lot more than they are.

Also hearing rumbles that Harris is going to be cut....kind of a shocker if you ask me, but then again, I won't be shocked.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also hearing rumbles that Harris is going to be cut....kind of a shocker if you ask me, but then again, I won't be shocked.

I was wondering if he was being limited to keep him fresh for a playoff run.
If he is cut...well Jets will laugh about that like they really put the screws to BB.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. It's not like they traded Harris to the Pats. A couple million in dead money on the cap isn't exactly putting the screws to anyone.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if he was being limited to keep him fresh for a playoff run.
If he is cut...well Jets will laugh about that like they really put the screws to BB.
Let them. We'll keep laughing each day about that worthless guy who quit as HC of the NYJ.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris isn't going anywhere. Belichick told the entire team that he doesn't give playing time for what you used to do. He gives playing time for work in practice.

Harris, Butler and Alan Branch all found out this past week. Harris played about 40% of the defensive snaps. Butler played 65% of the defensive snaps. and Alan Branch played a total of 6 defensive snaps.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Pats just signed a safety/punt returner (Robert Nelson) to the PS. Tackle Willie Beavers had been released earlier. Pats now have five defensive backs on the PS. I would assume one or more of them will be released. With Beavers gone, I am also assuming that Tony Garcia is doing well in rehab and will return before the end of the season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Pats just signed a safety/punt returner (Robert Nelson) to the PS. Tackle Willie Beavers had been released earlier. Pats now have five defensive backs on the PS. I would assume one or more of them will be released. With Beavers gone, I am also assuming that Tony Garcia is doing well in rehab and will return before the end of the season.
Don't know anything about this guy? Bring him up now. Replace Bolden and have a ST guy that may be able to help the backside of that D.
Obviously BB is addressing the weakest spot on the team from a production stand point? Could be lighting a fire under the starters collective asses or just a bunch of tire kicking?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade rumors are starting.............................................

Malcolm Butler is in BB's doghouse. No one and I mean no one knows what happened there.

Giardi, Curran, Perry, Volin are scrambling like eggs trying to get info.............DEAD SILENCE!!!!!!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Malcolm Butler is in BB's doghouse. No one and I mean no one knows what happened there.

Giardi, Curran, Perry, Volin are scrambling like eggs trying to get info.............DEAD SILENCE!!!!!!

I think it's as much performance related than anything else. Butler has not been playing his best lately. Rowe was coming on in the second half of last season and has continued to improve.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He hasn't played well in spring training and when he played in games he wasn't that great

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's as much performance related than anything else. Butler has not been playing his best lately. Rowe was coming on in the second half of last season and has continued to improve.

He hasn't played well in spring training and when he played in games he wasn't that great

So then the Pats asking a first for him was unrealistic to begin with? So what maybe a 3rd?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's still a good player, just not starting out well. What is an acceptable trade probably depends on whether he can regain his form or not.
Malcolm Butler relies on his high motor to over achieve. If the motor is half on he isn't over achieving and he needs to over achieve to be better than his replacement. He's got to face that his strength comes with risks and BB (or anyone else) want a discount to accept that risk. He never wanted to face the facts that as a restricted free agent he had less value than an unrestricted free agent.

Best thing for Malcolm: just play the best ball you can and the rewards will show. He just might be the victim of his agent telling him what he deserves.