• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pistons problems

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our team is not playing well. We have the talent here. Its fucking mind boggling. Considering how our bigs are being paired, to include Smith, how the hell are we so bad at rebounding? Also considering the same thing why cant our guards seem to get the ball inside to them. Those two things are frustrating the shit out of me right now.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our team is not playing well. We have the talent here. Its fucking mind boggling. Considering how our bigs are being paired, to include Smith, how the hell are we so bad at rebounding? Also considering the same thing why cant our guards seem to get the ball inside to them. Those two things are frustrating the shit out of me right now.

I'll start off by saying I hate excuses, and basically anything I say here is going to be an excuse for them losing games. They have to find a way to compete and pull out games.

But, I don't think rebounding is a problem. Drummond had 16 last night and Monroe 8, and they are averaging 11 and 10 RPG, respecitively....how much more do you want? Their guards haven't had that much time playing with the bigs together thanks to preseason injuries, so it should get better there too. And lastly, they have had a tough schedule: their losses are to Memphis, Indiana, OKC, and on a West coast road trip to Portland and a blow out to Golden State on a back to back. And most of these games were competitive down to the wire. They have won the two games they were "supposed to" win, so at least they aren't dropping games to bad teams like before.

But as I said, these are just excuses. They need to find a way to pull out games down the stretch and beat good teams. Being competitive is a good step, but we need some wins. A new coach and preseason injuries have slowed their progress some, but they are getting better. They should make you happier when they close the road trip strong beating Sac and LAL, then come home to beat the Knicks and at least split the home and home with the Hawks.

Give it a little more time, this team is young and hasn't had much PT together and with Cheeks. I am concerned with the apparent lack of baskeball IQ from Jennings and Smith however.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, I don't think rebounding is a problem. Drummond had 16 last night and Monroe 8, and they are averaging 11 and 10 RPG, respecitively....how much more do you want? Their guards haven't had that much time playing with the bigs together thanks to preseason injuries, so it should get better there too. And lastly, they have had a tough schedule: their losses are to Memphis, Indiana, OKC, and on a West coast road trip to Portland and a blow out to Golden State on a back to back. And most of these games were competitive down to the wire. They have won the two games they were "supposed to" win, so at least they aren't dropping games to bad teams like before.

We lost the rebounding battle 43:34 last night. Lost the rebounding vs Portland 44:42. OKC we lost 52:42 IND we lost 45:42. MEM 32:26.

We have lost the rebounding advantage in every loss. Coincidently we have won every game we held that edge.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this team is the schedule and the bench rotation.. Just recently, Cheeks has started play more than 8 mean in a game. I think they are trying to find some synergy with one another.. It seems as though Jennings will have a good game but Josh Smith won't and vice versa.. Once those two are on the same page, the team should improve.. Monroe and Drummond have been surprisingly consistent, and both are registering above 20 per 36 via ESPN.. That is near elite production.. If they are actually that legit and can maintain that throughout the season, then the front court is set and one of the best in the league..

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its The backcourt that needs improvement still. Jennings was not an upgrade over knight. It will be interesting how the new guy looks. The pistons have a lot of top ten picks on their team.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our team is not playing well. We have the talent here. Its fucking mind boggling.

well you got this guy name Josh Smith who will absolutely make you pull your hair with some of his decisions.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings is an upgrade over Knight.. You need to realize that Brandon was a combo guard.. The system wasn't right for him.. I'm not saying Jennings was what I wanted, but he is still an improvement...