• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Piece of crap loser jerk Ausmus says he doesn't want Mets job

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...but...it's the Mets.

Lookit, I ain't stewpit -- much...I get why everyone feels like they have to say this.

However, it's a MAJOR LEAGUE job, in a LARGE city, with a lot of media exposure (which may actually hurt, come to think of it).

If you are jobless, you don't say no to potential interviews, even if you wouldn't actually work there. You give yourself a bit of a reputation that follows you. Also, it's SO BAD right now, that -- as I mentioned earlier -- the expectations aren't going to be that high. You can learn as you go, develop some young players that actually have some talent, and in a couple of years, if everyone is patient, you could be where the Astros are right now.

Furthermore, Ausmus just doesn't have that much experience. It'd be different if this was some legendary coach with a great track record and some rings, who says "I don't want a rebuild job, I want to manage a contender." Everybody goes, "oh yeah, he's earned that right, what time would you like your breakfast, sir?" and so forth.

He's being picky when I don't think it's in his best interest to be picky. But hey, you don't want the job? Great, let's not waste our time, we'd all be miserable anyway, good bye and good luck. On one hand I can respect it, even if it leaves a bitter taste.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piece of crap :lol:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Ozzie Guillen in Detroit. :hope:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lookit, I ain't stewpit -- much...I get why everyone feels like they have to say this.

However, it's a MAJOR LEAGUE job, in a LARGE city, with a lot of media exposure (which may actually hurt, come to think of it).

If you are jobless, you don't say no to potential interviews, even if you wouldn't actually work there. You give yourself a bit of a reputation that follows you. Also, it's SO BAD right now, that -- as I mentioned earlier -- the expectations aren't going to be that high. You can learn as you go, develop some young players that actually have some talent, and in a couple of years, if everyone is patient, you could be where the Astros are right now.

Furthermore, Ausmus just doesn't have that much experience. It'd be different if this was some legendary coach with a great track record and some rings, who says "I don't want a rebuild job, I want to manage a contender." Everybody goes, "oh yeah, he's earned that right, what time would you like your breakfast, sir?" and so forth.

He's being picky when I don't think it's in his best interest to be picky. But hey, you don't want the job? Great, let's not waste our time, we'd all be miserable anyway, good bye and good luck. On one hand I can respect it, even if it leaves a bitter taste.

I agree, I can see a guy like Girardi? Maddon? Showalter? picking their spots

A guy like Ausmus has some balls telling any team he doesnt wanna go there, especially when its the biggest market on the planet, and if Ausmus every took the Mets to the promiseland, his future in this league will be cemented forever

With that said, the latest is that the Mets and Red Sox may enter a big bidding war on Alex Cora, the #1 choice for both....Which of course means he ends up in Boston

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of loser would want the Mets manager job?

As far as Ausmus goes I hope he gets the Boston job. After the way he ruined the Tigers chances of winning, I would love for him to be the Red Sox manager and ruining that team.
Lol

If DD doesn't hire him, it's essential him admitting he made a mistake in hiring him the first time. And plastic
Haired Dave doesn't do that.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A guy like Ausmus has some balls telling any team he doesnt wanna go there, especially when its the biggest market on the planet, and if Ausmus every took the Mets to the promiseland, his future in this league will be cemented forever

With that said, the latest is that the Mets and Red Sox may enter a big bidding war on Alex Cora, the #1 choice for both....Which of course means he ends up in Boston

I don't know why all the excitement for Cora ... he's a young, smart guy with no manager experience ... a lot like Ausmus. The difference is that Ausmus' team under performed while he was at the helm. Ausmus is a smart man I am sure he has learned from his many mishandlings in Detroit. Ausmus may be a good fit in Boston and Cora might do better in New York (Mets) or Detroit. I am sold on Ron Gardenhire for Detroit, but I caution my opinion on this matter ... I thought Matt Millen was going to turn things around for the Lions and Rich Rod was going to be a revolutionary boost at Michigan.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe brad wants to manage the israel team. Unfinished business...

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. What?

Since when did Brad Ausmus become a commodity?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why all the excitement for Cora ... he's a young, smart guy with no manager experience ... a lot like Ausmus. The difference is that Ausmus' team under performed while he was at the helm. Ausmus is a smart man I am sure he has learned from his many mishandlings in Detroit. Ausmus may be a good fit in Boston and Cora might do better in New York (Mets) or Detroit. I am sold on Ron Gardenhire for Detroit, but I caution my opinion on this matter ... I thought Matt Millen was going to turn things around for the Lions and Rich Rod was going to be a revolutionary boost at Michigan.

Cant say I can speak to the quality of Cora as a manager, other than the young latino players for Houston rave about him, and he comes from an organization that is winning, which always seems to appeal to teams looking to hire

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shitty ownership
2nd fiddle
brittle bitch rotation and 3b

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they'd never hire a mexican manager

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shitty ownership
2nd fiddle
brittle bitch rotation and 3b

Nothing we can do about at least one of those things.
Mark Cuban has me blocked on telephone, facebook AND twidder