• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Seattle Seahawks

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least your brave enough to say it on the internet and not to their face... That takes courage... :L
LOL! AO, did we, ooops!, I mean, ME, say stuff like that at CNNSI? Heh!

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ... I"m happy to beat Pitt, kinda exercised some demons from the past a bit... BUT let's be real here... We just gave up more yards to Ben through the air than we've EVER given up in our teams history at home... We got diced and sliced and abused by Ben to a tune of 456 yards... #$%^#@$^@#$^ ... I realized they did throw on almost every down, BUT STILL... Unless we fix this issue, were going no where even if we make the playoffs... I don't know if anything is gonna be done to fix this, this year ... Unless Pete takes the reigns of the defense I just don't see any quick fix... something is TERRIBLY wrong with our defense... It's shocking considering it's been the rock of this team the last 3 years... I mean, I don't expect them to be at the 2013 level, but this drop off is staggering when you consider the talent on defense is still there for the most part ...
Can't argue with the numbers, but what if you eliminate Wheaton's career numbers and concentrate of how we contained Brown and Bryant for the most part, although,(Bryant muffed a few IMO) and compare the #'s?
Bottomline is, Our D, is still a shadow of what it has been and everyone knows it. The talent is still there, but I'm still hoping the Seahawk brain trust is seeing what we and the NFL is seeing and setting everyone else up for a "Championship Moment"! Just like the movies, LOL!

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess all the Negative Nellies are suffering from their alcohol depression after the stimulation of the game. Remember, Balance and Moderation my Seahawk Friends will give you extended Seahawk Love and aptitude. LOL!

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Seahawk fans congratulations
THNX MISKO, Steeler Fans, especially the old ones who suffered over 40 years till the mid 70's are the epitome of what true fans are. Sorry, some Seahawk fans here are part of the entitlement generation and have grown up learning they deserve a SB every year or their players and coaches are crap. If it wasn't so sad, I'd laugh, but it's on display everyday on the local and national news.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with the numbers, but what if you eliminate Wheaton's career numbers and concentrate of how we contained Brown and Bryant for the most part, although,(Bryant muffed a few IMO) and compare the #'s?
Bottomline is, Our D, is still a shadow of what it has been and everyone knows it. The talent is still there, but I'm still hoping the Seahawk brain trust is seeing what we and the NFL is seeing and setting everyone else up for a "Championship Moment"! Just like the movies, LOL!

I hear ya ...

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a eternal optimist Stu, and thankful we got a SB in my lifetime(probably the oldest poster here, watched the 78/79 Sonics play in person each year @ the Sea. Center vs. the Bullets)But still pissed about 2005 and not feeding the Beast this year, but eternally grateful I've participated in every major sporting event in Seattle since 1960. Hoping and thinking the Huskies are gonna be pretty damn good in BB and football this year and next, and confident in Carroll and the NBA will get over their brain fart and get the Sonics back. Hell, I even want the Sounders to get that MLS Cup!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, the mid 90's, really? That's when I got my season tickets until 5 years ago when I couldn't rationalize the expense after the housing market collapsed with kids to raise. I've probably missed 3 games since 76 and those were when I was fishing in Alaska. As for your depression, been there and done that, I hope you are getting the proper help with that because I know what it's all about and I want all us Seahawk fans to be Fans, win, lose or draw. Some of the best fans in the world I've observed are Cubs and Lions fans, so success has nothing to do with being a true blue fan.

Well not all of us are 50 so yah...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO after reading this whole thread i have to say something.

Shark needs a 2 month ban LMAO no joke

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO after reading this whole thread i have to say something.

Shark needs a 2 month ban LMAO no joke

Oh c'mon man. I'm trying to reverse jinx us! If you have that super sour person that is like, "WELL WE LOST!" the football Gods show mercy. It balances out the equation! This is strategy man.

In fact the Seahawks reached out to me with a job offer to berate them on the sideline. I declined it and was like, "You guys suck, I don't want to work for your org." $25,000 check in the mail, signed by Allen saying thank you. BAM, that was our super bowl year.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not all of us are 50 so yah...
Hell, I'm 50. Sal is older than dirt. The games he was PAYING to watch, I was watching at home with my Dad in my PJ's. When the Sonics were in the Finals on tape delay aired at midnight.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to next weeks game... We're already up by 7...

