• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pittsburgh week/game thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revenge game #1 is on deck. Our team wants to make a statement in this one as does the coaching staff.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a second butt-whoopin' in as many weeks. I am tired of hearing about Pitt's emergence, etc. Just line-up and kick their ass!!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU 45 - Pitt 10

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction for this one

Penn State - 55
PITTiful - 13

Pitt has made this their superbowl, Nardickhead cutting off media and being the sole interview/rep of program this week is already gold. PSU has been ready for this one since last year, teh staff, teh players, the fans.....if we get off to a fast start this one is over before the half.

Think Franklin gets Miles in the end zone in this one

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU 63
Pitt 9
It will be a blood bath and JF will keep the foot on the petal all game to send a message to coach Patty.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet all my SportsHoopla cash of $8500 on PSU covering the 21pts

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like perfect weather tomorrow 64 and sunny. T-minus 26 hours and counting. Looking forward to the unveiling of the 2016 under the suites, the honoring of the 1982 National champ team 35th anniversary and a flyover by warthog jets at end of anthem.....oh yeah, that and laying an EPIC ass kicking on the Panthers

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like perfect weather tomorrow 64 and sunny. T-minus 26 hours and counting. Looking forward to the unveiling of the 2016 under the suites, the honoring of the 1982 National champ team 35th anniversary and a flyover by warthog jets at end of anthem.....oh yeah, that and laying an EPIC ass kicking on the Panthers

I will be escaping North Port, FL in 2hrs with my kids and hopefully watching the game in GA.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To qoute Randy Marsh from South Park in the BroDown: "Let's go Songheim, wipe the street with his punk ass."

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a marvelous way to start the season by opening-up a can of whoop-ass on the Pissburgh Panters. I LOVE IT!!!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a marvelous way to start the season by opening-up a can of whoop-ass on the Pissburgh Panters. I LOVE IT!!!

Actually I don't consider yesterday a whoop ass performance. We missed a lot of plays on offense that could have made the score bigger. McSorely didn't play his best and missed on some throws. Now our defense looked very good. If we can continue to improving each game we should be hard to stop when we start playing the tougher Big10 schedule.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I don't consider yesterday a whoop ass performance. We missed a lot of plays on offense that could have made the score bigger. McSorely didn't play his best and missed on some throws. Now our defense looked very good. If we can continue to improving each game we should be hard to stop when we start playing the tougher Big10 schedule.

McSorely played his worst game wince Michigan last year, but we still won by 19. We had guys running wide open throughout the first half for easy TD's that he just missed and was throwing high all day. Defense and more importantly, special Teams, looked fantastic. We pinned a very dangerous KR, arguably most dangerous in naton, down all day. He killed us last year. We are filling in ST with great athlegtes, not just extra walk ons now.

All in all, we should've won by about 2-3 more TD's, but I'll take a 3 score win on an off day.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thought it was a win. McSorely and the line at times was not very good. Glad to hear WRs were wide open (couldn't see that on TV) because they did not do much yesterday.

Defense was good and bad. They did a lot of really good stuff and turned Pitt over several times or we might not have won by 19. They should have got off the field more often. Way too much TOP for Pitt.

In the end it is week 2 and the team is still finding itself. Clearly the talent is there. I am betting we up our game over the next few weeks.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McSorely played his worst game wince Michigan last year, but we still won by 19. We had guys running wide open throughout the first half for easy TD's that he just missed and was throwing high all day. Defense and more importantly, special Teams, looked fantastic. We pinned a very dangerous KR, arguably most dangerous in naton, down all day. He killed us last year. We are filling in ST with great athlegtes, not just extra walk ons now.

All in all, we should've won by about 2-3 more TD's, but I'll take a 3 score win on an off day.

I needed another fg by PSU or 1 less FG from Pitt to have covered the -21.5pts where I bet my hard earned SportsHoopla cash $8500. Oh well I'll take a win any day. Let's continue to improve and hope McSorely learns from yesterday because better teams will take advantage of his mistakes. I feel we didn't give Barkley enough snaps and I still hate him fielding punts/kicks.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thought it was a win. McSorely and the line at times was not very good. Glad to hear WRs were wide open (couldn't see that on TV) because they did not do much yesterday.

Defense was good and bad. They did a lot of really good stuff and turned Pitt over several times or we might not have won by 19. They should have got off the field more often. Way too much TOP for Pitt.

In the end it is week 2 and the team is still finding itself. Clearly the talent is there. I am betting we up our game over the next few weeks.

Oh yeah, we had several guys open on so many plays in first it was mind numbing that we hadn't scored 35. Trace was just high or missing reads all day. There was a play when we were up 14-0 where barkley was at least 15 yards behind everyone and he just didn't see him.

TOP is relative, check out our 94 teams time of possesion in many games. When you are a quick strike ofense, you are going to lose that category a lot. Bit played slow and tried to shorten game.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note, had my new #38 Wade jersey on and ran into Lamont and his family after the game as he was leaving stadoum. I heard a couple people yelling nice jersey, we love that number and saw a group wearing 38's and Lamont grinning ear to ear. Seemed surprised someone already had his jersey on as a true freshman in game 2 LOL.