• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pistons agree to deal with Joe Johnson

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he will make it to the Piston's roster though... He had work outs with the Sixers and the Bucks before the Pistons and both passed... He did sign with the Pistons, but it's a non guaranteed contract that will cost to the team only 200K if Johnson will be rejected.
The Pistons now have 16 regular contracts out of which only two are not guaranteed on C.Wood and Johnson, the maximum number of regular contracts a team can have during the season is 15, therefore one out of either Johnson or Wood are the most possible candidates to be waived after the training camp.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he will make it to the Piston's roster though... He had work outs with the Sixers and the Bucks before the Pistons and both passed... He did sign with the Pistons, but it's a non guaranteed contract that will cost to the team only 200K if Johnson will be rejected.
The Pistons now have 16 regular contracts out of which only two are not guaranteed on C.Wood and Johnson, the maximum number of regular contracts a team can have during the season is 15, therefore one out of either Johnson or Wood are the most possible candidates to be waived after the training camp.

It’s a non guaranteed contract but $200k is guaranteed?

Did you proof read your rambling before you posted?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth a flier for sure. They need shooting

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth a flier for sure. They need shooting
They've got Snell...

As it is, I think it's more probable they'll waive Johnson rather that Wood after the training camp...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got Snell...

As it is, I think it's more probable they'll waive Johnson rather that Wood after the training camp...

By flier I clearly meant Joe Johnson will average 25 a game this year

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By flier I clearly meant Joe Johnson will average 25 a game this year
Still... it's only Johnson and Wood that are on non guaranteed contracts on a 16 (regular) contract team and therefore it's either Johnson or Wood that will be let go...

I guess with Wood just having turned 25yo and being proven on being talented and with further upside potential, then Johnson at his 38 should be the logical choice to be waived... But then again, one never knows what the coaching team has in mind until their decision becomes known...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still... it's only Johnson and Wood that are on non guaranteed contracts on a 16 (regular) contract team and therefore it's either Johnson or Wood that will be let go...

I guess with Wood just having turned 25yo and being proven on being talented and with further upside potential, then Johnson at his 38 should be the logical choice to be waived... But then again, one never knows what the coaching team has in mind until their decision becomes known...

Ultimately whoever does better gets the spot obviously

I have a little more faith in a guy like Johnson