• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pistons - Will they ever learn?

Attractive and Rich

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Josh Smith contract. :lol:

Drafting Stuckey to replace Billups, and then six years later signing Billups to replace Stuckey. :lol:

How do they plan on playing Josh Smith, Monroe, and Drummond together? Are they going to trade Monroe? Is there even interest there after he has been so exposed on D? Spacing nightmares regardless....

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more the pistons continue to make bad personnel moves the more i think it was john hammond and not dumars that orchestrated all of the good moves back in the day. Hammond left and things went downhill. Things like villanueva and gordon, ugh.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Josh Smith trade wasn't a horrible move. We were ducking horrible on defensive last year and Josh Smith is elite on the defensive end. He is a defensive anchor and can protected the basket. We needed this desperately.

On offense, Smith, Monroe and Drummond will probably start but probably will play limited minutes with each other. Kyle singler, jerekebo and dantome will help spread the floor at the 3, 4 and 5

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith wasnt a trade he was a free agent signing and it does clog up the back court, could possibly make monroe trade bait.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more the pistons continue to make bad personnel moves the more i think it was john hammond and not dumars that orchestrated all of the good moves back in the day. Hammond left and things went downhill. Things like villanueva and gordon, ugh.

That is clearly the answer as he has built a powerhouse there in Milawakee. His moves have the Bucks as contenders every year.

Joe did have some questionable stretches on drafts and some very bad coaching picks, no question. But also remember this was when Mr. D died and the team was in the process of being sold, so who knows how tied his hands were. The last four years of draft picks have been good to excellent and we'll need to see how Cheeks works out with them.

As to getting Smith, as someone else said, it does make the front court crowded on offense for starters as I think Monroe, Drummond, and Smith will all start with one being the first man out in the rotation and datome coming in for range. But that will be a beastly lineup on the defensive end once Rasheed gets them rotating for help defense--I don't see how anyone will get inside. If you think both ends of the floor, not just scoring and crowding of the paint on the offensive end, it looks like a lot better move.