Seahawks 7
Vikings 0

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there in person. Great game to watch. Back and forth, lots of offense, no real major luls in our momentum.

I also just finished watching the broadcast and I'm much more encouraged than discouraged, even with the ungodly numbers Ben put up.

Negatives:
- Losing Graham. He really was starting to get a report with Wilson. Some of those 7 yard drag routes where Wilson puts the ball on his hip and lets him run with it were finally developing, and that catch at the 1! Damn. I actually have faith in Luke Willson though. I think he's got good enough hands to make up for a little of what we'll miss in Graham. I think the big play from TE will be gone, but we really haven't had a whole lot of them even with Graham in there.
- Yards/points allowed. You knew Pit was prolific in the passing game and they'd get their yards, but they sure got a ton of them. A lot of short completions that went for 7-10 yards. The tackling also was pretty bad and unusual for guys like Thomas and Lane, though he may just be rusty. We just seem slightly out of position this year and I think the DC has somethign to do with that.
- XP - Hauschka needs to completely forget about the last 2 weeks and start fresh. Even though only 1 of his 3 misses is on him, kickers can get flustered mentally and it can start the ball rolling downhill. At the same time, we need to stop letting rushers through on these XP attempts. 2/3 misses were blocked.

Positives:
- Offensive Line has looked really good the last 2 weeks. James Harrison is still a force and I think for the most part they played great. 1 play in particular, Britt looped around in front of Wilson to deflect a blitz perfectly from the right sode of the line. Wilson stepped up and I believe completed the pass. They've also been making some holes for Rawls to shed arm tackles.
- Russell looked like a real pocket passer last night and I think the better protection has a role to play there. He's more confident in having more than 2 seconds before getting hit and that is leading to better play from the pocket. A few of his TDs yesterday were absolute rockets which is nice to see.
- Pass rush was actually better than it appeared. They only sacked Ben twice, but come one, he's easily the hardest QB in the league to bring down. Their Oline did a great job all game but we were still able to put pressure on late to affect him. There was 1 play on their last FG drive (we were up 5) where Ben had a wide open WR for a TD but had to scramble out and throw the ball away only because the pass rush was collapsing the pocket. That may have saved the game.
- Desean Shead was awesome all game long. He stayed right with Bryant on 3 or 4 deep routes, contesting each one and stripping a couple completions. The one catch down the right sideline he did give up was a perfect pass and still well contested. He did a great jon considering the opposition.
- Richard Sherman is the best CB in the game. He shut down Antonio Brown.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great summary... Shead played very well for playing against that group of receivers Pitt has... I honestly believe that we do not win that game had we had Cary Williams starting for us...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great summary... Shead played very well for playing against that group of receivers Pitt has... I honestly believe that we do not win that game had we had Cary Williams starting for us...
Yeah, I'm impressed with Shead and have been since the pre-season when it seemed like he was a totally transformed and more polished player. It was hard for me to tell from the stands if Cary Williams was in much or even if he got on the field at all.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm impressed with Shead and have been since the pre-season when it seemed like he was a totally transformed and more polished player. It was hard for me to tell from the stands if Cary Williams was in much or even if he got on the field at all.

I could be wrong but I think C. Williams was inactive for the game...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Sherman shadows, you have to change the entire defense, which is a big reason why they don't like to do it. It's not simple as just having one guy change what does, because we all know that Sherman is capable of taking on about as much as you can give him. It's asking everyone else to get out of the base defense and comfort zone to allow him to do that, which can be confusing to the other pieces.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Sherman shadows, you have to change the entire defense, which is a big reason why they don't like to do it. It's not simple as just having one guy change what does, because we all know that Sherman is capable of taking on about as much as you can give him. It's asking everyone else to get out of the base defense and comfort zone to allow him to do that, which can be confusing to the other pieces.
Well, they better get used to it because unless Shead emerges to become Browner 2.0, I think this is the new normal. We really ought to be careful about weighing this last game more than 1 out of 16 though...we won't face another gunslinger until the season finale, and Arizona doesnt have the talent at WR that Pittsburgh does.