• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Player Loyalty

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be interesting to see who(M) the real Orioles are.....contracts and Angelosi don't favor the player unless there was huge production. so for the sake of argument lets talk on who(M) wants to stay or leave.

Pearce stays
Weiters stays
Chen Leaves
Davis stays

meaning the stayers will take whats offered.....need a starting pitcher trade gausman
try to get middleman Andrew Miller back:noidea:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Wieters, Davis and Chen are gone. O'Day might have a chance at sticking around and I think Pearce will be easy to re-sign as well. Not too sure on what Parra will do yet.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need a starting pitcher trade gausman
try to get middleman Andrew Miller back:noidea:

Actually, make that FIVE starting pitchers... let's not forget that our starters not named Chen have posted an ERA of 4.85 as a group this season. As much as I hate to say this, a complete rebuild similar to that of the 2011-2014 Astros might be necessary... with our lack of minor league depth, I just don't see how even signing an ace would be enough to fix the rotation (and we haven't even talked about the weaknesses in LF/RF yet, plus 1B if Davis leaves).

What does that mean in practice? If you're going to trade Gausman, don't stop there; trade everyone. Only Machado should be considered untouchable.

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, make that FIVE starting pitchers... let's not forget that our starters not named Chen have posted an ERA of 4.85 as a group this season. As much as I hate to say this, a complete rebuild similar to that of the 2011-2014 Astros might be necessary... with our lack of minor league depth, I just don't see how even signing an ace would be enough to fix the rotation (and we haven't even talked about the weaknesses in LF/RF yet, plus 1B if Davis leaves).

What does that mean in practice? If you're going to trade Gausman, don't stop there; trade everyone. Only Machado should be considered untouchable.

I'd agree with that unless someone came calling with an Erik Bedard type offer the Mariners gave us.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pearce will stay cheap because that is what he is worth . nolan staying healthy all year will be in the mix next year . love to sign davis and put him in rf . come on down trey mancini

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pearce will stay cheap because that is what he is worth . nolan staying healthy all year will be in the mix next year . love to sign davis and put him in rf . come on down trey mancini
I'm going to disagree with you on Reimold. I think he had plenty of opportunities to take that wide open LF position this year and couldn't do it. That's why we definitely need to re-sign Parra and a guy like Justin Upton or Cespedes to take over in left or could fill in in CF or RF if needbe.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't want an upton . cespedes would be ok but at what price ? i would rather have davis than both upton and cespedes . as far as nolan him hitting leadoff all year instead of dearza and snider we would've been in the playoffs .

looking forward next year schoop , manny and aj all stepped up their games . losing matt doesn't matter caleb and cleve can catch and sisco is on his way . oday i can see someone going after him for a closer tigers come to mind . jj will he finally be healthy ? davis is the key gotta have that big lhb .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't want an upton . cespedes would be ok but at what price ? i would rather have davis than both upton and cespedes . as far as nolan him hitting leadoff all year instead of dearza and snider we would've been in the playoffs .

looking forward next year schoop , manny and aj all stepped up their games . losing matt doesn't matter caleb and cleve can catch and sisco is on his way . oday i can see someone going after him for a closer tigers come to mind . jj will he finally be healthy ? davis is the key gotta have that big lhb .

Justin I would absolutely take but don't want anything to do with Melvin. I'd take him before Cespedes honestly. What the price range of those two are remains to be seen but I'd offer them a fair amount. I do agree that signing Davis should be a top priority before free agency begins. Highly unlikely given that Boras is his agent. I wanted to like Nolan and I think he definitely had a fair shot at being the full time LF but just got mixed up with all of the other LF's we've tried who I'm not going to even begin to try to name. He'd be fine as a 4th OF but I don't see him as any more than that.

Schoop and Manny definitely stepped up their games this year. Manny stayed healthy and we saw what he could do and he lived up to expectations. I'm glad to see that Schoop continued his trend of getting better the second year he's in a league (if I remember right he usually sucked when he was brought up a level the first year and then started killing it the second year usually). I'd definitely say Schoop improved greatly compared to last year and hopefully will continue in the years to come. Jones I think stayed the same as he usually does, which I hoped he'd get a better eye at the plate but it could be much worse. Definitely agree that losing Matt won't be as big of a deal. I just wish that he could've stayed healthy all of last season because I think that he would've finally lived up to the hype if he continued his hot streak. I definitely think a bullpen needy team like Detroit will throw the bank at O'Day for certain. Hope we can lure him back though. I think that he's perfect in the setup role and not a closer, though I could be wrong about that. As for JJ, I hope that torn labrum he's been playing with can heal in the offseason, via rest or surgery. If it's surgery, do it now and get it over with so that way he can be ready for opening day hopefully.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just hope they don't trade the farm for pitching so far duke is batting zero . arrieta , strop for feldman . giving up davies was just stupid , edrod a no no . we have to hope all our injured pitchers step it up . bundy , harvey , berry , kline and the likes .

what would really piss me off is to have to watch lough sit on the bench . if davies signs back trey and walker could play first and let pearce walk . what we have to think about is trey is a stick on any young team he would already be in the pros stroking .

at some point we need to pay manny long term

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to disagree with you on Reimold. I think he had plenty of opportunities to take that wide open LF position this year and couldn't do it. That's why we definitely need to re-sign Parra and a guy like Justin Upton or Cespedes to take over in left or could fill in in CF or RF if need be.

Parra over reimold......Upton is a cancer(no way). work Clevenger in somwhere

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parra over reimold......Upton is a cancer(no way). work Clevenger in somwhere
I thought it was Melvin/BJ Upton that was the cancer. Don't remember hearing bad stuff about Justin offhand.